Sign in to follow this  
Commonsense

Ipswich away match pick

Logged in at 9.02...put in a queue. When the site opened was placed in a 20 min queue. Managed to get one but fastest finger on the button isnt the fairest way to go about the sale of tickets for this game

• Like 1

Read on twitter that only 50% of the tickets are available for 'match pick' so there should be another chunk available for the higher tier groups nearer the time.

• Like 1

Yes I think this is correct.  Ipswich should have been excluded from the match pick and sold to those in priority order.  

What a shambles those who never go to a game get priority over the ever presents what a shambles of a club we have become 

The ticketing links were closed until just after 9:30 so not sure how people were getting in a queue?  My son clicked the link until it was open and had about 10min wait, managed to get both Binner games.  

8 minutes ago, Ren said:

Yes I think this is correct.  Ipswich should have been excluded from the match pick and sold to those in priority order.  

Why should it?  This is a preagreed system, with priority for members who have a match pick. Clearly some will miss out, but it seems as fair/unfair as any system. It is unfair on those who don’t usually get a chance to go to certain games if they are always bagged by the usual suspects.  At the end of the day it is only a football match. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The ticketing links were closed until just after 9:30 so not sure how people were getting in a queue?  My son clicked the link until it was open and had about 10min wait, managed to get both Binner games.  

It was closed but it said that once opened you would be placed in a queue, I stayed on the page, it refreshed and I was straight in and got my tickets @ 09:31.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why should it?  This is a preagreed system, some will always miss out.  It is unfair on those who don’t usually get a chance to go to certain games if they are always bagged by the usual suspects.  At the end of the day it is only a football match. 

"only a football match", so much so that you paid the membership fee and logged in at 9.30 to ensure you got a ticket.  

• Haha 1

So where is the Match Pick going to those with no Ipswich ticket? i.e. what other game are you choosing.

Edited by KiwiScot

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why should it?  This is a preagreed system, some will always miss out.  It is unfair on those who don’t usually get a chance to go to certain games if they are always bagged by the usual suspects.  At the end of the day it is only a football match. 

I agree, also the people moaning, saying loyal fans are screwed over clearly isn't the case as 50% of the tickets are held back so if you are one of the "loyal" fans (ever presents) you should be fine as you will get first pick of the remaining 50%. 

Edited by wheres my rebate gone?

1 minute ago, Ren said:

"only a football match", so much so that you paid the membership fee and logged in at 9.30 to ensure you got a ticket.  

No I didn’t. I never said that - I’m a s/t holder but get no matchpick for away games - which feels a bit odd but it is what it is. It is only a game of football, if I can’t go I can’t go.

Just now, KiwiScot said:

So where is the Match Pick going to those with no Ipswich ticket?

Most away ends in the championship are big enough that you wont need a match pick. 

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why should it?  This is a preagreed system, with priority for members who have a match pick. Clearly some will always miss out, but it seems ans fair/unfair as any system. It is unfair on those who don’t usually get a chance to go to certain games if they are always bagged by the usual suspects.  At the end of the day it is only a football match. 

What ever the system chosen, there’s always going to be winners and losers in certain situations.

Personally, I’ve always been of the opinion that the match pick proposal was always a bit of a sop, following the previous version and typically unnecessary, especially in the Championship, with the exception of Ipswich game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

No I didn’t. I never said that - I’m a s/t holder but get no matchpick for away games - which feels a bit odd but it is what it is. It is only a game of football, if I can’t go I can’t go.

I stand corrected, although your son did I note. 

3 minutes ago, Ren said:

Most away ends in the championship are big enough that you wont need a match pick. 

Yeah I've not bothered getting an away membership since relegation as you can usually get a ticket for 75% of games on general sale. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ren said:

I stand corrected, although your son did I note. 

Yes - he has never been able to get a s/t so is a member.  It’s just one of the benefits, he seems to qualify for both home and away matchpicks. He didn’t expect to get a binner ticket and was all set to select Leeds. 

It is what it is - no system is infallible, as GMF says there’s always going to be winners and losers when tickets are limited.  The system we have is a bit odd (no benefit to s/t holders unless they buy a further membership) but that’s just one of those things.  I’ve been so more games at Poorman Rd over the years than I care to remember (and we always seemed to lose).

