Feedthewolf

The Lion & Castle: opening 21st July

15 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Drums, flags, ultras, atmosphere, energy...

But knowing your history?

Words fail me.

image1.thumb.jpeg.b2fed2ee7cf34c7d2ee14303aaf7679f.jpeg

What, they got a date muddled  - daft, but not really a hanging offence. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

February 9 1980 is the date of Fashanu's goal. 

Accuracy is a good thing, not an optional extra.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

February 9 1980 is the date of Fashanu's goal. 

Accuracy is a good thing, not an optional extra.

I’ll remember that next time I spot you making a mistake.

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’ll remember that next time I spot you making a mistake.

The next time I'm creating something that will be seen by thousands of people, that is meant to highlight my love of an organisation and is seen to be showing that organisation in its best light, please do so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

The next time I'm creating something that will be seen by thousands of people, that is meant to highlight my love of an organisation and is seen to be showing that organisation in its best light, please do so.

It’s a painting on a wall. It really doesn’t have to become yet another stick to beat the club with. Point it out and I’m sure it’ll be changed if it upsets you.

Edited by Branston Pickle

I didn't mention the club, but I'm guessing detail isn't your forte.

If the banner at the River End said "6 foot 4, eyes of blue, Duncan Forbes is after you" would you criticise anyone that pointed it out?

If the Friendship Trophy was engraved "Presented by Robert Chase...." would you shrug your shoulders and say "No-one is perfect"?

If the Milk Cup was engraved "1985 Norwich United" would that be OK with you?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

If the banner at the River End said "6 foot 4, eyes of blue, Duncan Forbes is after you" would you criticise anyone that pointed it out?

If the Friendship Trophy was engraved "Presented by Robert Chase...." would you shrug your shoulders and say "No-one is perfect"?

Er, whatever.  Mistakes are always getting made and corrected, I don’t consider it that a big deal - but being picky seems to be your forte, that much is patently clear. As I said, point it out to the club and I’m sure they will amend it, otherwise you’re merely moaning for the sake of it.

10 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

But you know he wasn't 6 foot 2?

Edited by nutty nigel
😊🙃💛⚽💚

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

But you know he wasn't 6 foot 2?

Presumably Christmas is fun in NNC’s household if everything has to be factually correct.

It’s an honest mistake, as I said, not a hanging offence - and one I’m sure they’ll correct.

21 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Er, whatever.  Mistakes are always getting made and corrected, I don’t consider it that a big deal - but being picky seems to be your forte, that much is patently clear. As I said, point it out to the club and I’m sure they will amend it, otherwise you’re merely moaning for the sake of it.

Just because 'you' are not bothered doesn't make it OK.

Being accurate - and respecting history - is really nothing to be ashamed of.

22 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Just because 'you' are not bothered doesn't make it OK.

Being accurate - and respecting history - is really nothing to be ashamed of.

Nor does ‘you’ being bothered make it a huge issue.  People make mistakes. It is not being disrespectful in any way, shape or form. Obviously if you’re quoting a date it makes sense for it to be correct, but it isn’t a hanging offence. If you’re bothered about it let the club know.

Call me a Philistine if you must, but to be honest, I’m far more interested in people’s opinions of the ‘pub’ and what beer it had, than a mistake someone made in a wall painting. 

16 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Nor does ‘you’ being bothered make it a huge issue.  People make mistakes. It is not being disrespectful in any way, shape or form. Obviously if you’re quoting a date it makes sense for it to be correct, but it isn’t a hanging offence. If you’re bothered about it let the club know.

Call me a Philistine if you must, but to be honest, I’m far more interested in people’s opinions of the ‘pub’ and what beer it had, than a mistake someone made in a wall painting.  If you’re being uber picky the pitch markings aren’t quite right either…

To be fair, I think your real interest is in being argumentative. 

- claps hands emoji -

Did anyone on here attend? It looks very nice from the pictures and I will definitely go before the games but Would be good to know if it serves a selection of good beers and spirits (Gin mainly as the old bar didn’t)? 

7 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s a painting on a wall. It really doesn’t have to become yet another stick to beat the club with. Point it out and I’m sure it’ll be changed if it upsets you.

But he's right, how that got signed off is unbelievable,  it may only be a small thing but its a really stupid thing to have got wrong. I suggest they spend the weekend putting it right 

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Presumably Christmas is fun in NNC’s household if everything has to be factually correct.

It’s an honest mistake, as I said, not a hanging offence - and one I’m sure they’ll correct.

Honest mistake or not it shouldn’t happen in this situation. It’s a piece of art intended to remain there for many years not a typo on a keyboard.

I know it’s 43 years ago and the artist probably wasn’t even born. To be fair it must have been the club that gave him/her the duff info so it’s really down to them. It’s not the artist’s responsibility.

It’s slapdash. Another good example is a photo in the Murderers pub of the Norwich wartime blitz. It’s shows the wrong date. May be trifling to some but maybe not so much for the relatives of those who died over those two nights.

I wonder if those that couldn’t care less would be so forgiving if the stonemason mis-spelt their late loved one’s name on their headstone. Maybe not.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NewNestCarrow said:

To be fair, I think your real interest is in being argumentative. 

- claps hands emoji -

Really?  Why is it that you’re the one moaning?  I’m saying yes it’s wrong, but **** happens. It’s a mistake, it can/will be corrected.  I just don’t think it’s that big a deal.  Likening it to what could be a hugely significant event is just weird.  But yes, people do make mistakes on things like wedding invites, gravestones etc.all the time, and they correct them.

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Call me a Philistine if you must, but to be honest, I’m far more interested in people’s opinions of the ‘pub’ and what beer it had, than a mistake someone made in a wall painting. 

People make typos, grammatical or factual errors on a football forum, particularly when typing quickly, but whoever made this has had weeks to prepare something that is to be seen by thousands of people. It also must have been seen and approved by several people. I wouldn't have the known the exact date as it was before I was born, but it's incredibly sloppy to not research something like this properly and get it wrong.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Really?  Why is it that you’re the one moaning?  I’m saying yes it’s wrong, but **** happens. It’s a mistake, it can/will be corrected.  I just don’t think it’s that big a deal.  Likening it to what could be a hugely significant event is just weird.  But yes, people do make mistakes on things like wedding invites, gravestones etc.all the time, and they correct them.

All this nonsense on a lovely Sunday, people should have bigger fish to fry. 

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

All this nonsense on a lovely Sunday, people should have bigger fish to fry. 

Quite.  It’s Monday, I’m off to work.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Date aside, the rainbow following the trajectory of the ball is a really nice touch.

Was there a pot of gold under it to buy a new forward? 

10 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

😂😂😂😂 they c0cked the date up lol!

absolute state of the middle management at this club. Useless!

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m far more interested in what the ‘pub’ was like, but it seems either no one was there or nobody cares.

The place is really nice, the house lager was a winner.

They had a dreadful band on and it was dead by half 6. More staff than customers.

On 23/06/2023 at 19:29, The Real Buh said:

I’m really, really not a negative person.

but I just have to say it.

I really can’t wait to see how badly the club c0ck this up 😂

I was right again! Just wait until it opens, mark my words lol!!!

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I was right again! Just wait until it opens, mark my words lol!!!

What - a wall decoration saying March instead of February?  I’d bet my life savings (40p) you’d not have even known had it not been mentioned!