Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Bruising Night For The Tories

I Fcuking hope so in these 3 By-elections. Is this government the most rancid and hated in recent generations? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I Fcuking hope so in these 3 By-elections. Is this government the most rancid and hated in recent generations? 

Oh yes. And they try to tell us that Boris was left of the Party

Can I be the first to say:

ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

?

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Can I be the first to say:

ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

?

I have to agree with you, losing majorities of 19 and 20,000 is hilarious. Winning the other by using a climate change issue is a disgrace. Birmingham has a Tory mayor and guess what, we have a low omission’s area, and guess what he wants to expand it, as you say hilarious.

Matt Goodwin went to the recent right NatCon conference in London and told them why:

'Well, I’ll say it because so far nobody else at this conference has said it. They got a Conservative Party which has failed. They got a party which no longer knows what it is or what it wants. They got a party which thinks it’s still living in 1988 rather than 2023. They got a party which is so obsessed with rehashing the old arguments about economic freedom that it’s failed to realise that many voters today are also crying out for cultural freedom -freedom from mass immigration, a stifling political correctness, and a dogmatic new elite.'

What I told NatCon London - Matt Goodwin

In the meantime, the Uniparty retained 3 seats.. Big whoop! 🙃

10 hours ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Matt Goodwin went to the recent right NatCon conference in London and told them why:

'Well, I’ll say it because so far nobody else at this conference has said it. They got a Conservative Party which has failed. They got a party which no longer knows what it is or what it wants. They got a party which thinks it’s still living in 1988 rather than 2023. They got a party which is so obsessed with rehashing the old arguments about economic freedom that it’s failed to realise that many voters today are also crying out for cultural freedom -freedom from mass immigration, a stifling political correctness, and a dogmatic new elite.'

13K followers. Popular then.

Goodwin is another one of those commentators that started off with some interesting ideas and opinions but has veered into conspiracies and crankdom. See Jordan Peterson for details.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I hate to say it, but I'm gonna say it again...

We're gonna get another Tory government. Apathy gonna play a huge part. See Uxbridge.

Highly unlikely imo. Lab government looks odds on. Either Lab largest party or small majority. A lot depends on how many the SNP lose.

But still lots of time left for "Events"

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

I did wonder if it was 'Wise' to use the late Eric's face for your profile.

Could leave you open to all sorts of expensive comeback.

If I was a thinking person I'd change it pronto.

57 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Highly unlikely imo. Lab government looks odds on. Either Lab largest party or small majority. A lot depends on how many the SNP lose.

Let's hope so.

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Scotland could hold the key. I haven't studied the majoritys but there appearss little appetite for independence in the hustings and the crazy goings on of the SNP wouldn't inspire confidence if you hadn't made up your mind. They will miss Blackford.

3 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I hate to say it, but I'm gonna say it again...

We're gonna get another Tory government. Apathy gonna play a huge part. See Uxbridge.

If they get serious on immigration, leave the ECHR and stick to scrapping inheritance tax the cons may well stay in government...

Isn't going to happen

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Scotland could hold the key. I haven't studied the majoritys but there appearss little appetite for independence in the hustings and the crazy goings on of the SNP wouldn't inspire confidence if you hadn't made up your mind. They will miss Blackford.

You have to put every seat as SNP with a chance Labour(handful Lid Dem). There is even 1 or 2 sometimes the Torys win. Up here Starmer's fence sitting doesn't cut it and plays right into Nationalists hands. The Labour leader Sarwar has some credibility, but at the same time not much. It's a vote for independence or a vote for Tories out now and tbh Scotland hasn't forgiven Labour and to a voter a hung parliment could be more appealing than a Labour majority. It all matters how much we want stability in this cost of living crisis or just want out. Dark horse is the Alba party.

All eyes on the on-going recall petition in Rutherglen and Hamilton West. Battle-lines have been drawn for sometime.

19 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

You have to put every seat as SNP with a chance Labour(handful Lid Dem). There is even 1 or 2 sometimes the Torys win. Up here Starmer's fence sitting doesn't cut it and plays right into Nationalists hands. The Labour leader Sarwar has some credibility, but at the same time not much. It's a vote for independence or a vote for Tories out now and tbh Scotland hasn't forgiven Labour and to a voter a hung parliment could be more appealing than a Labour majority. It all matters how much we want stability in this cost of living crisis or just want out. Dark horse is the Alba party.

All eyes on the on-going recall petition in Rutherglen and Hamilton West. Battle-lines have been drawn for sometime.

If the SNP holds on better than expected in Scotland, then the chances of a Labour majority reduce and the chances of a lib-lab coalition that introduces electoral reform increases. Paradoxically, SNP success gives the best chance of positive UK political reform that will make the SNP redundant.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Of course we still have a lot of time for the Tories to mess it up even more and make it a certainty. Still so much division within them and its going to have to take a real turnaround in the economy. People will vote with their wallets before any green issue.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Of course we still have a lot of time for the Tories to mess it up even more and make it a certainty. Still so much division within them and its going to have to take a real turnaround in the economy. People will vote with their wallets before any green issue.

Sadly this is probably true but only because it is clear that the vast majority still have no comprehension of how our total failure to address 'green' issues is going to bite them badly in the wallet, or indeed how quickly.

9 hours ago, Herman said:

This with bells on.

Sorry to repeat this but the hand wringing and complaining that Labour didn't quite manage to overturn a large majority in Uxbridge is really getting on my ****. The tories got their backsides kicked in two other elections and rubbish on BBC news has barely acknowledged it, others on here would spend all their energy attacking their own party and Sunak saunters away like he's done well. This country is complete bollox sometimes.