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes - he has never been able to get a s/t so is a member.  It’s just one of the benefits, he seems to qualify for both home and away matchpicks. He didn’t expect to get a binner ticket and was all set to select Leeds. 

It is what it is - no system is infallible, as GMF says there’s always going to be winners and losers when tickets are limited.  The system we have is a bit odd (no benefit to s/t holders unless they buy a further membership) but that’s just one of those things.  I’ve been so more games at Poorman Rd over the years than I care to remember (and we always seemed to lose).

Yes I agree with most of your points.  I think the old way was the better way, but the current system on the whole works. 

Must admit that I have been lucky and have seen us win at least five times at portman road, including the 1-5!  

Careful unless you have guaranteed transport.  Until train strike situation settled there will be problems.

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Sold out online. Keeps saying not enough tickets available.

I misread the last word in your thread title.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why is it odd? A season ticket is for home games. If you want match pick for away games you join as an away member.

1 hour ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

I agree, also the people moaning, saying loyal fans are screwed over clearly isn't the case as 50% of the tickets are held back so if you are one of the "loyal" fans (ever presents) you should be fine as you will get first pick of the remaining 50%. 

This is good news for some of us and I’ve seen it mentioned online. As far as I’m aware it has never been officially communicated to us by the club.

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Why is it odd? A season ticket is for home games. If you want match pick for away games you join as an away member.

If you have to pay £500+ for the season ticket but a further chunk to get the privilege of one matchpick, that does feel a little odd. If you don’t think so that’s your opinion, but differs from many.

19 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

If you have to pay £500+ for the season ticket but a further chunk to get the privilege of one matchpick, that does feel a little odd. If you don’t think so that’s your opinion, but differs from many.

The £500+ is for a guaranteed seat to HOME matches. Nothing to do with away ones. 

Rightly or wrongly, the club has to maximise its revenue streams how ever it can, so prices for the right to an away match pick is a different argument, but having a HOME season ticket doesn't give you that privilege irrespective of its cost. 

Its like moaning when you buy a suit it doesnt come with a free shirt - everyone knows you need a shirt to go with a suit, type thing.  

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

The £500+ is for a guaranteed seat to HOME matches. Nothing to do with away ones. 

Rightly or wrongly, the club has to maximise its revenue streams how ever it can, so prices for the right to an away match pick is a different argument, but having a HOME season ticket doesn't give you that privilege irrespective of its cost. 

Its like moaning when you buy a suit it doesnt come with a free shirt - everyone knows you need a shirt to go with a suit, type thing.  

You seem to be misunderstanding me - I am not moaning at all and have already stated I wouldn’t use it, so don’t really care on my own behalf, but it just feels odd. Getting priority for away games via a membership is fine, but it appears this priority comes with all memberships. All I’m saying is that It is odd that s/t holders aren’t considered de facto members in any way.  That’s all.

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why should it?  This is a preagreed system, with priority for members who have a match pick. Clearly some will miss out, but it seems as fair/unfair as any system. It is unfair on those who don’t usually get a chance to go to certain games if they are always bagged by the usual suspects.  At the end of the day it is only a football match. 

It is not a preagreed system.

This is a club-mandated system that puts commercial income above fan-loyalty (the earlier points-based scheme was put together by a fans' group and had far fewer problems than Kensall's botch)

"The usual suspects" will be the ones supporting the team at far-off grounds, and at inconvenient times, and (often) whether the team are performing well or poorly. There are no logical reasons why these fans should not have priority for in-demand matches.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ren said:

True. This year it’s only really Ipswich where it might be difficult to get a ticket.

Had Luton, Brentford and possibly Bournemouth been in our League this season the £25 the club stiff you wouldn’t be such poor value.

27 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You seem to be misunderstanding me - I am not moaning at all and have already stated I wouldn’t use it, so don’t really care on my own behalf, but it just feels odd. Getting priority for away games via a membership is fine, but it appears this priority comes with all memberships. All I’m saying is that It is odd that s/t holders aren’t considered de facto members in any way.  That’s all.

In Fairness  Waveney is one hell of a Member.