dylanisabaddog

Ssshh, you know Hugh

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

S'all made up??

This is becoming a case law students would study alongside "my neighbour grew a hedge and blocked my light"

First thing that jumped to my mind is the young person is accussed of being a crack addict and concern for their welfare

1 hour ago, Herman said:

S'all made up??

OK this is my guess.

The mother reported the facts as far as she knew them and believed them to be true.  What she didn't know was that her son, now aged 20, had committed the crime of blackmail against the person concerned, who has now threatened to expose this fact unless he denies the allegations.  He doesn't deny knowing the person, just that nothing criminal went on. 

However, the issue here is not just whether or not a crime was committed by either party, unless you believe that anything not strictly illegal is somehow OK (as in the classic politician's getout "I've done nothing wrong").

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Chill out everybody. Nobody really knows anything and there appear to be lots of to me frankly odd questions to answer.

Reading between the lines the BBC was contacted mid May with one set of (lesser) allegations, tried to contact the family (but failed) and then we get a further set of more serious allegations made via the Sun. Why not go straight to the police, possibly years earlier?

The full truth will out soon enough.

Good post👍
I could never work out how our forefathers took pleasure from watching public executions, I still can’t, but it’s becoming obvious that there is a human fetish that is stimulated by watching the destruction of others. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Oh dear, Carte Ruck have become involved. That is real high end legal stuff. I hope the Sun are getting lawyered up because you don't  fcuk with Carter Ruck.

Yes - I suspect the 'Sun' is about to about to be in whole 'News of the World' pool of trouble.

Besmirching the BBC and its processes for it seems profit without due care and any attention.

Should be a salutary lesson for a great many of the dimwits on social media too running to conclusions.

Edited by Yellow Fever
Breach of privacy ....
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes - I suspect the 'Sun' is about to about to be in whole 'News of the World' pool of trouble.

Besmirching the BBC and its processes for it seems profit without due care and any attention.

Should be a salutary lesson for a great many of the dimwits on social media too running to conclusions.

You were calling for us all to chill out and not jump to conclusions a few hours ago and now it's definitely conspiracy between the paper and the parents to besmirch a rival?

I wonder if benchwarner is close to the true truth (although I am not sure that there is any need for the blackmail bit) I find that equally believable to the parents went to the sun  only for the money and the paper published with only the slimmest of evidence., fully believing that the story was massively embellished but knowing they had just enough evidence to get away with it.

Edited by Barbe bleu

30 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Indeed, I didn't comment earlier in the thread because it all looked very iffy and there was a lot of jumping to conclusions with very little hard fact to go on. Carter Ruck dont come cheap so this might get a tad expensive for someone.

The amount of egg now being scraped off faces would probably make a rather large sized omelette.

Edited by ricardo
  • Haha 1

This is mad. If The Sun have jumped the gun, Murdoch is in a world of trouble and I hope its the end of his involvement in our media. We'll have to wait and see what transpires, but it's now an even bigger story than it was before and it was huge anyway!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Indeed, I didn't comment earlier in the thread because it all looked very iffy and there was a lot of jumping to conclusions with very little hard fact to go on. Carter Ruck dont come cheap so this might get a tad expensive for someone.

The amount of egg now being scraped off faces would probably make a rather large sized omelette.

Yes - There was clearly something very 'odd' or frankly 'off' from the get-go (yes so chill BB). Those lawyers for the 'victim' (breach of privacy) must think they are onto a (very) good thing.

As to the 'Sun' and a conspiracy besmirching a rival - well I doubt a conspiracy but very clearly the Sun was more than happy to run this story as a front page 'exclusive' without (at best) all the facts itself. Apparently the true victim's lawyers did refute the story last Friday before the Sun 'broke' it but were ignored.

Anyway, I'm sure the Sun will be to able to explain itself ....................

The trouble is there is no one to hold the S*n to account. IPSO is a stitch up, politicians are too cowed. The only way is through the courts and even that is stacked against the victim/s.

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

You were calling for us all to chill out and not jump to conclusions a few hours ago and now it's definitely conspiracy between the paper and the parents to besmirch a rival?

I wonder if benchwarner is close to the true truth (although I am not sure that there is any need for the blackmail bit) I find that equally believable to the parents went to the sun  only for the money and the paper published with only the slimmest of evidence., fully believing that the story was massively embellished but knowing they had just enough evidence to get away with it.

Do we know whether or not the parents were paid for the story? 

The mother alleges that her son was paid £35,000 by the person concerned.  She clearly assumed it was for services rendered.  Not necessarily.

Still more questions than answers.

Edited by benchwarmer

14 minutes ago, Herman said:

The trouble is there is no one to hold the S*n to account. IPSO is a stitch up, politicians are too cowed. The only way is through the courts and even that is stacked against the victim/s.

No doubt most newspapers have the dirt on a great many people. I would think D notices and injunctions have little other effect than stopping publishing. The newspapers still have the negatives so to speak.

12 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Do we know whether or not the parents were paid for the story? 

I have always assumed (yes assumed, we do not know) they were. How else could the Sun guarantee an 'exclusive'. It was hardly by dint of their own investigation.

I can guess what's been driving this all along.

Edited by Yellow Fever

It's classic deflection tactics, dead cat bounce call it what you will. The purpose is to control the narrative and deflect attention from other stories and once again stir up division and polarise opinion. The findings of Leveson have never been legislated which is why these stories lack scrutiny and often lack sufficient robust challenge and the companies behind them are not held to account.

16 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Conclusion: everyone's lying.

Next!

Except that from what we can see at the moment I really can't criticise the actions of the BBC.

40 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Still more questions than answers.

Thats why its best to await clarity before making a judgement.

Very interesting that the Sun have been much more circumspect in their latest claims. The Carter Ruck letter has had an effect but the Sun is continuing  to tread a very thin line.

The right wing press are still masters of distraction. This and the Farage banking crisis for example are complete bogus stories that take up the news agenda for days on end but peter out when people realise they are bollox. Maybe we should just ignore tham?

When does the next Private Eye hit the shelves? It will be interesting to read now that their old friends Carter Ruck are involved. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

When does the next Private Eye hit the shelves? It will be interesting to read now that their old friends Carter Ruck are involved. 

If any institution deserves public funding, it’s Private Eye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

. Maybe we should just ignore tham?

Probably, but where's the fun in that? This is a celebrity scandal mystery with a mid point plot twist. We love this stuff.

Like the farage non story it's also an opportunity for people to indulge their fantasies of taking down their personal boogeyman.

We should probably ignore it,   but we won't. We can't.

2 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

Probably, but where's the fun in that? This is a celebrity scandal mystery with a mid point plot twist. We love this stuff.

Like the farage non story it's also an opportunity for people to indulge their fantasies of taking down their personal boogeyman.

We should probably ignore it,   but we won't. We can't.

Pointing out Farage was lying when he was clearly lying is not people indulging in their fantasies, ffs. 

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

35k ok bud?

He's worth more than that and I want my 10% on top. Here's one the Beeb took of KG last time they went to Cornwall 

Screenshot_20230711_105806_Chrome.jpg.cbc63bfbf530628d95fdc79d5365f1f3.jpg

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He's worth more than that and I want my 10% on top. Here's one the Beeb took of KG last time they went to Cornwall 

Screenshot_20230711_105806_Chrome.jpg.cbc63bfbf530628d95fdc79d5365f1f3.jpg

My Lawyers will be speaking to yours about copyright infringement Dylan

• Haha 1