Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

W &W knew Sarge was out till jan 

and let’s face it January is not Guaranteed 

anything could happen second op needed , breaks down again 

we had money from sales ,

why would you not sign the very best you could ?

We should have had a plan striker ? if we do not sell Andy o 

if we do sell Andy o we have more money so we can move targets to more expensive  player

Seems to me that they wanted the money from sales but didn’t want to pay transfer fees out 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I was surprised it took until the last embers of the window to secure Hwang, when he was "our top target" the entire window.

Having never played for Forest, and they have so many players, it wasn't like they needed replacements in first, so why wait so long, especially when we'd got our other transfers in so early. 

He wasn't a target the entire window was he? The injury to Sargent occurred six days prior to Hwang being signed.

We did the majority of our business early in the window. It just seems like you're making **** up to be able to moan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The question is, why? I don’t think I’ve seen a reason for forest buying him then immediately loaning him out.. he’s not a young player so makes no sense! 

Not fair to judge, but he did play some pre-season games for them so they’ve seen some of him. 

He came in that 25 player scramble they had after promotion. There's several players in there who have had similar- Panzo, Bowler, and Hwang all have 1 appearance for Forest between them, all now on loan in Championship. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

He came in that 25 player scramble they had after promotion. There's several players in there who have had similar- Panzo, Bowler, and Hwang all have 1 appearance for Forest between them, all now on loan in Championship. 

Now now, don't start talking sense, the natives don't like that 😂

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Unfortunately I can see the same thing happening to Andy O

4 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

He wasn't a target the entire window was he? The injury to Sargent occurred six days prior to Hwang being signed.

We did the majority of our business early in the window. It just seems like you're making **** up to be able to moan.

Yellow. I misread the quote, but Hwang was quoted as becoming our top target of the window once they'd decided a replacement was needed to replace Sarg.I have no idea at what point this decision was made

You misunderstood my comment about the transfer being done at the last embers of the window, because I assumed Forest had plenty of players, and having not played for Forest Hwang was unlikely to be in their plans. However apparently they wouldn't release him until they'd secured Origi, which led to releasing Hwang so late.

We all know we did the majority of our business early in the window, so I wasn't making **** up to be able to moan. 

8 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The question is, why? I don’t think I’ve seen a reason for forest buying him then immediately loaning him out.. he’s not a young player so makes no sense! 

Not fair to judge, but he did play some pre-season games for them so they’ve seen some of him. 

He was bought and then loaned to Olympiacos on the same day, and as you say, he wasn't a young prospect. He was 30 at the time. 

However, he wasn't the only player that Forest bought and then immediately loaned to Olympiacos that summer. They've also loaned two more to Olympiacos this summer, although those two admittedly were signed last season. 

Forest and Olympiacos are owned by the same person. It's seemingly an easy way to get players into the Olympiacos squad using Forest's Premier League millions as an FFP bypass.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Unfortunately I can see the same thing happening to Andy O

It’s a bad move for him IMO. If Forest think he’s going to walk into their side and improve them immediately for EPL football then they’re in for a surprise. He still needs coaching and developing.

I’ve never really seen what all the fuss is about tbh. I don’t think he’s as good as Godfrey was when we moved him on. And look how his career has stalled. 

If we’ve got a deal worth £20 million, it’s an absolute top deal for us.

19 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

It’s a bad move for him IMO. If Forest think he’s going to walk into their side and improve them immediately for EPL football then they’re in for a surprise. He still needs coaching and developing.

I’ve never really seen what all the fuss is about tbh. I don’t think he’s as good as Godfrey was when we moved him on. And look how his career has stalled. 

I think he's a good player but I'm concerned about how mentally tough he is. When the team's form dipped under Smith last season he seemed to really struggle and then he fell apart when he was expected to be the senior partner in a duo after Hanley and Gibson got injured. I do wonder if the short spell as captain was designed to try and push him more to be a leader.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

I think he's a good player but I'm concerned about how mentally tough he is. When the team's form dipped under Smith last season he seemed to really struggle and then he fell apart when he was expected to be the senior partner in a duo after Hanley and Gibson got injured. I do wonder if the short spell as captain was designed to try and push him more to be a leader.

My biggest concern if I was Forest is his temperament.

On more than one occasion in the past when there has been a potential flare up he was one of the first in there and it was not to calm things down. He has also had individual confrontations with opponents. That will stop him being a top player because opponents will get to know how to wind him up.

On 03/09/2023 at 19:57, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Much as I hate saying it I thought at the time that Jamal Lewis move to Newcastle was much too soon and much too big and tough of a move for him and now look at him

I do fear similar may happen with Andrew at Forest

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

49 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Back down to 3 centre halves again with letting Tomkinson out on loan...unless Warner is viewed as a viable option

Madness

I read that story and honest-to-god shook my head. We are doomed to repeat mistakes if we don't learn from them!

• Like 1

On 03/09/2023 at 19:57, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I don't think we'll see much more than the initial £11m