hogesar

Sheffield United Selling Best Player on Promotion..

Maybe we've started a trend? Especially when the lines coming out of Sheffield is they had no choice because the player wanted to go..

• Like 2

The two lads they had loan Doyle and Mctee have also gone so there is the Skipp comparison as well.

And like us, I am sure it will be a daft move unless they have people better at finding replacements. If he is indeed their best player...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

He’s nowhere near their best player or an equivalent to Buendia. 

Try telling United fans that right now. I fancy them to be a better judge than you...I'm only going by they're furore right now...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

He’s nowhere near their best player or an equivalent to Buendia. 

Exactly. 100%

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Try telling United fans that right now. I fancy them to be a better judge than you...I'm only going by they're furore right now...

He may be a player is some promise but he’s a striker and got 14 goals in the championship last season. He’s nowhere near as integral as Buendia was to us. 

you have a point in that if Shef U are selling their better players on promotion then it may well be an indication they are going to struggle again, especially if they don’t replace them adequately. But then that just actually would back up the view of most of us that selling Buendia was an error wouldn’t it? 

9 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

He may be a player is some promise but he’s a striker and got 14 goals in the championship last season. He’s nowhere near as integral as Buendia was to us. 

you have a point in that if Shef U are selling their better players on promotion then it may well be an indication they are going to struggle again, especially if they don’t replace them adequately. But then that just actually would back up the view of most of us that selling Buendia was an error wouldn’t it? 

Yes, of course it would back that up.

Where have I said it wouldn't?

The most noteworthy part of it is we were, from what I can gather, the only club to have done such a thing on promotion. We may now have another.

Worth noting the owner wants to sell the club so the most concerning thing for them is its unlikely to be reinvested. As things stand they're looking at playing under21s as their strikeforce.

11 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

He also plays as a midfielder and got 14 goals and 10 assists.

Buendia got 15 goals and 16 assists but in a much more free scoring team. I'd agree with United fans that he's their most important player.

Sheff Utd didn't look anything special at all last season, 2nd or not. They'll comfortably be in the bottom 3.

Looks like the fee is around £30m and just like Emi he wanted to leave, so yeah there are Buendia comparisons.

Crucially will be if they do better with the proceeds than we did.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

He was their player of the season, as far as I can tell.  A fair bit of their promotion was down to him + their loans, so on that score it’s not far wrong with the comparison to us. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Even if it is debatable that he was their best player last season, it shows that when a player wants to leave a club there is not a lot it can do to stop him.............

12 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

He was their player of the season, as far as I can tell.  A fair bit of their promotion was down to him + their loans, so on that score it’s not far wrong with the comparison to us. 

I don't think it's debatable, it's just @Jim Smith and @Kenny Foggo don't like it because they thought it was some big defence of our club, and they can't be having that.

I'd be interested who they think their best player was, and why he wasn't as integral to them as Buendia despite being the player that contributed both the most goals and assists to their team?

He was their top scorer and top assister. He was their best player last season according to all their fans. He got POTS. He has 24 combined goals and assists, the next closest was McBurnie with 15 goal involvements.

But apparently Kenny and Jim know far more about Sheffield United's squad than...Sheffield United fans.

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 1

It is OK to sell your player when you go up IF you replace him ,

if you take his fee add a little bit of money and strengthen two positions that's a good thing , 

the Emi money was not well spent ,

the MK1 Webber with that money when he first came here we would be in the PL for sure with some great players ,

sadly it was spent after the recruitment had lost it's magic wand ,

31 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Even if it is debatable that he was their best player last season, it shows that when a player wants to leave a club there is not a lot it can do to stop him.............

Not sure it does. What it shows is that if a club wants to cash in on a player they will sell them, whether that’s to fund other transfers or because they need/want the money for other reasons. Essentially both come back to the club/ ownership not having the cash to enable them to keep said players and bring in additional players. 

17 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Not sure it does. What it shows is that if a club wants to cash in on a player they will sell them, whether that’s to fund other transfers or because they need/want the money for other reasons. Essentially both come back to the club/ ownership not having the cash to enable them to keep said players and bring in additional players. 