Rant over (Rule 1. Don't listen to BBC news, the shill twats.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Herman said:

Sorry to repeat this but the hand wringing and complaining that Labour didn't quite manage to overturn a large majority in Uxbridge is really getting on my ****. The tories got their backsides kicked in two other elections and rubbish on BBC news has barely acknowledged it, others on here would spend all their energy attacking their own party and Sunak saunters away like he's done well. This country is complete bollox sometimes.

Totally correct Herman. I also see a silver lining for SKS in the Uxbridge result too.  Better this issue now so it can be neutered before any GE and frankly it also identifies that environmental policies need to be scrutinised for public buy-in and not just assumed to be universally popular. It is a shot over the bows of some of the more idealistic but perhaps less pragmatic policies beloved of some.

My own suspicion is the court case will derail this ULEZ extension anyway on pure grounds of legality.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

If they get serious on immigration, leave the ECHR and stick to scrapping inheritance tax the cons may well stay in government...

Isn't going to happen

Yes. It's clear as daylight that Labour is going to win the next election. It is also clear that voters want ULEZ expansion scrapped (along with 20 minute cities and other measures to rob people of their cars), and all the other measures that you mention but the Tories have failed to deliver.

Only a small minority actually want a labour government and a large majority want economic wellbeing over the sort of green policies that restrict people's freedoms. A few years of fascist puritanism is needed to sharpen minds and that is what we are going to get.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Sadly this is probably true but only because it is clear that the vast majority still have no comprehension of how our total failure to address 'green' issues is going to bite them badly in the wallet, or indeed how quickly.

How much do you think 'Net Zero' is costing to implement?

11 hours ago, Herman said:

I listened to Radio 5 on Friday morning. A senior Tory was given a clear run to say why it was a wonderful night for them. Angela Rayner was shouted down and was simply told she had lost. It was extraordinary. I couldn't quite believe it. 

I was also astonished that over an hour into the programme they hadn't mentioned vote lending which was the deciding factor in the 2 seats that the Conservatives lost. I texted them and told them they had missed it (I doubt I was the only one) and 5 minutes later Rachel Burden suddenly said it was the big story of the night. She was right but why had no one at the BBC mentioned it? Are they useless or simply terrified of the Tories? 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 2

Terrified of the bullying and whining tories,which really worries me. They get pressure from MPs and have a few people lurking inside making sure the narrative is tory positive. A cowed and weakened corporation.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

How much do you think 'Net Zero' is costing to implement?

Bit of a strange question to ask since we are doing next to nothing to implement Net Zero, but since you insist that failure to act is already costing all us massively in a number of ways but primarily that we are all paying throught the nose for ridiculously highly priced energy.

For years our corrupt and incompetent government has insisted on continuing to invest (taxpayers' money) in the most expensive forms of energy i.e. nuclear, gas and oil whilst actively holding back their own investment and private sector companies desperate to invest in much cheaper (and renewable) forms of energy, i.e. solar and especially wind power which is now a fraction of the cost of gas, never mind nuclear which is just an exercise in tossing billions of public money into a black hole.

There is a very simple reason why we pay some of the highest enery prices in Europe that reason is 13 years of Tory misrule.

• Like 1

If the sun shone at night and the wind blew at a constant rate throughout the year you might have a point, but they dont, so you don't. A modern society can't  run without a reliable base load of electricity. Until that problem is solved green power will be nice to have but will remain pie in the sky as a complete solution.

Advances in battery technology show promise but they are still a long way from making a transition to 100% green energy possible in the short term.

24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

If the sun shone at night and the wind blew at a constant rate throughout the year you might have a point, but they dont, so you don't. A modern society can't  run without a reliable base load of electricity. Until that problem is solved green power will be nice to have but will remain pie in the sky as a complete solution.

Advances in battery technology show promise but they are still a long way from making a transition to 100% green energy possible in the short term.

Although, as you say, 100% isn't possible at this current time, we could have been far more advanced in renewables than we are currently. Far too much nimbyism, short-termism, poor governance and misinformation has held the country back to being at least 10 years behind where we should be.

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

Although, as you say, 100% isn't possible at this current time, we could have been far more advanced in renewables than we are currently. Far too much nimbyism, short-termism, poor governance and misinformation has held the country back to being at least 10 years behind where we should be.

This is encouraging.

https://www.energyportal.eu/news/harnessing-the-power-of-wind-the-future-of-hydrogen-energy-storage/39867/

Wind power has long been recognized as a key component of the renewable energy mix, with its ability to generate electricity without producing harmful greenhouse gas emissions. However, one of the major challenges associated with wind power is its intermittent nature, as wind speeds can vary significantly over time and across different locations. This variability can lead to periods of excess electricity generation when demand is low, and conversely, periods of insufficient generation when demand is high. To overcome this challenge, energy storage solutions are required to balance supply and demand, ensuring that electricity is available when and where it is needed.

This is where hydrogen energy storage comes into play. By using excess electricity generated by wind turbines to power electrolyzers, water can be split into hydrogen and oxygen, effectively converting the electricity into chemical energy stored in the form of hydrogen gas. This hydrogen can then be stored for later use, either as a fuel for transportation or as a means of generating electricity when wind power is not sufficient to meet demand. This process, known as power-to-gas, has the potential to significantly improve the efficiency and reliability of wind power, while also providing a valuable source of clean hydrogen fuel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Herman said:

As of July 2022, we were 2nd on the list after Norway for best prepared nations for reaching net zero.

https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/which-countries-are-the-most-prepared-to-reach-net-zero-emissions/140674/