How about breaking the bank to get James Milner in for a season or two? I appreciate he’s old but he’s very versatile as he can play anywhere in midfield (preferably DM) and either full back. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

How about breaking the bank to get James Milner in for a season or two? I appreciate he’s old but he’s very versatile as he can play anywhere in midfield (preferably DM) and either full back. 

Player coach? Replacement for Wagner? Remember in the day when we had them!

He'd certainly be someone who would demand effort.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

I'll have a pint of what you're drinking please. I'd reckon he'll end up at Burnley

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Player coach? Replacement for Wagner? Remember in the day when we had them!

He'd certainly be someone who would demand effort.

And leadership. 

Klopp wants him to play another year and then start coaching the youngsters so I can't see him going anywhere else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jersey Canary said:

Bank is already broken.

• Like 2

On the plus side.

Milner has more footballing ability, more ambition (even at his age) and more desire to win a football match than everybody in our current squad.

Edited by Making Plans

Parma thinks he's just the sort of player we need to recruit. I can see his reasoning, but unsure the gamble would be worth it (every signing is a gamble, it's always a risk/reward decision). Certainly someone with his character traits would be ideal.

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's going to be a ****ing long summer if this the quality of thread we're having to put up with.

This  is  above average.