Still curious who Sheffield United's best player is? Their fans are desperate to know too because they've thought it was Ndiaye but i've assured them they're wrong 🙂

• Haha 2

The obvious difference between this and Buendia is his contract- Ndiaye had one year left so Sheffield United risked losing him for nothing in 12 months. Buendia had another 3 years left on his deal with us.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

The obvious difference between this and Buendia is his contract- Ndiaye had one year left so Sheffield United risked losing him for nothing in 12 months. Buendia had another 3 years left on his deal with us.

Yes, Sheffield owners / board have terribly mismanaged contracts with 3 other starters apparently 12 months from expiry too...

Just now, hogesar said:

Yes, Sheffield owners / board have terribly mismanaged contracts with 3 other starters apparently 12 months from expiry too...

That is what happens when you have want-away owners I'd imagine.

However it has been shown that you can rebuild quite quickly with the right owners/senior people. Burnley looked like a basket case club this time 12 months ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I think it’s up for debate if he is there best player or not to be fair 

Oh there is no debate (certainly amongst my Blades friends who are in uproar over this - expect protests on the opening day of the Prem) now McAtee has returned to Citeh, Ndaiye was their only player of note. He has the quickest feet and best close ball control of any forward I've seen at the Lane for many a year. There seems little prospect of any of the transfer fee finding its way to their team building, their owner the shady Prince needs any dough going at present.

They will be relegated, probably with about the same number of points as we earned on our last two visits.

Why they copy everything we do is a bit weird, mind.

• Like 4

Now Hoggy, you know it’s only us that are going to hell in a handcart. We’ve been fast tracking the highway to hell since the cook and her cohorts seized power in the 90s. Other clubs have gone about things the right way with proper football owners and have been climbing the steps to heaven the whole time. They may have stumbled a few times over the years but they’ll all get there in the end. The promised land will have an abundance of these clubs while we rot away in the Anglian Combination.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Oh there is no debate (certainly amongst my Blades friends who are in uproar over this - expect protests on the opening day of the Prem) now McAtee has returned to Citeh, Ndaiye was their only player of note. He has the quickest feet and best close ball control of any forward I've seen at the Lane for many a year. There seems little prospect of any of the transfer fee finding its way to their team building, their owner the shady Prince needs any dough going at present.

They will be relegated, probably with about the same number of points as we earned on our last two visits.

Why they copy everything we do is a bit weird, mind.

Pfft, all this nonsense about Blades fans knowing who their best player is...

I have been assured by @Jim Smith and @Kenny Foggo that this is not the case. I'm still waiting to find out who they think is though....they've done their best to avoid me since, I don't know why!

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

One way of spinning it I suppose.............

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

I don't think it's debatable, it's just @Jim Smith and @Kenny Foggo don't like it because they thought it was some big defence of our club, and they can't be having that.

I'd be interested who they think their best player was, and why he wasn't as integral to them as Buendia despite being the player that contributed both the most goals and assists to their team?

He was their top scorer and top assister. He was their best player last season according to all their fans. He got POTS. He has 24 combined goals and assists, the next closest was McBurnie with 15 goal involvements.

But apparently Kenny and Jim know far more about Sheffield United's squad than...Sheffield United fans.

I do not think so either, but you have been daft enough to post a reasonable, common sense post that does not sit well with those with a set of sticks to beat NCFC with..............

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Not sure I agree with this- I think we had far more leverage with Buendia (3 years left on his deal) vs what Sheffield United have now.

I think the only positive for Sheffield United getting promoted is the Sky money, I  think they will get absolutely battered & I'd be surprised if they don't finish bottom. 

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Not sure I agree with this- I think wed far more leverage with Buendia (3 years left on his deal) vs what Sheffield United have now.

It is a fair point....but.....Buendia wanted to leave, I am not sure he would give a flying fig about how long he had left on his contract if he had his heart set on playing at a higher level, I doubt very much he would have wanted to see his contract out and what club would want to keep a player who has made it clear they see their future elsewhere?. I personally think NCFC handled the Buendia situation as well as they could under the circumstances..........