S_81

Mason Greenwood

32 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Oh I thought they'd released him 😳 

Must admit I thought this as well 

16 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Must admit I thought this as well 

The statement was carefully worded - saying only that he would not play for Man Utd again. 

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Signed for Getafe.

Not a destination I would've expected, to be honest.

Specially since their president was one of the 1st people to condemn Rubiales... very, very strange decision. 

From the player's point of view, I'm guessing he won't mind much as there is a British community around those parts, including a few dodgy expats/absconders. He'll feel right at home, the weather is a bonus.

2 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

Sensible for him, decent enough standard but low enough to wait for the media to die down. Hopefully he can be left alone to continue his career in peace 

Yeah, poor dear. If only people would just leave the chap alone.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Yeah, poor dear. If only people would just leave the chap alone.

He’s probably a w***er, but as I’ve said previously I’m uncomfortable with social media being judge, jury and executioner. Preventing people from earning a living doing their trade without them having been found guilty of a crime strikes me as an incredibly dangerous precedent 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Joined a team called “get off”; how apt. 

As opposed to "Go Ahead Eagles"?

7 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

He’s probably a w***er, but as I’ve said previously I’m uncomfortable with social media being judge, jury and executioner. Preventing people from earning a living doing their trade without them having been found guilty of a crime strikes me as an incredibly dangerous precedent 

She said no yet he forced it in her anyways.

That's all you need to know. Hope he gets to play less than 60 seconds before a player snaps his legs.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That's all you need to know. Hope he gets to play less than 60 seconds before a player snaps his legs.

Wishing that on any player whatever the wrongs he’s done is just sick! After you typing that it would be easy to wish someone would break your fingers with a sledgehammer ffs! 

And, I’m in no way condoning what Greenwood did at all. 

3 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Wishing that on any player whatever the wrongs he’s done is just sick! After you typing that it would be easy to wish someone would break your fingers with a sledgehammer ffs! 

And, I’m in no way condoning what Greenwood did at all. 

If it was your daughter I imagine you would think differently.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But it’s not, is it your daughter? I would never speculate on that and I have 3 daughters and a granddaughter. The thought is incomprehensible.

We live in a society where it’s chosen to rehabilitate people, even though, he’s never actually been found guilty in a court of law has he?  

Why don’t you just stick to writing **** to do with football and not an alleged crime? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

But it’s not, is it your daughter? I would never speculate on that and I have 3 daughters and a granddaughter. The thought is incomprehensible.

We live in a society where it’s chosen to rehabilitate people, even though, he’s never actually been found guilty in a court of law has he?  

Why don’t you just stick to writing **** to do with football and not an alleged crime? 

Audio is there and she said no. That's all that matters.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"alleged crime"

Audio is there. She said no.

Has he been found guilty in a court of law? Yes or no? 

As I said I’m not condoning it but in the UK there tends to be an innocent til proven guilty thing, you’ve probably missed that though regurgitating crap stories that we can all see on the home page! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Audio is there and she said no. That's all that matters.

That is absolutely not all that matters.

• Like 3

I couldn't care less what happens to him and it's highly possible someone in Spain, playing or otherwise, might seek to leave their mark on him, but clearly not as much had he stayed in this country.

Good riddance to him.

He can rebuild his career out of the limelight. Fair enough. But at the same time, I don't blame a lot of United fans for taking a principled stand and saying they can't support such behaviour.

Probably worked out best for everyone, Greenwood would surely have ran quite the gauntlet from away fans in the Premier League as well as considerable and justifiable consternation from many of his own.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I’ve no idea what happened, and neither do you. According to police some new evidence came to light which caused them to call off their investigation, but since none of us know what this evidence was we’ll just have to accept their judgement.

If I was to label you a nonce on social media would you think it’s fair for your boss to terminate your contract simply on my allegation, even if the police decided their wasn’t a case to answer? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

I’ve no idea what happened, and neither do you. According to police some new evidence came to light which caused them to call off their investigation, but since none of us know what this evidence was we’ll just have to accept their judgement.

If I was to label you a nonce on social media would you think it’s fair for your boss to terminate your contract simply on my allegation, even if the police decided their wasn’t a case to answer? 

agree with this, other than its the CPS who bring the cases, or not, not the police.

On 02/09/2023 at 10:18, cambridgeshire canary said:

Are you assuming that he - or most people - would be able to think in abstract terms over a topic as emotionally charged as this? 

There is a lot of "if it happened to my family I would do x, y, z" but in reality that is very seldom how it pans out.

On 02/09/2023 at 00:08, PurpleCanary said:

The statement was carefully worded - saying only that he would not play for Man Utd again. 

Not a good look to play him, not good for the bank  balance to release him. They've  done exactly what a scummy Club would do. Let's call it an Essex  outcome. 

Edited by wcorkcanary