Sign in to follow this  
Harry53

Luton Deserve A Shot At The PL

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

I hope Luton get promoted just so that poor old Derby's record low haul of points can be broken. A decent Champs team because of their organisation and workrate but they'll struggle to win a game in the EPL and they have no one who can change a game. If Carlton Morris is their star man.......

Of course that’s with their current squad, clearly they will invest 

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I hope Luton get promoted just so that poor old Derby's record low haul of points can be broken. A decent Champs team because of their organisation and workrate but they'll struggle to win a game in the EPL and they have no one who can change a game. If Carlton Morris is their star man.......

So they will do worse than us then. Don't count on it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

So they will do worse than us then. Don't count on it.

Yawn!

Same stick different day. 

They were superb last night - looked like scoring from every corner.

Nakamba truly lived up to his first name in midfield, exactly the type of player we're missing

Just the matter of a play-off final for Rootin' tootin' shootin' Lootin'....if they don't make the big Prem they should still be awfully proud of their achievements over their last few seasons....

• Thanks 1

They are the new Top 26 club, having been in the playoffs last two seasons.  As a top 30 team I am jealous of the team, tactics and management of even a team of smaller stature than Little old Norwich.  Do they want a Sporting Director ? Seem to have done quite well without one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pete said:

They are the new Top 26 club, having been in the playoffs last two seasons.  As a top 30 team I am jealous of the team, tactics and management of even a team of smaller stature than Little old Norwich.  Do they want a Sporting Director ? Seem to have done quite well without one.

Big Mick Harford is a sorta SD for Lootin'....

I watched the game last night. Unfortunately.

Words fail me. Well almost. Luton were abysmal. I doubt they strung two passes together all night. It was a tangle of arms, legs, teeth, hair ... they were well organised , but showed as much footballing ability as league 1 club at best. Second goal was good, excellent cross & bags of commitment for the header. That was it.

If you think that's good to watch, want to see that at Carrow Road, then you're welcome, but include me out. 

Please understand I would love Norwich to demonstrate the same level of desire, athleticism & organisation as Luton. But I WANT TO WATCH FOOTBALL & that wasn't it. 

Also if anybody thinks that a team with that skill set would succeed in the PL ... well I just think they're deluded.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, ron obvious said:

I watched the game last night. Unfortunately.

Words fail me. Well almost. Luton were abysmal. I doubt they strung two passes together all night. It was a tangle of arms, legs, teeth, hair ... they were well organised , but showed as much footballing ability as league 1 club at best. Second goal was good, excellent cross & bags of commitment for the header. That was it.

If you think that's good to watch, want to see that at Carrow Road, then you're welcome, but include me out. 

Please understand I would love Norwich to demonstrate the same level of desire, athleticism & organisation as Luton. But I WANT TO WATCH FOOTBALL & that wasn't it. 

Also if anybody thinks that a team with that skill set would succeed in the PL ... well I just think they're deluded.

Not for me mate, was a superb performance 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Not for me mate, was a superb performance 

Performance of what? It certainly wasn't football. As a neutral I'd rather watch Sunderland based on that performance.

3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Performance of what? It certainly wasn't football. As a neutral I'd rather watch Sunderland based on that performance.

That match last night was a far better watch than the Coventry v Boro match so far. 

• Like 2

Luton v Coventry is the play-off final for the football romantics. Both nearly out of business. In league two around the same time not too long ago. Luton have fought back from non-league. Wouldn’t begrudge either of them promotion. But would love to see Mark Robins do it. We should have done what it took to get him in rather than Wagner on a free. Tight ar5e owners. 

11 minutes ago, S_81 said:

We should have done what it took to get him in rather than Wagner on a free. Tight ar5e owners. 

For balance, Wagner walked over Robins team 4-2 at their place when we he had a fit squad to play.

9 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Like many a club before them, Norwich included, Luton's bubble will burst and they will revert back to their natural place in the pecking order. Only if your owners are able to pump oil out from the ground can you go from L1 to Champions League winners inside 25 years.

20 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

For balance, Wagner walked over Robins team 4-2 at their place when we he had a fit squad to play.

One game, Robins and Coventry didn't lose against anyone other playoff side.

