Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

Best moment in yesterdays game

I know the goals were great (for different reasons), but My highlight of the game was towards the end of the second half when hull had a chance to break and Duffy unceremoniously fouled their player on the half way line. Terrible challenge and closer to penalty area would have been cries for a red card.

Thats what we’ve really been missing for last couple of seasons. Hanley or Gibson would’ve run alongside him for the length of the half and either a)not tackled resulting in a shot/goal or b)clumsily fouled him in box and given penalty away.

We desperately needed players strong in body and mind and I think Duffy, Barnes and Stacey all bring that.

• Like 2

Yeah there was a lot more fight from the team and general aggressiveness. We’ve been so passive for many seasons now. Good to see.

The best moment for me was the Farkesque celebrations in the Barclay penalty area after the final whistle by the players and Wagner.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rock bus said:

I know the goals were great (for different reasons), but My highlight of the game was towards the end of the second half when hull had a chance to break and Duffy unceremoniously fouled their player on the half way line. Terrible challenge and closer to penalty area would have been cries for a red card.

Thats what we’ve really been missing for last couple of seasons. Hanley or Gibson would’ve run alongside him for the length of the half and either a)not tackled resulting in a shot/goal or b)clumsily fouled him in box and given penalty away.

We desperately needed players strong in body and mind and I think Duffy, Barnes and Stacey all bring that.

Some filth in the squad at last, fantastic. 

16 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Perhaps Carlton morris’ goal for Luton being a case study here? 

2 hours ago, rock bus said:

I know the goals were great (for different reasons), but My highlight of the game was towards the end of the second half when hull had a chance to break and Duffy unceremoniously fouled their player on the half way line.

He proper went in to him too,  I thought he had two footed him originally as all you could see was both legs come out and the player went down.

Someone mentioned it was an ex team-mate or something on another thread I think?

3 hours ago, rock bus said:

It was an absolutely filthy challenge and I absolutely loved it. Exactly what we've been missing.. Malky and Flem would be pleased 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Indeed the number of times I was almost screaming TACKLE HIM ALREADY when our players just slowly backed off and seemed scared to tackle players last season was crazy

Is that like almost being at the game?! 😉 

26 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

He proper went in to him too,  I thought he had two footed him originally as all you could see was both legs come out and the player went down.

Someone mentioned it was an ex team-mate or something on another thread I think?

Yep on radio Norfolk said it was a team mate from the Irish team 😂 

• Thanks 1

You're not a proper full-back unless you've planted your winger into the dugout.

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Orlike almost being able to to resist making the same joke for the thousandth time?

almost! 

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The best moment for me was the Farkesque celebrations in the Barclay penalty area after the final whistle by the players and Wagner.

This!! We need flags and crowd surfers back now to ramp things up .

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Indeed the number of times I was almost screaming TACKLE HIM ALREADY when our players just slowly backed off and seemed scared to tackle players last season was crazy

English not your first language. Asking for something to happen, which has happened before your request. What next ?  Wanting to set off the bomb that has just blown up ?

As to the foul, it was perhaps the worst moment in the game for us. Setting aside the thought that attackers can get past Duffy on speed, it was possibly one of the stupidest acts. Given in the current circumstances.

We are only now finding out what refs are being told to book players for. Duffy does something else in that game, that was not a booking last season, and bang he is off. For the record, I welcome this clampdown. Good to see the Hull keeper not only booked for time-wasting, but the time wasted was added on. Much like the cretin Savage taking his time to get off the pitch, imagining City fans gave a sh it that it was his last game. Two very enjoyable late goals.

Refs are being monitored. I suspect they will NOT be penalised for what might be seen as an over harsh decision. Whereas they will be if they don't book players for things that are now deemed not acceptable. Until it settles down, only an idiot would think it was OK to carry on as  usual.