59 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

There is a conflict of interest already though if indeed Webber is going to Leeds. We are direct rivals for next season. He is spending the summer assembling our squad for that campaign. There is a clear conflict of interest.

That said and in fairness, our transfer business so far this summer does not appear to have been effected. It remains to be seen whether any further deals in the pipeline but not concluded are. For example what if this Motherwell kid suddenly ends up at Leeds with them having offered a better package to gazump us which obviously they could do financially.  Is our SD really focusing on transfers to Norwich if he is negotiating a move for himself to Leeds? 

I think this is a bit of a stretch to be honest.

It is fairly common place for senior executives to work long notice periods, even if they may be going to competitors. I'd be very surprised if he's still here past September whether or not he's going to Leeds but I doubt any transfer strategy and targets he'd want for Norwich would automatically be who he'd want for Leeds. 

Looks, with Forsyth and Fellows as two youngsters, that we'll have five transfers in by mid-June since the end of the season. Hardly slacking, really.

If anything, it looks like a big final shove from my perspective.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think this is a bit of a stretch to be honest.

It is fairly common place for senior executives to work long notice periods, even if they may be going to competitors. I'd be very surprised if he's still here past September whether or not he's going to Leeds but I doubt any transfer strategy and targets he'd want for Norwich would automatically be who he'd want for Leeds. 

Also, Webber has spoken about wanting to leave a “legacy” at Norwich. Whether or not the supporters believe he’s done that, he’ll know future employers will want to see that he doesn’t leave a mess behind when he leaves.

19 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Looks, with Forsyth and Fellows as two youngsters, that we'll have five transfers in by mid-June since the end of the season. Hardly slacking, really.

If anything, it looks like a big final shove from my perspective.

I think even if @Jim Smith finds some way to concern himself that Webber wants to screw us before he leaves, has been lying about his huge respect for the owners and staff, and somehow the signings we're interested in he assumes will fit Leeds requirements....

You've still got the fact he's good friends with Wagner and got him on board. I'm sure he'll want to leave Wagner in the best possible position - even if we make up and pretend that he's spiteful and want's to ruin it for fans or something.

I also don't think we make so may early signings and work to get them over the line ASAP for pre-season if we believe that Webber suddenly doesn't care.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Also, Webber has spoken about wanting to leave a “legacy” at Norwich. Whether or not the supporters believe he’s done that, he’ll know future employers will want to see that he doesn’t leave a mess behind when he leaves.

What I would say is I've definitely worked with people who said they were going to keep working 100% for their notice period but have ended up clearly checking out the longer it's gone on. It can be difficult to stay fully motivated from a very human level if you know you're not in longer term even with the best of intentions. 

27 minutes ago, king canary said:

What I would say is I've definitely worked with people who said they were going to keep working 100% for their notice period but have ended up clearly checking out the longer it's gone on. It can be difficult to stay fully motivated from a very human level if you know you're not in longer term even with the best of intentions. 

I don’t disagree, but I’m guessing you/they weren’t working in a highly public role like sporting director?

If we made either no signings, or a load of extremely poor ones which impacted on our subsequent performance after Webber left, it would have negative implications for his reputation. But we have already seen that in reality we’ve made an encouraging mixture of tactical buys for the next season, and more long-term promising youngsters. We even appear to have won in the race for a highly regarded young player ahead of several competitors. Part of the reason for that has to be perception of our club that has formed over the last few years under Stuart Webber.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bringbackchippy said:

Sad to see him go, fans need to take a long hard look at themselves!

I can't see how it is the fans fault, unless you think that his hostile behaviour and abuse was acceptable? 

If he does end up at Leeds, he won't last five minutes unless he changes his attitude. He behaved like he did because he was allowed to get away with it from fans and Smith & Jones. Never again. 

Edited by komakino
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bringbackchippy said:

Sad to see him go, fans need to take a long hard look at themselves!

Have a serious word with yourself please. The ego is moving on and maybe the club will be a happier and successful  place . I'll leave you with a smiling Stu 😃.  Screenshot_20220423-134438_Chrome.jpg.ec1f55967454794d8ef6616e3179559a.jpg

Leeds fans wont tolerate his antics, thats for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

It took Webber a long time to understand that Norwich is a city with a village mentality.

Norwich is still a city though mate. Ipswich will always be a town. :  D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Norwich is still a city though mate. Ipswich will always be a town. :  D 

Nothing wrong with the city. Blame the UEA and the brainwashed lefty types it produces.

• Haha 1

Complaining about "brainwashed lefties" strikes me as a pretty good example of projection.

• Like 1

The big thing for me is that despite Webber serving a notice period we no longer have anyone in a senior position at the club who is committed and keeping an eye on any sort of long-term vision.

Webber is on the way out and has already made clear that his legacy will be the infrastructure improvements, I view a lot of the first team transfers so far as him doing Wagner a favour, forgoing our usual practices in order to give him a squad to succeed right now. It's usually the role of the SD to ensure that both the short and long term is being balanced nicely.

Wagner on the other hand I'm sure would say he'd love to be here in a few years time but as a manager that is contingent on the results he produces. As a result his focus will always be on the short term instead of sowing the seeds just for someone else to come in and reap the rewards.