Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Are any of you old dodgers on this photo?

I think we’re old codgers not dodgers Nutty 😀 Dodderers sounds a good compromise.

Not in the frame in this one. Was it taken at Liverpool St station ? That walkway looks familiar.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I think we’re old codgers not dodgers Nutty 😀 

Not in the frame on this one. Was it taken at Liverpool St station ? That walkway looks familiar

Could be. We went on the train that day. Used to go on the train a fair bit in the days of football specials. Privatisation put paid to them.

You can be a codger all you like buddy. I'm gonna carry on dodgin'...

:classic_ninja:

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Not in that frame.

But went on the train

A rubbish game.

Young Ralph Coates with the winner. Same again in 75, didn’t turn up and another crap match. 

• Like 2

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Young Ralph Coates with the winner. Same again in 75, didn’t turn up and another crap match. 

You never turn up...

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You never turn up...

I’ve turned up hundreds of times Nutty. If you want I’ll get you a list of the matches. 

We had a coach from the Film Comps Department at Jarrolds Printers.

Remember Dunc had a chance with a header and we all said thank goodness he missed because we didn't want to spend moey on another trip to see a rubbish match.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’ve turned up hundreds of times Nutty. If you want I’ll get you a list of the matches. 

Just a list of happy memories. That shouldn't take you long...

If people can't look back fondly to the first ever trip to Wembley then probably the wrong sport and definitely the wrong team.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Just a list of happy memories. That shouldn't take you long...

If people can't look back fondly to the first ever trip to Wembley then probably the wrong sport and definitely the wrong team.

Can’t all be over the moon like you every week regardless of the result/performance. 

21 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Can’t all be over the moon like you every week regardless of the result/performance. 

Just get on with that list...

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Stop being bitter Edward, you’re a happy go lucky chap. 

It takes some doing to remain that way on here. My only consolation is come the Hull game most of you won't be there...

• Like 2

Just now, nutty nigel said:

It takes some doing to remain that way on here. My only consolation is come the Hull game most of you won't be there...

Most of who? I’ll be the for the Leicester match though. I guess that doesn’t count though. 

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Should've done better in 75 with Boyer and MacDougall in the team.

5 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Should've done better in 75 with Boyer and MacDougall in the team.

Peaked too early after knocking Ipswich and Man Utd out in the quarters and semi. Good season though as we did win promotion. 

I was there. Went on the train. At the old Wembley, what rubbish seating we had if I remember correctly. 

Yep, I was there and travelled on one of the special trains with my dad.  I was only ten and cried pretty much all of the way home. Was there again in 75’. As others have said, both rubbish games but undoubtedly more disappointed with the 75’ loss as we were not underdogs in that one. 
In those days when the binners sang ‘you’ve never been to Europe’ we would respond with ‘you’ve never been to Wembley’. The old stadium was truly awful apart from those glorious twin towers, but I suppose it was pretty much in keeping with stadiums of the time. 

Edited by Mutley