It could've been us. I'm certain Robins would have bailed for us, but we've a moron making the big decisions. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

One game, Robins and Coventry didn't lose against anyone other playoff side.

Again, for balance, They also didn't have 4 first team players out injured, including both CBs during the run-in.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Again, for balance, They also didn't have 4 first team players out injured, including both CBs during the run-in.

Oh give it up man, we’ve hired a dud. And our CBs are duds too. We need better on both counts. Sadly no sign of it 

24 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It could've been us. I'm certain Robins would have bailed for us, but we've a moron making the big decisions. 

This 

Edited by S_81

22 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I owe you an apology...

Several months ago I laughed at you for suggesting Robins could do a job for us -- I was wrong, because it certainly looks like the latter would've got a better tune out of our current squad than both Smith & Wagner.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Oh give it up man, we’ve hired a dud.

Just giving balance that's all, if he's cocking up with the players at his disposal next season then a dud we can call him. 

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Just giving balance that's all, if he's cocking up with the players at his disposal next season then a dud we can call him. 

I hope to eat my words but he’s a dud already in my view. 1 win in 11. Shocking. 

31 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Google Callum O'Hare. Many Cov fans will tell you he's their best player. Been linked with Prem teams (and us once, if I recall correctly).

Been injured since December.

They were also missing McFadzean at centre back in their most recent game v us. 

Everyone has had to deal with injuries. They are not the reason we've been so ****ing dreadful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

I hope to eat my words but he’s a dud already in my view. 1 win in 11. Shocking. 

Again, for balance, his first 11 (before injuries):

image.png.ba30d8aaf12a0c4c9d815dc316c67fe2.png

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Everyone has had to deal with injuries. They are not the reason we've been so ****ing dreadful.

They are due to the sheer number we've had out at once, and in key positions.  Pukki being off the boil was something Wagner inherited, not created.

Just saying judge him on next season when he a set of players to use, and not a broken squad.  If people can't do that, then it's a shame.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Although “for balance” they do have a paper thin squad, their best midfielder, Callum O’Hare out for most of the season, and his back up Kasey Palmer also out for last three months. Their wage bill is a small % of ours, so Coventry have massively over performed, whereas we have done the complete opposite.

10 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Big Mick Harford is a sorta SD for Lootin'....

I'll bet Big Mick doesn't get players banging on his office door demanding a new contract or refusing to play for the club again very often ...

8 hours ago, Davidlingfield said:

Although “for balance” they do have a paper thin squad, their best midfielder, Callum O’Hare out for most of the season

The suggestion that Wagner is a dud due to 1 win in 11 is what I was balancing against, as it's in such stark contrast of our form when we had a fitter squad to pick from.  Cutting his managerial record in half to show a negative bias has to be balanced by referencing the other half and highlighting the mitigating factors between both periods....  That's if people are interested in seeking a balanced view, of course.

The squad at the start of the season had Rowe, Hayden, Cantwell, Gibson, Hanley, McLean and Dowell as part of it's makeup.  We finished with none of those available.

Wagner inherited an already depleted squad with Rowe Out, Hayden Out, Cantwell pretty much gone, yet still turned the tide around, only to be hit with the loss of 4 key players which left us light, unbalanced and inexperienced.

That's all without mentioning that Robins has been at Coventry for 6 years, Wagner hasn't even been here 6 months.  You'd hope that Coventry would be better oiled in that time.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Barham Blitz said:

I'll bet Big Mick doesn't get players banging on his office door demanding a new contract or refusing to play for the club again very often ...

I bet they don't.... Don't mess with Hard man Harford....

Congrats to both Luton and Cov, demonstrating what can be done with a long term plan, strong scouting & recruitment plans, faith in managers and a succession plan which delivers smooth transitions when needed. And the value of effective coaching of systems, organisation, fitness and team spirit into changing squads.  That's a list of attributes that was missing this season.

The transition to prem will be hard, but with planning and resisting the demand for instant success they can grow.

Personally, i want Luton to win, I still bear a Coventry grudge (i know) for relegating us with the collusion of Everton after the final day of the season.  having everton and cov in the champs may remove that grudge for me, but it seems the toffees may yet survive....