1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Apparently the media is full of quotes about Aussie fans calling us rough and more like rugby players. Nine fouls by us, one by them. That was the Aussie TV putting those stas up. They never one put up anything about us but did about Kerr and her goal attempts.

And where has the real Aussie gone? I thought they were the epitome of rough, tough, no nonsense fair dinkum machos. Even David Warner has chipped in. He said England would want to change the ball. The same Warner that cried after being involved in ball tampering.

Just love it when a plan comes together. Sacrificing the Netball to win the Football.

Wasn't that more about the Aussies getting a freekick every time one of them fell over, whereas our players had to be cut in half with a Samurai Sword to get one?

• Like 1

Apparently the media is full of quotes about Aussie fans calling us rough and more like rugby players. Nine fouls by us, one by them. That was the Aussie TV putting those stas up. They never one put up anything about us but did about Kerr and her goal attempts.

And where has the real Aussie gone? I thought they were the epitome of rough, tough, no nonsense fair dinkum machos. Even David Warner has chipped in. He said England would want to change the ball. The same Warner that cried after being involved in ball tampering.

Just love it when a plan comes together. Sacrificing the Netball to win the Football.

Australian TV and pundits are just dreadful homers when it comes to any sport, as bad as American's for some reason. 

You see it in the cricket, particularly Glenn McGrath who cannot be remotely impartial.

Aussie's whingeing? Never 🙂   

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Haha 1

Lauren Hemp is hydrated by their tears

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Wasn't that more about the Aussies getting a freekick every time one of them fell over, whereas our players had to be cut in half with a Samurai Sword to get one?

Indeed, I began to question whether or not the ref was an Aussie, she gave them absolutely everything and us nothing.......

Aussies want to grow the game in Australia they need to toughen up. Imagine an Aussie rules player saying ‘oooh that was a bit rough’. 

I remember tuhe hysteria surrounding Cathy Freeman at Sydney 2000. Many Aussies didn't really like her but that didn't matter on the day to them. It was Australia not Freeman running. Today it was all Kerr. I felt a bit sorry for the rest of them. The crowd had taken over.

Some Auusies were asked about today's match beforehand and some admitted to knowing nothing about football or having any interest in it. But beating us was important.

I'm quite happy we stuffed them in their own backyard.

• Like 3

Made the mistake of whingeing on the BBC HYS about the commentary being out of sync with Robyn Cowan screeching "goal!" before it Toone's actually went in - needless to say Moderated within 25 seconds 🤣 - This Comment has been removed.... 

Aussies beaten and cannot bring themselves to congratulate us. Now they are saying they were unhappy with us because we didn't vote for them and NZ but Colombia in the bidding process.

I am waiting for them to ask Trump to tell us we didn't win and the ref was rigged.

9 hours ago, king canary said:

Initially I was just impressed that she was holding up the ball and taking some pressure off the defence. Never expected her to go on a run like that!

Same here. I was just expecting a bit of game management and running down the clock. Aussies probably were expecting the same!

Wouldn't have seen it but  for the fact I was upgrading a satellite dish, so customers insisted on feeding and watering me to keep the dish up and running so they could see it!

33 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Same here. I was just expecting a bit of game management and running down the clock. Aussies probably were expecting the same!

Wouldn't have seen it but  for the fact I was upgrading a satellite dish, so customers insisted on feeding and watering me to keep the dish up and running so they could see it!

My kids all mocked me because I was screaming at the tele for Hemp to pass it left and not to Russo. She showed what I know.

• Haha 1

Just adding to what most of you have said about the performance of Lauren Hemp. I rarely would give a 10/10 rating but she was absolutely outstanding today. Pace, skill, fantastic physicality that scared the Aussie backline sh*tless, never giving up on lost causes, scored one ,made one and pretty much covered every blade of grass. Well done our lass! 

• Like 4

On 16/08/2023 at 13:50, keelansgrandad said:

I'm absolutely loving the Aussies whingeing about how rough we were - brilliant from just about every angle, not least the fact that in terms of fouls and physicality it was a very even (and generally clean) contest.  Anyone who wants evidence that officials are influenced by a home crowd could start with a replay of this game.

• Haha 1

I don’t know what anyone sees in Women’s football, the media ramming in down our throats when clearly no one wants to watch it.

The stadium was probably full of actors, just like those fake Qatari fans, which is completely different because I won’t hear of a bad word about the mens game. I mean they’ve even hypnotised over 7 million people to watch it, during working hours when these people probably would rather have been getting their job done than intentionally taking time out of their day to watch something no one wants to actually watch… 

what a disgrace 

• Haha 1

On 16/08/2023 at 13:23, Robert N. LiM said:

Well said. And they've been such great standard bearers for women's sport, too. Hugely proud of them. Especially Hempo, of course 

Screenshot_20230816_132131_Chrome.jpg

Anyone posted this on TWTD yet?

"Lauren Hemp, she's one of our own"

Well anyways whatever you watched we got a result!! 

Not so happy about the Tractor mob top of the shop with 2 points and a goal over us.