essex canary

The Fall of the Old Lady

Not a reference to an octogenarian cook but to Juventus.

An article with that Title quotes an ex-Chairnan as follows:

'There has been continuous chasing of revenues when what they should have been doing was limiting the disproportionate and senseless costs.'

Would any ex NCFC Chairman offer another old lady the same advice?

Just now, essex canary said:

Not a reference to an octogenarian cook but to Juventus.

An article with that Title quotes an ex-Chairnan as follows:

'There has been continuous chasing of revenues when what they should have been doing was limiting the disproportionate and senseless costs.'

Would any ex NCFC Chairman offer another old lady the same advice?

Seriously?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Seriously?

Embarrassing, isn't it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Embarrassing, isn't it?

Evidently not.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Embarrassing, isn't it?

Really. I must assume that there are some people on here who if their old partners were to max out on their credit cards to buy a heap of junk they would just say 'well done dear.'

Edited by essex canary

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Really. I must assume that there are some people on here who if their old partners were to max out on their credit cards to buy a heap of junk they would just say 'well done dear.'

And yet more ridiculous, strained analogies. You really are a sad individual.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Really, i must assume that Essex canary  occasionally thinks about something other than money. What an incredibly  sad individual.  Does he he even have a partner....some tolerance needed on their part to be with this insufferable boor/ bore.... unless of course they are shallow and money obsessed like him.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

sad individual

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

sad individual

Same conclusion Wolfo!!

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Really, i must assume that Essex canary  occasionally thinks about something other than money. 

It's what makes the world go round. Ask ABBA or Pink Floyd.

Link to the article?

I've tried to google it and all I'm getting is articles about old women falling over and waiting hours for ambulances.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Link to the article?

I've tried to google it and all I'm getting is articles about old women falling over and waiting hours for ambulances.

Scratch that, found it, although it doesn't have that title. I'm not sure there is much comparison between our costs and Juves considering they've made losses of over 600m euros in the last 5 years...

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Scratch that, found it, although it doesn't have that title. I'm not sure there is much comparison between our costs and Juves considering they've made losses of over 600m euros in the last 5 years...

Doesn't matter, clutching at any old straw, no matter how irrelevant  it is, is the modus operandi  of a sad( probably lonely) money obsessed  fool of a man.

From successful television cook and cookery book sales giant, to being involved in a football club at the highest level and becoming a national treasure, sofa personality and lifestyle guru.

Blimey, even the very first question I ever got when playing in my pub quiz team asked me to name the cook who had taken over a football club. Taken aback this newbie answered "Mrs. Smith," but got the two points in any case.

Our Dels has achieved far more than any of us and deserves our love and respect. What a thoroughly capable person.

Some might say however that, in recent years, she has become a sheet-anchor on that football club's progress.

Not me though. I remain in awe and were she ever to take the next logical step and appear on "I'm a Celebrity ..." and if I ever watched it, that is, I would certainly vote for her.

Edited by BroadstairsR

13 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You clearly missed the message behind the songs. Some things, unlike money , should not be taken at face value. More carp from the carpmaster. 

• Like 1

Are we annoyed at the frivolous waste of money or the fact we don't spend enough now? I lose track 

It's a clumsy analogy for sure and Delia Smith has been very successful and is, having met her on numerous occasions a very nice individual. She & her husband deserve lots of credit for stepping in, in the clubs hour of need. They have had great success and some set backs whilst in charge of our club but it's been mainly a very enjoyable ride.

I feel, though, that we are no longer going forward and it's time for fresh ideas and an input of new blood at the top of our club. 

However, as owners that is purely down to whether they want that to happen. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, king canary said:

Juve's Turnover is more than 600 million a year. Ours in a Championship vein is £34 million at the last take in 2019 with cumulative losses of £22 million over 5 years so in proportionate terms there are some similarities.

35 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You clearly missed the message behind the songs. Some things, unlike money , should not be taken at face value. More carp from the carpmaster. 

Really! You may find the Pink Floyd's drummer has bought a Football Team or at least his advisers have - Bolton Wanderers.

12 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Really! You may find the Pink Floyd's drummer has bought a Football Team or at least his advisers have - Bolton Wanderers.

So what? You constantly confuse money with life.  You obviously have one of these ( though  clearly not enough for you) .....and clearly lack the other, so get one.

Off for a swim n gym now with friends....look that word up.  

Edited by wcorkcanary

Count your blessings not your money.

Don't count other folks blessings or their money.

You will find joy and peace.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Count your blessings not your money.

Don't count other folks blessings or their money.

You will find joy and peace.

Wise words Nuttyo... though it'll be like a crucifix  and holy water to Ethics.

It burns!! It burns!! 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Juve's Turnover is more than 600 million a year. Ours in a Championship vein is £34 million at the last take in 2019 with cumulative losses of £22 million over 5 years so in proportionate terms there are some similarities.

No there aren't.

Have you actually read the article you are quoting from?

Juventus's issue was they thought they never needed to cut costs as they could keep growing revenue. Hence paying absurd sums for Ronaldo. They convinced themselves that they could recoup the cost by the extra revenue it would drive. Then, when the pandemic hit, they were ****ed as revenue fell off a cliff. Hence them being a leading driver behind Super League plans- it was something that would allow them to continue increasing revenue. It has all ended with criminal fraud charges as their financial issues led to them cooking the books in terms of player values. 

In comparison, we're actually very good at keeping costs controlled and having plans in place to cut them when needs be, rather than just chasing revenue growth. Hence why we actually rode out the pandemic pretty well in comparison to similar sized clubs. In fact, if you wanted to level any criticism at the owners of the club it would be the opposite of those at Juve- we've maybe not done enough to grow revenue streams (stadium expansion anyone?).

Edited by king canary
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

It's very apt that he's using a song from Cabaret.

That's what he provides.

I love Essex so much, and hope to never meet him as in my mind he is perfect.

In regards to the question posed, is the answer Ghostbusters 2? 

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I love Essex so much, and hope to never meet him as in my mind he is perfect.

In regards to the question posed, is the answer Ghostbusters 2? 

I thought the answer was 42! 

The real point about Juventus is that it has a well-documented history of match-fixing and financial illegality. Whereas arguably S&J have held Norwich City back by playing by the rules.

But at least if Essex is now focusing on this topic he might stop taking the Attanasio thread off piste through his solipsistic obsession with the value of his shares. At least I think that is what he is on about, but I long ago lost the will to try to understand the posts.

• Like 2

* Googles solipsistic *

Not a word I think I'll try using after a couple of beers .. solipiss ... solyslis ... slipperplimsole?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Why? They're two of the most overrated bands in history

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Or Des’ree