Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

11 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Nick Ma****er saying there could be something in Webber to Leeds...

I think if there's a degree of truth in Leeds being interested I think he'd see it as an ideal time to move on.

Edited by jaberry2

10 minutes ago, tricky974 said:

We don't know if we have a CDM lined up yet and are waiting for player sales to finance the deal.

I'd imagine this is at least somewhat true.

There aren't many interesting looking DM's on a free right now so I'd imagine they'd be using funds from any Aarons/Omobamidele/Rashica sales to partially go towards this position.

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

@cambridgeshire canary

The Webber links seem important enough for a thread in its own right don't you think? 😉

TBF, Stuart Webber getting a haircut is probably important enough for Cambridgeshire to start a separate thread. 😘

• Haha 1

Geez, the news is flying thick and fast today.

1. Posted in the Stuart Webber thread the interview with John Percy of the telegraph says Roma are after Max Aarons and we are chasing Newcastle's Ryan Fraser on loan.

2. When the news about Narcis Pelach came out, it also said we were wanting to appoint Paul Clements, their goalkeeper coach. He was said to have turned us down to stay at Huddersfield. He has today left Huddersfield.

3. Also leaving Huddersfield today is Leigh Bromby, their Sporting Director. Coincidence?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Geez, the news is flying thick and fast today.

1. Posted in the Stuart Webber thread the interview with John Percy of the telegraph says Roma are after Max Aarons and we are chasing Newcastle's Ryan Fraser on loan.

2. When the news about Narcis Pelach came out, it also said we were wanting to appoint Paul Clements, their goalkeeper coach. He was said to have turned us down to stay at Huddersfield. He has today left Huddersfield.

3. Also leaving Huddersfield today is Leigh Bromby, their Sporting Director. Coincidence?

I think this is too in line with one another to think they will be switching up from Huddersfield to us. I wonder whether the moves have been sanctioned already, in respect of Leigh Bromby and Paul Clements.

Ryan Fraser would be an interesting addition to the squad. Needs regular playing time.

Why aren't we Huddersfield!? Dont worry, we soon will be 😉

Edited by jaberry2
  • Haha 1

I can't take any more. I think I'll take a diazepam and have a lie down for an hour.

(I'll possibly dream that we've signed Harry Kane, but wake up to the news that Jordan Hugill is returning.)

• Haha 1

A CDM is absolute necessity,  just be good however not a pretender like Hofmann or Hayden.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So, Ryan Fraser on loan may soon happen it seems..

Have you seen something else about it? All I've seen is a single line in the Telegraph article saying we're chasing him. 

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

And on that note, Connor Southwell pops up with confirmation of our interest in Fraser...

Have you ever seen me and Southwell in the same room at the same time?

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The restraining order he has out on you makes it difficult, I hear 😉

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Only in the toilets together..

4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

TBF, Stuart Webber getting a haircut is probably important enough for Cambridgeshire to start a separate thread. 😘

Not true, thinking about having a coffee for breakfast would be enough for two threads at the very least.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well Southwell is young and you are...... ?

Former NCFC highlight commentator and often pundit Stuart "Hodgey the Hack" Hodge saying we have signed a lad from Bromley for the U23s;

And formerly of this Parish Bethnal Y&G has seen him play and rates him.

...which is probably who Chris Reeve hinted at in this tweet earlier....

This also supports the article found by Shefcanary.

6 hours ago, shefcanary said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/agreement-reached-as-norwich-city-close-in-on-deal-for-midfielder/

I vaguely remember seeing this discussed as a possibility.Does this source add any weight to it being a goer?

• Like 1

On 13/06/2023 at 13:40, jaberry2 said:

Only in the toilets together..

I have questions...

HOW DID YOU FIND THIS OUT? 😉

The latest article from Connor Southwell is really worth a read. 

I've no clue if these things are behind pay walls, so I'll post the highlights, but it is well worth a read if you can. Again, I've said time and time again I think if you have a subscription to PinkUn+ and the Athletic then you're very well covered for NCFC news, although I appreciate times are tough at the minute for most. 

