Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

Season Ticket Prices

Hasn't all that been discussed before on this forum?

Same stick different day.

Are you Mervyn Lambert? Can I claim £5?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Hasn't all that been discussed before on this forum?

Same stick different day.

Are you Mervyn Lambert? Can I claim £5?

No is the answer to both questions.

Good to see the same view held by a Directors Box customer. For @chicken benefit Mervyn spends far more on season tickets than any typical customer.

Edited by essex canary

20 minutes ago, essex canary said:

No is the answer to both questions.

Good to see the same view held by a Directors Box customer. For @chicken benefit Mervyn spends far more on season tickets than any typical customer.

must have imagined this one about Mervyn previously. 

Imagine my surprise when found who posted that when i searched for his name. 

There are already numerous threads on season ticket prices which im not going to link here. 

One question though - Mervyn may spend more on season tickets than any typical customer ( although I assume he would receive the relevant amount of  season tickets he pays for), but is he a share holder? or an away member? 

Edited by Greavsy

19 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

must have imagined this one about Mervyn previously. 

Imagine my surprise when found who posted that when i searched for his name. 

There are already numerous threads on season ticket prices which im not going to link here. 

One question though - Mervyn may spend more on season tickets than any typical customer ( although I assume he would receive the relevant amount of  season tickets he pays for), but is he a share holder? or an away member? 

I don't think he is a shareholder. Probably little time for away games as he goes to Portman Road.

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Over to Mervyn....

20230804_082225.jpg

Point 1.  Did Mervyn write to the EDP and congratulate the club in 2021, 2019, 2015 2011 & 2010 for fully delivering (maybe even over-delivering?) on ST value?  I'll bet he didn't

Point 2a. Has Mervyn ever written to the EDP & highlighted the club's achievement in over-delivering in terms of wage-bill (2019, 2011 & 2010 spring immediately to mind)   I'll bet he hasn't

Point 2b.  The pricing table to which he refers is a simplistic overview, and certainly not a forensic or objective view of ticket-pricing (as has likely been discussed previously)

Point 3.  He went to Portaloo Road to watch a match last season?  No more comment necessary. 

Point 4.  He can't be bothered to accurately type the first line of the club anthem ("On The Ball, City") 

Edited by NewNestCarrow
Rewriting history is apparently allowed

2 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Point 1.  Did Mervyn write to the EDP and congratulate the club in 2021, 2019, 2015 2011 & 2010 for fully delivering (maybe even over-delivering?) on ST value?  I'll bet he didn't

Point 2. Has Mervyn ever written to the EDP & highlighted the club's achievement in over-delivering in terms of wage-bill (2019, 2011 & 2010 spring immediately to mind)   I'll bet he hasn't

Point 2.  The pricing table to which he refers is a simplistic overview, and certainly not a forensic or objective view of ticket-pricing (as has likely been discussed previously)

Point 3.  He went to Portaloo Road to watch a match last season?  No more comment necessary. 

Point 4.  He can't be bothered to accurately type the first line of the club anthem ("On The Ball, City") 

Has he ever listed 5 points in a response and labelled them from 1 to 4? To be fair to Mervyn he speaks his mind both ways round.

Perhaps your most pertinent point is the middle one. A forensic and objective view of ticket pricing would take account of such factors as the breadth of availability of concessions in different parts of the ground and ultimately calculate the average yield per supporter. I am not saying I have gone to those lengths but taking account of the gate money figures declared in Companies House published accounts for various clubs I would be surprised if NCFC would end up any lower in this table on that basis.

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Has he ever listed 5 points in a response and labelled them from 1 to 4? To be fair to Mervyn he speaks his mind both ways round.

Perhaps your most pertinent point is the middle one. A forensic and objective view of ticket pricing would take account of such factors as the breadth of availability of concessions in different parts of the ground and ultimately calculate the average yield per supporter. I am not saying I have gone to those lengths but taking account of the gate money figures declared in Companies House published accounts for various clubs I would be surprised if NCFC would end up any lower in this table on that basis.

Two numbers 2's, quite apt!

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Two numbers 2's, quite apt!

There are numerous posts on this forum this morning on a number of threads that can be classified as number 2's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Disagree. The most pertinent point is that some fans will use any old, thrown-together (misleading) data to continue to find fault with their football club.

There isn't even any need to be forensic about it; just 20 mins' work has shown me that a QPR ST in their equivalent of Barclay top tier seat is £749 for an adult, £507 concession.  The worst seat in their Main Stand is £628 (£386 concession)

Anyone with an ounce of objectivity knows that chart of ST prices was just half-arsed & incomplete humbug. Even you know it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

I don't think he is a shareholder. Probably little time for away games as he goes to Portman Road.

