Sign in to follow this  
Terminally Yellow

All coming apart at the seams at Fulham

With nothing to talk about NCFC related, thought I'd start a little discussion about Fulham - who seems to be imploding in front of our eyes.

The pursuit of star man João Palhinha continues for several Premier League clubs - but today Aleksandar Mitrović has told the club he will not play for them again after pricing him out of a move to Saudi Arabia and now the same Saudi club have offered Marco Silva a two year deal at £20m a year to join them as manager. 

Their owner, Tony Khan (also owns wrestling company AEW) has said, “If you have enough money you can get away with anything, including murder”. Not pulling punches. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wow, didn’t realise Luton were 2/5, but it feels about right. 

They’ll better our poor points totals 19/20, 21/22. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

21 points, or was it a mighty 22? Yep I think they will. 

Meh - couldn’t really care less about that, the point is that 2/5 on them staying up is about right.  Chances are they will be found out pretty quickly, but they deserve a pop at it.

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

21 points, or was it a mighty 22? Yep I think they will. 

I don't. I think Sheffield Utd and Luton both will really struggle this season. 

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Meh - couldn’t really care less about that, the point is that 2/5 on them staying up is about right.  Chances are they will be found out pretty quickly, but they deserve a pop at it.

Let’s give them a chance and see what happens. Will they get relegated? I think so but they won’t stink the league out like we’ve done recently. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm not sure I'd say it's coming apart at the seams? Mitrovic being a **** is about all there is to it.

Losing your best player, star striker and manager three weeks before the season starts prompting the managing director to accuse a regime of murder publicly seems pretty seam-splitting to me. 

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I don't. I think Sheffield Utd and Luton both will really struggle this season. 

Quick guess on each teams points totals? 

Shame Saudis are trying to buy their way into football and everyone seems to be opening the doors for them, bravo Tony Kahn for talking out

Edited by Nexus_Canary

3 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Their owner, Tony Khan (also owns wrestling company AEW) has said, “If you have enough money you can get away with anything, including murder”. Not pulling punches. 

Tk does not own Fulham his father does, he's just the managing director.

He does however own and book AEW.

Frankly locking horns with people like Vince McMahon, Phil Brooks, Cody Rhodes and Tyson Smith makes the petty demands of people like Mitrovic look totally trivial.

I'm short Tk can dominate and hold his own within the football sphere as the egos and actual brawn to back it up is far bigger in the wrestling world.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

13 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Tk does not own Fulham his father does, he's just the managing director.

He does however own and book AEW.

Frankly locking horns with people like Vince McMahon, Phil Brooks, Cody Rhodes and Tyson Smith makes the petty demands of people like Mitrovic look totally trivial.

I'm short Tk can dominate and hold his own within the football sphere as the egos and actual brawn to back it up is far bigger in the wrestling world.

You know the wrestling stuff is fake right?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, chicken said:

Is it really?!?!

No sh!t!!!!

I'll tell you what's not fake.

Someone smacking you in the teeth for telling them that what they do is fake.

Go into Norwich and find the Knight family, tell them what they do is fake. 

Then post on here,  tell us all about it the next day from your hospital bed.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

24 minutes ago, chicken said:

I assume you never watch TV shows or movies then? Or read fiction books? They are also all fake.

Strict diet of documentaries for you.

What @Nexus_Canary means by 'locking horns' is in a business sense. Tony Khan isn't a wrestler.

Edited by king canary
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Losing your best player, star striker and manager three weeks before the season starts prompting the managing director to accuse a regime of murder publicly seems pretty seam-splitting to me. 

Well as far as I'm aware they've rejected all the bids for Paulinha. Losing Mitrovic would be a blow but they also seem to be playing hardball there. So I'd imagine they aren't too worried.

58 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Shame Saudis are trying to buy their way into football and everyone seems to be opening the doors for them, bravo Tony Kahn for talking out

China tried the same a few years back with the Chinese leauge buying lots of top talents from across Europe. Did not work out for them won't work out for the Saudis

4 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

With nothing to talk about NCFC related, thought I'd start a little discussion about Fulham - who seems to be imploding in front of our eyes.

The pursuit of star man João Palhinha continues for several Premier League clubs - but today Aleksandar Mitrović has told the club he will not play for them again after pricing him out of a move to Saudi Arabia and now the same Saudi club have offered Marco Silva a two year deal at £20m a year to join them as manager. 

Second season syndrome at its finest mate 

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

China tried the same a few years back with the Chinese leauge buying lots of top talents from across Europe. Did not work out for them won't work out for the Saudis

I dunno think the Saudi's see this more as a long game, china was a flash in the pan 

But I hope your right

I can see Luton doing what Sheffield Utd did a few years ago and surprise everyone before being found out in season 2.

Fulham at 9/2 is worth a few quid, them to go with Bournemouth and Sheff Utd.

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Didn't work out for China as their government put a stop to it. Can you see the Saudi government doing similar? No me neither.

This is what football is coming to! An owner complaining that someone is putting more money into a club/ league than he has put into his club!🙄 I bet he felt sorry for clubs like NCFC when he was putting loads of money into fulham….

what a pi**ock?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Really? I doubt it.

They’ll get most of their points at home, why do you think they’re so keen in playing at the kenny? 

EDIT: Carrow road is just too…nice 

Edited by Yobocop

44 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Saudi's are wanting to be the entertainment/sports hub of the world to replace it's oil industry, China wasn't seeking that, so it's completely different.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Saudi's are wanting to be the entertainment/sports hub of the world to replace it's oil industry, China wasn't seeking that, so it's completely different.

Will you be tuning in all full of excitment to watch the saudi leauge? No? Thought not. Neither will most people in Europe.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Such a shallow understanding of what happened there. The Chinese super league lost the support of the government as a valid use of resources. This is a fundamental pillar of a global marketing campaign for an autocracy hell bent on restoring its image.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Will you be tuning in all full of excitment to watch the saudi leauge? No? Thought not. Neither will most people in Europe.

Depends if they bring in the BK8 hot dog girls.. I'm on the fence right now.