Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Imagine being paid a hundred million a year

It's utterly insane. They've got an unlimited pot of funds, it's like using a cheat code on a football manager game.

Good plan. I'll add a Saudi team to the list of teams to manage. Buy Norwich players from them at silly prices and then city will have a decent transfer budget!

Aw, come on Stuart, here's a proven defensive midfielder we could have got!! 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Money really has ruined football hasnt it? Then again I don't think Kante is complaning..

You think that’s insane Elon Musk last year made 636 million a day! A day! 

Edited by By Hook or Ian crook

The Saudis have just bought Golf, Two faced McIlroy and all. Do they really think their involvement in sport makes them popular and clean?

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

The Saudis have just bought Golf, Two faced McIlroy and all. Do they really think their involvement in sport makes them popular and clean?

Why is McIlroy two faced?

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Why is McIlroy two faced?

Because he now can earn even more money like the LIV players and still play Ryder Cup etc. He rubbished them not so long ago. Now he says it will help the game. What? By making them even richer?

Edited by keelansgrandad

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Because he now can earn even more money like the LIV players and still play Ryder Cup etc. He rubbished them not so long ago. Now he says it will help the game. What? By making them even richer?

He literally had no choice regarding this merger, none of the players did. He also said today he still hates LIV and doesn't want them involved. What other option does he have, retire from golf altogether?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

He cant cash that out though, its all on paper.... no one would buy Twitter off him , for  instance. Ethics would be clucking like an egg bound hen if he thought he could get on Musks coat tails. 

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I read a book called Daemon, by Daniel Suarez, which introduced an idea that everybody had AR goggles that displayed everybody's real-time asset value in the headset. Kind of crazy to think that you can be simply talking to someone and their net worth can be fluctuating during the conversation you're having and they're not doing anything.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Of all the players to pay £100m a season, why Kante? He was without doubt one of the best defensive midfielders in the world at his peak, but he has never been an entertainer who puts bums on seats. He's generally the one who does the dirty work for the flair players, so it seems a strange one to offer him such a contract.

• Like 1

On 07/06/2023 at 19:37, littleyellowbirdie said:

I read a book called Daemon, by Daniel Suarez, which introduced an idea that everybody had AR goggles that displayed everybody's real-time asset value in the headset. Kind of crazy to think that you can be simply talking to someone and their net worth can be fluctuating during the conversation you're having and they're not doing anything.

Everyone’s personal assets fluctuates on a daily basis. A majority of money is no longer back by physical assets after we moved to a system called fractional reserve banking. As such no bank actually has the amount of assets compared to the cash they have loaned out as the £ used to be secured against its value in gold now it’s valued based on the strength of the economy. As such the £ rises and falls with the stock market. That’s partly one of the reasons we are in the mess we are in now with inflation making everyone’s money worth less one day that it did the day before.  

for example inflation this year so far is sitting at around 11% I received a 4% wage rise so I’m 7% worse off now than I was last year. Where I only received a 2% pay rise with 7% inflation making me 5% poorer than I was before. In fact I’ve been slowly worse off each year due to inflation for the last 15 years. Since I started driving the price of petrol has gone up 400% roughly. If I wanted to maintain the amount of free money from my wages I had back then to now with inflation taken into account I’d need to earn 108k a year which is throughly unattainable in my line of work. Crazy really. 

• Like 1

On 07/06/2023 at 21:09, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Of all the players to pay £100m a season, why Kante? He was without doubt one of the best defensive midfielders in the world at his peak, but he has never been an entertainer who puts bums on seats. He's generally the one who does the dirty work for the flair players, so it seems a strange one to offer him such a contract.

Probs won’t stop there and he’s not on as much as Ronaldo and Benzema but he’s a free agent, Muslim and willing to go so that probably all helps.

Does make me wonder if they’re just going for free agents or if the mental transfer fees will start rolling in soon too…

On 07/06/2023 at 21:09, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Be careful mentioning entertainer and  footballer in the same sentence on here.

There are people who think entertainment and professional sport are mutually exclusive….😉

On 07/06/2023 at 21:05, TheDarkKnight said:

It's not just ruining sports. It's ruining life.

1% of the world's population owns almost 50% of the world's wealth.

And those people who demonstrate and try to do something about it get ostracised and made out to be wackos. How many years before 50% becomes 75%?

• Like 1