1. 5 to 7 signings wanted BEFORE additional outgoings. Webber said 80% to be done before they go away (which we knew) on 11th July (which we didn't know). Meaning just 27 days to do quite a lot of business! 
  2. We have improved our offer to Max Johnston. He is said to be impressed by the signings so far and the pathway offered to him to play first team football here. The improved package has put us back in the running for him, albeit with alot of competition.
  3. Interest confirmed for both Ince and Fraser. We moved for Fraser last year only for us to be unable to come to an agreement with Newcastle. It could be with the further deterioration of his relationship with Howe and a desire to move back south a compromise may be found.
  4. Also mentions links to Sainz and Ogbene; but doesn't formally confirm interest. 
  5. Likely youth purchases to be made too. Gabby Forsyth is mentioned. 
  6. Sheffield Utd have made tentative enquiries for Omobamodiele. Foreign interest "persists". Says "unlikely" he'll be a Norwich player come the end of the window.
  7. Aarons also on the way. Confirmed interest from Roma, Mourinho a fan from his time at Spurs. 
  8. Likely changes in direction due to the approval of the work permit rule changes allowing a limited number of players to be brought in who do not qualify through the points based system. European Lower Leagues might be back on the menu, boys! 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

28 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Worth a bid for any players being released by Newcastle? They are having quite the clear out. 

The hunt for that extra wide-man is beginning to be highly interesting.

I'm now inclined to favour Toon's Ryan Fraser. He'll be the riskiest, for sure, but he can be a class act on his day. Although a loan, there seems little chance of him returning to Newcastle for the long-term so if it works out for him at Carrow Road he could be a snip.

Do I see similarities with the Huckerby situation here? Two highly talented footballers with 'character' who had lost their way, for one reason or another, coming to the club as an initial loan, but turning into a club legend? A nice vision to have in any case.

I've never fancied Ince, Ogbene is interesting and the prospect of beating the binners to any signature has appeal.

Sainz stirs excitement, probably due to the Buendia experience.

I any case, I am secretly hoping that Webber has a surprise young prospect from South America lined up (there was a young striker mentioned some time ago) as I don't think that particular operation is anywhere near its completion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Former NCFC highlight commentator and often pundit Stuart "Hodgey the Hack" Hodge saying we have signed a lad from Bromley for the U23s;

And formerly of this Parish Bethnal Y&G has seen him play and rates him.

Had a quick look, he's won the supporter's player of the year award at Bromley.

Kellen Fisher (@Kellen11Fisher) / Twitter

Looks like he's won a publication's non-league player of the year award too. He's not put anything on his Twitter about signing for us yet though, but that's still a youngster well worth taking a look at even if he doesn't quite make the grade.

Kellen Fisher (@Kellen11Fisher) / Twitter

Things are really hotting up now, this is getting quite exciting. Thanks @Terminally Yellow for the overview.

Ryan Fraser is reported to be on £70k per week at Newcastle according to the Chronicle, but we'd only need to pay a percentage of those wages to get him. Even if we paid £30k, over the course of the season that'd equate to roughly £1.2m, which is good value for a player of his calibre. Would be surprised if we signed both Ince and Fraser; more likely one or the other, then a younger player such as Sainz or 'in his prime' player such as Ogbene (who is 26).

Kellen Fisher is an interesting one; if he does well in the U23s he might be able to deputise for Jack Stacey, thus allowing Mumba to play further forward if there's any appetite to do that. Forsyth I know little about, but it's good to see that we're still pursuing the template of finding young diamonds in the rough.

Max Johnston I think is highly unlikely. He himself has said he wants to play at "the highest level possible", and said there has been interest from the Premier League, Bundesliga and Serie A. If he chooses Norwich ahead of any of those options, we've pulled off a masterstroke.

Still waiting for the defensive midfielder...

Edited by Feedthewolf

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Things are really hotting up now, this is getting quite exciting. Thanks @Terminally Yellow for the overview.

Ryan Fraser is reported to be on £70k per week at Newcastle according to the Chronicle, but we'd only need to pay a percentage of those wages to get him. Even if we paid £30k, over the course of the season that'd equate to roughly £1.2m, which is good value for a player of his calibre. Would be surprised if we signed both Ince and Fraser; more likely one or the other, then a younger player such as Sainz or 'in his prime' player such as Ogbene (who is 26).

Kellen Fisher is an interesting one; if he does well in the U23s he might be able to deputise for Jack Stacey, thus allowing Mumba to play further forward if there's any appetite to do that. Forsyth I know little about, but it's good to see that we're still pursuing the template of finding young diamonds in the rough.

Max Johnston I think is highly unlikely. He himself has said he wants to play at "the highest level possible", and said there has been interest from the Premier League, Bundesliga and Serie A. If he chooses Norwich ahead of any of those options, we've pulled off a masterstroke.

Still waiting for the defensive midfielder...

I wasn't keen on signing Ince and I'm even less keen on Fraser- at least Wagner has worked with Ince so knows how to get the best out of him. I do agree it's unlikely we sign both though.

Re Johnston- he's been very plain about wanting first team football which could help us if he decides to stay in the UK. I'm not sure many Premier League clubs will be putting him straight in to the first team.

• Like 1