Sign in to follow this  
canarybubbles

I'm missing Pukki

There's been a lot of talk on here recently about Farke, but personally I miss Pukki far more. I don't think he was failing because he was too old or he had lost most of his sharpness; I think he lost interest once Smith was appointed (nor was he alone, Aarons and several others seemed to go downhill rapidly at around the same time). And so I think he could have done a job for at least one or two more seasons, especially in the Champs.

I miss his name on the team-sheet. I just have to hope for new heroes, I suppose. But Barnes and Sargent and Idah? Time will tell, and maybe I'm wrong. 

• Confused 1

Unfortunately we just have to move forward and hope team dispays improve.  Good luck Teemi in America

21 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

There's been a lot of talk on here recently about Farke, but personally I miss Pukki far more. I don't think he was failing because he was too old or he had lost most of his sharpness; I think he lost interest once Smith was appointed (nor was he alone, Aarons and several others seemed to go downhill rapidly at around the same time). And so I think he could have done a job for at least one or two more seasons, especially in the Champs.

I miss his name on the team-sheet. I just have to hope for new heroes, I suppose. But Barnes and Sargent and Idah? Time will tell, and maybe I'm wrong. 

Maybe you’re wrong about what? 

People need to accept the fact his legs had totally gone to play this level, that's no criticism of him just happens, in fact it's more a criticism to suggest his professionalism was so bad he just gave up.

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

People need to accept the fact his legs had totally gone to play this level, that's no criticism of him just happens, in fact it's more a criticism to suggest his professionalism was so bad he just gave up.

They hadn't. We were playing a system that was clearly awful for him last year and he still hit double figures.

He could have had Billy Sharp style longevity in a system that worked for his game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

Barnes and Sargent and Idah replacing Pukki.

2/3 doing alright today albeit against Lynn 

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

They hadn't. We were playing a system that was clearly awful for him last year and he still hit double figures.

He could have had Billy Sharp style longevity in a system that worked for his game. 

They really had, just look at him in that Blackpool game, when he couldn't have tried harder. It was sad to watch

There's a reason he's gone to Minnesota and not a higher standard. 

Always love Pukki, but he was done.

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

That maybe, however I'm sure that he'll be sucessful over here in the MLS. I'll make sure to drop in an see Minnesota when they play the LA Galaxy. He even has his "Emi Buendia" in place in that team apparently. 

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

They really had, just look at him in that Blackpool game, when he couldn't have tried harder. It was sad to watch

There's a reason he's gone to Minnesota and not a higher standard. 

Always love Pukki, but he was done.

In the Blackpool game he was sprinting around like a headless chicken trying to do everything to sign off with a goal. He wasn't playing his own natural game and the team weren't playing any discernible style.

I have no doubts that he could have gotten a 'better' club but Minnesota was a choice based on a lot more than just football.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I mean do you actually watch games live?! He had most of his pace still but the delivery to him was abysmal 

17 minutes ago, skittles said:

I mean do you actually watch games live?! He had most of his pace still but the delivery to him was abysmal 

Clearly more than you do if you still think he had his pace

9 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

See Pukki made his debut last night. Coming in as sub after 56 mins. Lost 1-4 .

20 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Clearly more than you do if you still think he had his pace

I still think his heart had gone more than his body. He admitted he didn't enjoy last season and I very much doubt that he enjoyed the one before. Smith did for him, as he did for Aarons, and almost the entire squad went backwards under his management. You have a lazy, couldn't-care-less manager, and you have lazy, couldn't-care-less players.

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

I still think his heart had gone more than his body. He admitted he didn't enjoy last season and I very much doubt that he enjoyed the one before. Smith did for him, as he did for Aarons, and almost the entire squad went backwards under his management. You have a lazy, couldn't-care-less manager, and you have lazy, couldn't-care-less players.

I’d agree.

He seemed to lose his enthusiasm pretty much straightaway after Buendia left. You could see the frustration by the number of times  he’d argue with the referee which he rarely did when playing alongside Buendia.

Good luck to him at his new club. He did Norwich proud.

On 08/07/2023 at 14:55, canarybubbles said:

Tbh I moved on a while ago. It's not like he set the world alight in his final season with us 

I think he'll do fine when they start him. They would have been 3-0 up with a decent striker before they conceded. 

5 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Yeah I don't disagree with that, but people thinking he hadn't lost a yard or so of pace are just deluding themselves. 

Nothing lasts forever. Daniel, Webber or even Mickey and Delia. Strangely it will be the last pair mentioned to put City fans into mourning for a fortnight.