Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

City Elite On The Naughty Step.

Nice email from the club, who are aware how much the drum improved atmosphere. Elite just need to follow the rules they agreed to and we can continue to enjoy!

8 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Drum and City Elite absolutely integral to the atmosphere on Sunday. A day and time renowned for very flat atmospheres.

I hope they keep up the fantastic work. Sounded absolutely brilliant. Singing literally seconds after a goal never happened pre drum. It’s ace.

Vive le Drum!

Whilst this thread is about standing in a gangway not a drum per se, I agree it has been important in developing the atmosphere this season.

Sunday was fantastic, probably the best home atmosphere since Farke left, absolutely bouncing to the new Jonny Rowe song.

No reason why this atmosphere can't continue without a drum, but at the same time we don't want it being derailed by over zealous Jobsworths.

I suppose standing in the gangway is an issue so long as it doesn't widen to standing in the first place!

6 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Seriously. Literally talking seconds, drum goes, crowd into full voice. Before it would be a minute or two... Not helped by that garbage out of date goal music.

Or VAR* delays 

*EPL only! 

Sorry - am I the only one who does not know who Elliot or the City Elite are?  🙄

6 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Seriously. Literally talking seconds, drum goes, crowd into full voice. Before it would be a minute or two... Not helped by that garbage out of date goal music.

My daughter loves the goal music, I want to hear it on tap against Leicester. 

25 minutes ago, Badger said:

Sorry - am I the only one who does not know who Elliot or the City Elite are?  🙄

Elliot King

Head of Supporter Engagement at Norwich City Football Club

City Elite - play the drum.

image.png.a7b3b45785bd74c960eccc816f88a997.png

• Thanks 1

On 21/08/2023 at 18:05, Midlands Yellow said:

Would anyone be interested in more musical instruments to complement the drum? Maybe a few trumpet players and someone on the organ. 

No. I cannot stand the band that go to England matches. 

It’s a health and safety nightmare how the crowd acts around the drum. There was a platform beside the highlights screen he should stand there or in my opinion get rid of it all together what an unnecessary racket 

13 minutes ago, percy varco said:

No. I cannot stand the band that go to England matches. 

Do you go England games or England cricket matches ? At Wembley the band is at the safe standing end, and creates an atmosphere that most of Wembley join in with.

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

It’s a health and safety nightmare how the crowd acts around the drum. There was a platform beside the highlights screen he should stand there or in my opinion get rid of it all together what an unnecessary racket 

Indeed at Wembley the England band have a little area.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

what an unnecessary racket 

Waveney  has hit his once a year sweet spot. Well said Fred Fernackerpan . 

15 hours ago, Well b back said:

Do you go England games or England cricket matches ? At Wembley the band is at the safe standing end, and creates an atmosphere that most of Wembley join in with.

Both, what is the relevance?

It a football forum and I dont like the England band - football.

The band is for the show and tourists.

I’m sure some enjoy it, maybe you do. All fine with me but I dont. 

Be nice if the club could get the PA system working in the Jarrold/South or whatever it’s called this season 

2 hours ago, daly said:

Be nice if the club could get the PA system working in the Jarrold/South or whatever it’s called this season 

It works ok, its just too fricken loud

The PA system is not working ok. Distorted and cuts out, been like it for years. To be fair it’s for the announcers where the issue is, so might just be a rubbish microphone set up. Should be an easy fix and could probably be done from a fan who is a sound engineer for a corporate ticket as payment 

7 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Should be an easy fix and could probably be done from a fan who is a sound engineer for a corporate ticket as payment

Would that be a ticket for life? 😉