Next season - poll

Next season poll  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Next season

• Webber & Wagner both leave
    • Webber leave, Wagner stay
    • Wagner leave, Webber stay
    • Both stay

^^^^Pick what you hope will happen before the season starts. Not what you think will happen^^^^

Edited by S_81

Clean slate badly needed. Get rid of both. Lose this fascination with needing a DOF anyway and employ a manager that's allowed to make player signing decisions themselves.

2 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Do you mean before next season or during next season?

Before. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cowboy said:

Is this hope or expect?

Hope 

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

One out of 28 wants Webber to stay. 

Hi Zoe!

Must be Stu or Zoe. Or someone can’t read

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

At least 1 binner voting 

Good point 

More important than any of these variables is that the takeover gets completed. If Webber is instrumental in getting that over the line then I have no problem with him staying until it's done. Definitely feels like it's time for a fresh approach, though; we need the fans back on side, and that's clearly not going to happen under Webber.

As for Wagner, I think he at least deserves pre-season to get some new players to work with, and then get them into the kind of shape he wants them in. It took Farke a full year to implement the football he wanted to play, so I think Wagner is at least worth the start of next season. However, I wouldn't consider it a grave mistake if we decided to roll the dice.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 2

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

More important than any of these variables is that the takeover gets completed. If Webber is instrumental in getting that over the line then I have no problem with him staying until it's done. Definitely feels like it's time for a fresh approach, though; we need the fans back on side, and that's clearly not going to happen under Webber.

As for Wagner, I think he at least deserves pre-season to get some  new players to work with, and then get them into the kind of shape he wants them in. It took Farke a full year to implement the football he wanted to play, so I think Wagner is at least worth the start of next season. However, I wouldn't consider it a grave mistake if we decided to roll the dice.

That takeover isn’t happening in the next year IMO. We can’t afford for Webber and Wagner to stay that long. Plus we’d likely lose the potential investment if the club ends up in League One. 

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

As for Wagner, I think he at least deserves pre-season to get some  new players to work with, and then get them into the kind of shape he wants them in. It took Farke a full year to implement the football he wanted to play, so I think Wagner is at least worth the start of next season. However, I wouldn't consider it a grave mistake if we decided to roll the dice.

And Wagner should be sacked. One win in 11. No home goals in 5. Losing to a relegated team with the worst defence in the league. There is no case at all for Wagner to be given any longer

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

That takeover isn’t happening in the next year IMO. We can’t afford for Webber and Wagner to stay that long. Plus we’d likely lose the potential investment if the club ends up in League One. 

What's that based on? We're not going down to League One next season, even if Wagner and Webber both stay. No chance.

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

And Wagner should be sacked. One win in 11. No home goals in 5. Losing to a relegated team with the worst defence in the league. There is no case at all for Wagner to be given any longer

Well there is a case, because I made it in my previous post. You can disagree with it if you want, but there's definitely a case for it. Playing front-foot high-press football doesn't happen overnight, and I think the fitness levels of the players he inherited from Deano were way off.

But I can totally see the case for the prosecution too, which is why I wouldn't be too disappointed if he were sacked.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

What's that based on? We're not going down to League One next season, even if Wagner and Webber both stay. No chance.

Well there is a case, because I made it in my previous post. You can disagree with it if you want, but there's definitely a case for it. Playing front-foot high-press football doesn't happen overnight, and I think the fitness levels of the players he inherited from Deano were way off.

But I can totally see the case for the prosecution too, which is why I wouldn't be too disappointed if he were sacked.

What’s it based on? We’ve won 1 game in the last 11. Thats relegation form in any season. Yet alone next season, when the league will be tougher. 

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think you’ll find that this is a troll, only ever seems to post negative Webber/Wagner stuff

9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Why won’t be in a relegation battle next season? There is absolutely no cohesion in this club at all

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, S_81 said:

What’s it based on? We’ve won 1 game in the last 11. Thats relegation form in any season. Yet alone next season, when the league will be tougher. 

Well yeah, obviously I can't argue with that, and I can totally understand that a lot of fans would rather we got rid. Recent form has been awful.

But I still think he inherited a squad that was miles off in terms of fitness levels, and as such he found it really hard to get them playing the style of high-press, high-intensity football he wanted to. He's probably run them into the ground and they're knackered. I still think that with a few new players and a full pre-season, Wagner could be a decent fit.

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think you’ll find that this is a troll, only ever seems to post negative Webber/Wagner stuff

What’s positive to post about the pair of them? What a deluded tw&t you are. 

Just now, S_81 said:

What’s positive to post about the pair of them? What a deluded tw&t you are. 

Well isn’t that charming.

Perhaps read other people’s opinions and it might enlighten you.

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Why won’t be in a relegation battle next season? There is absolutely no cohesion in this club at all

Because I think we will win more than enough games to not be in a relegation battle, because we will have good enough players and management to do so. Not suggesting I think we'll be going up, but we'd have to totally lose the plot to be anywhere near relegation.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Well isn’t that charming.

Perhaps read other people’s opinions and it might enlighten you.

You’re a condescending muppet so you deserve no charm. I’ve read plenty of your posts and when it comes to me you repeatedly call me a troll for posting that Webber, and Wagner, should leave our club. A somewhat fair reflection on the situation. 

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Because I think we will win more than enough games to not be in a relegation battle, because we will have good enough players and management to do so. Not suggesting I think we'll be going up, but we'd have to totally lose the plot to be anywhere near relegation.

The last 11 games are telling me we have lost the plot. We are skint and will have to sell our best players to replace with cheaper versions. It’s looking grim and I really hope I am wrong

Normally I'd say the manager needs a pre-season and a chance to build his own team, but in all honesty I think he needs to go now.

I'm not in anyway defending Dean Smith, but would the run in have been any worse under him, more toxic with the fans obviously, but performance wise?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

But on current form we will exactly be in a relegation battle. Only Reading had a worse final ten games. And they went down.