The more you tell us about him the more we can see that he's a d!ckhead.

• Like 1

The attached shows the declaration of gate money as per Companies House returns 2021/22 with the average attendance for that season for each 2023/24 Championship Club.

In that crude Table we are 6th highest. Unlike us though the 5 clubs above us may well classify their commercial matchday income as gate money which I am convinced we don’t. There is little doubt that Southampton, Millwall and Sheffield Wednsday follow that different practice which is why there figures are otherwise higher than they would be. Leicester had a European campaign which also enhances their figures. Both them and Leeds have considerable commercial scope when in the PL in relation to commercial income. 

Of course for all the Trump fans out there it is fake news.

20230804_123745.jpg

• Like 1

I'm pretty hot for that excel image right now.  Any chance of getting a close up of a formula please?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I'm pretty hot for that excel image right now.  Any chance of getting a close up of a formula please?

ETHICS = IRRATIONAL HATRED OF THE CURRENT NCFC BOARD

19 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Column F is simply column b x 1,000 divided by column d.  Column H is column b divided by (Turnover minus broadcasting income).

Looks like I'm going to be the one to say don't photograph your tablet like an idiot, use a screenshot.

• Like 1

Just now, essex canary said:

Column F is simply column b x 1,000 divided by column d.  Column H is column b divided by (Turnover minus broadcasting income).

I'm going from Column A to Column Love here, big boy.  Will the final sheet be available via your onlyfans?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I'm going from Column A to Column Love here, big boy.  Will the final sheet be available via your onlyfans?

Google wanting to give @essex canary some of that (column) D

• Sad 1

I just hope we get to hear at least one more rousing rendition comparing Stuart Webber to female genitalia. It'll be worth the price then, surely? Nice to see some fan unity in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

If Mervyn is a Norwich fan, why was he at Ipswich’s last home game?

He made some kind of unbelievable statement in a previous letter to the EDP why he goes to matches at both, it seemed a bit of **** but basically its all about business. In reality its just that his wife wants him out of the house and he lacks imagination to take up something like fishing ... 😉 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

He made some kind of unbelievable statement in a previous letter to the EDP why he goes to matches at both, it seemed a bit of **** but basically its all about business. In reality its just that his wife wants him out of the house and he lacks imagination to take up something like fishing ... 😉 

Thats weak sauce.

The only reason I'm voluntarily going to Portman Road is to watch it get opened as a car park post-demolition.

6 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Poor old Mervyn must be hard up given that he often parks his big old piece of metal in the wooded area near Lakenfields rather than pay for parking........... 

Ok, I think we might need a thread on matchday parking because its an amazing subject all on its own.

The lengths I've seen people go to to park for free rather than spending literally a few pounds, the competition to get closer and closer to the ground. It's very competitive and its a whole unspoken thing that goes on every matchday and me, I find it hilarious and satisfying its got to be said.

I always just start laughing when I hear "Would the owner of the Mercedes reg number KN01 BHD please return to your car and move it immediately!" come over the tannoy system and imagine some competitive parker has sneaked it into the away dressing room somehow because "There wasn't a sign!"

Edited by The Real Buh

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Ok, I think we might need a thread on matchday parking because its an amazing subject all on its own.

The lengths I've seen people go to to park for free rather than spending literally a few pounds, the competition to get closer and closer to the ground. It's very competitive and its a whole unspoken thing that goes on every matchday and me, I find it hilarious and satisfying its got to be said.

I always just start laughing when I hear "Would the owner of the Mercedes reg number KN01 BHD please return to your car and move it immediately!" come over the tannoy system some competitive parker has sneaked it into the away dressing room somehow because "There wasn't a sign!"

Quite. I used to walk past the area in question on the way to games, it always amused me that the same two cars (really big, expensive bits of metal) putting the 4 x 4 to good use to park in the woods for free, can afford tens of thousands for a motor but can't afford to pay for parking. (They both initially parked in what were actually passing places, I assumed they were asked not to).............

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

don't photograph your tablet like an idiot

How does an Idiot  do something.. 'not like an idiot' ....  bit like asking Ethics not to be a tw@.  ...oh, i get it now. 

How this man ever managed to function in the real world I'll  never know.. then again reading his shoite , it doesn't look  like he does. 

I'm always a bit confused by people who write to the EDP. Why bother? 

Anyway, the important thing is that if you price a product too high you won't sell it.