Sign in to follow this  
Naturalcynic

Wages and performance.

image.thumb.jpeg.6cad52f4e44366aaf2cdea68c0cde4f9.jpeg

Apologies if this has been uploaded before, but honestly what a poor season that was.  I trust that those in positions of power are asking themselves how and why they let this happen.

I thought Burnley won the league at a canter. This table had them further behind where they finished than we are.

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I thought Burnley won the league at a canter. This table had them further behind where they finished than we are.

You know, when you pretend to be stupid, you're still being stupid.

24 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Apologies if this has been uploaded before, but honestly what a poor season that was.  I trust that those in positions of power are asking themselves how and why they let this happen.

Completely and utterly embarrassing. It's like playing Monopoly but getting to start with houses on all greens but being beaten by someone who started with a ten pound note and nothing else.

Still, I'm sure the person responsible for this utter cluster**** is being held to account.

• Haha 2

Just now, canarydan23 said:

You know, when you pretend to be stupid, you're still being stupid.

You know if something's stupid it's still stupid even if you like how it reads...

13 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Apologies if this has been uploaded before, but honestly what a poor season that was.

Season was ****, but the fact that we're not firing a load of staff is very much a positive I feel.

Think Webber mentioned that we provide jobs for around 300 people, Personally, I'm pleased that we do provide livelihoods for many in such pressing times. 

Can we trust these figures? If true, not good value and poor leadership. Just looking foward to the start of the season. 

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You know if something's stupid it's still stupid even if you like how it reads...

The only thing you find stupid about the OP is that it doesn't align with your deeply entrenched viewpoint.

By any rational, objective assessment it highlights what an abject failure this season has been. By several metrics, one of the most disappointing in all the years I've been going.

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Completely and utterly embarrassing. It's like playing Monopoly but getting to start with houses on all greens but being beaten by someone who started with a ten pound note and nothing else.

Still, I'm sure the person responsible for this utter cluster**** is being held to account.

At least Coventry or Luton won’t have Webber recruiting players for the top table. 

Just now, canarydan23 said:

The only thing you find stupid about the OP is that it doesn't align with your deeply entrenched viewpoint.

By any rational, objective assessment it highlights what an abject failure this season has been. By several metrics, one of the most disappointing in all the years I've been going.

You're another one who wants to decide my viewpoint and then argue against that.

It's like the disappointment of finishing where we did isn't enough for you.

That table is bonkers. 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

You're another one who wants to decide my viewpoint and then argue against that.

It's like the disappointment of finishing where we did isn't enough for you.

That table is bonkers. 

I'd decided that your viewpoint was that the table is bonkers.

That's what I'm arguing against.

I'm right about your viewpoint, and I'm right about arguing against it. It's a good representation of how successful a club has been relative to their available resources. Yes, there is context that can be added, but no one is actually arguing that Burnley didn't win the league.

It suggests something you don't agree with so you dismiss it as "bonkers". It patently isn't, but your fundamentalism doesn't let you view it as anything else.

13 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Season was ****, but the fact that we're not firing a load of staff is very much a positive I feel.

Think Webber mentioned that we provide jobs for around 300 people, Personally, I'm pleased that we do provide livelihoods for many in such pressing times. 

Even if the people in those posts arent performing well enough in their roles?

We're not a charity

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I'd decided that your viewpoint was that the table is bonkers.

That's what I'm arguing against.

I'm right about your viewpoint, and I'm right about arguing against it. It's a good representation of how successful a club has been relative to their available resources. Yes, there is context that can be added, but no one is actually arguing that Burnley didn't win the league.

It suggests something you don't agree with so you dismiss it as "bonkers". It patently isn't, but your fundamentalism doesn't let you view it as anything else.

It's bonkers because the Burnley are as far below there finishing position than we are ours. 

Anyway, I'm all for this league table. Especially in the PL. Any idea where Man City will finish?

It’s alright Webber took responsibility and it will definitely (maybe) not happen again…again.

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's bonkers because the Burnley are as far below there finishing position than we are ours. 

Anyway, I'm all for this league table. Especially in the PL. Any idea where Man City will finish?

Anyone make sense of this please? 

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yeah, I'd love to see it too. It would pour a bit of cold water on the claim that Guardiola is some sort of genius. You can't knock him too much, but the idea that he's some sort of messiah is difficult to reconcile with the fact that in all his seasons as a manager in tables like this he would have finish with a difference of between +1 and -2. I'd like to see him take over a club not expected to win their league and turn them into champions before I take seriously the idea that he's above the likes of Ferguson and Wenger in the EPL's best ever stakes.

The finishing positions are essentially irrelevant. The Difference column is the telling one. And it is telling, even if someone people are putting their fingers in their ears to avoid hearing what it's telling them.

Generally it costs more to finish in the the top two. Hence why if it's a season where less funded clubs finish higher like this season, you'll see teams like us lower down. Not just damning on us but if true, us, Watford, Stoke and Hull etc. 

31 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Yeah, I'd love to see it too. It would pour a bit of cold water on the claim that Guardiola is some sort of genius. You can't knock him too much, but the idea that he's some sort of messiah is difficult to reconcile with the fact that in all his seasons as a manager in tables like this he would have finish with a difference of between +1 and -2. I'd like to see him take over a club not expected to win their league and turn them into champions before I take seriously the idea that he's above the likes of Ferguson and Wenger in the EPL's best ever stakes.

The finishing positions are essentially irrelevant. The Difference column is the telling one. And it is telling, even if someone people are putting their fingers in their ears to avoid hearing what it's telling them.

Glad you managed to understand my point Dan.

The difference column is only telling if the data is correct. I have no idea where this table comes from or how they worked out our wages spend.

Makes for grim reading!

No defending such poor performance is there? We’re very much happy to play the victim and hide behind our inferior finances at the premier league level, not sure what our excuse is now? Simply have to do much much better next season. 

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

No defending such poor performance is there?

Apparently there is.

It does make the whole, "Look at how much more money Brentford and Brighton have than us, how can we possibly compete" schtick a little bit more cringeworthy than it was at the time.

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Even if the people in those posts arent performing well enough in their roles?

We're not a charity

No ****, that's why we employ people, look up how a business runs.  It isn't 20 players, a few coaches and a sporting director.

Pleased that we retain staff and employ people in the region, we need more companies that invest in people.

9 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Makes for grim reading!

No defending such poor performance is there? We’re very much happy to play the victim and hide behind our inferior finances at the premier league level, not sure what our excuse is now? Simply have to do much much better next season. 

Parachute payments rule, but not for much longer. 

54 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

No ****, that's why we employ people, look up how a business runs.  It isn't 20 players, a few coaches and a sporting director.

Pleased that we retain staff and employ people in the region, we need more companies that invest in people.

Investing in people who perform wouldn’t be a bad idea.

14 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Investing in people who perform wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Not sure Elton John would be much help, but one of your better suggestions.  Well done.

4 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

4 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

Not exactly rocket science is it my friend? 

two premier league season and over inflated squad, the outs have already accounted for a large portion of this im sure