cambridgeshire canary

*Semi official friendly match thread Linnets V Canaries*

Oh ****. I saw a goal. Not our 5th, but an own goal as Gibson (?) lobbed Krul totally inexplicably. Jesus ****ing Christ.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

These first two games are hardly worth charging for and technical issues make it worse.

They should have made them free, sorted out the technical side and charged 20 pounds for the remaining five decent encounters.

Huge dollop of hindsight there! 

Make it free - and the number watching massively increases, so they no have no idea if there are issues or not when a 'normal' coverage is provided.  

Couple of no b heads having a chat earlier on today on the official Facebook page saying, oh yeah should be a good game, usually quite close…looking a bit silly now 

Just now, kick it off said:

Oh ****. I saw a goal. Not our 5th, but an own goal as Gibson (?) lobbed Krul totally inexplicably. Jesus ****ing Christ.

Given he fell on his **** and gave the ball away in the box for no reason a few minutes back why am I not surprised?

Just now, canarybubbles said:

I missed their goal. Was it Keystone Cops?

It was utterly bizarre. Lobbed Krul with a header for literally no reason at all. Think Ivan Toney might have had a trip down William Hill and then had a word with him pre-match.

Just now, Gordon Bennett said:

Duffy according to Lynn Twitter.

Not that it matters, rustiness. Get it out of the way before the serious stuff etc. 

Indeed. Much rather he score an own goal during pre season than against the binners..

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Indeed. Much rather he score an own goal during pre season than against the binners..

Funny how your far less critical of Duffy doing it then you were when you thought it was Gibbo 

• Like 4

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Funny how your far less critical of Duffy doing it then you were when you thought it was Gibbo 

Because he thinks it’s the popular opinion 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Making some excuse about it being too warm...  That shouldn't affect it at all.

27 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Fcuk me, typing when that went in.

Can you type more when the season starts please KGD! especially when we need a goal or two. 

Just be wary of RSI! 

Those who found it within them to slag off barnes need to give him some credit today 

imagine writing off a player in a friendly in his first match…superb stuff 

Just now, Greavsy said:

Can you type more when the season starts please KGD! especially when we need a goal or two. 

Just be wary of RSI! 

Wakners Cholic in my youth.

Will type War and Peace if it gives us a win.

Just now, Haus said:

Making some excuse about it being too warm...  That shouldn't affect it at all.

Equipment overheating is absolutely a possible cause for the issues they're having.

I had a webcam which used to switch off when it got too warm. The problem was bad wire which once replaced fixed everything.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Wakners Cholic in my youth.

Will type War and Peace if it gives us a win.

Id nominate you for fan of the season, but not sure how the presentation speech would go! 

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Equipment overheating is absolutely a possible cause for the issues they're having.

I had a webcam which used to switch off when it got too warm. The problem was bad wire which once replaced fixed everything.

Yeah but this is a professional broadcast.  I worked network support for broadcasts including the grand national for several years.  Teams in Thailand have streams that function properly and it hits 40c there.

They used the same excuse last year and have done nothing to remedy it

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

King's Lynn are utter ****e.

Almost as ****e as whoever is operating this stream…what a shambles score just gone back to 6 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Id nominate you for fan of the season, but not sure how the presentation speech would go! 

It wouldn't be woke

Just now, Yobocop said:

Almost as ****e as whoever is operating this stream…what a shambles score just gone back to 6 

VAR being late again? 

Just now, Haus said:

Yeah but this is a professional broadcast.  I worked network support for broadcasts including the grand national for several years.  Teams in Thailand have streams that function properly and it hits 40c there.

They used the same excuse last year and have done nothing to remedy it

This is not a professional broadcast though, clearly.

I think the stream for this fixture had the exact same problem last year. It was also very hot that day.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

It wouldn't be woke

Id expect no less from you! With respect.