8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Not really relevant right now when in theory could be 6th tomorrow.

Quite - some people are a bit desperate to post negative stuff.  By all means after we’ve played, and if we lose, but we haven’t even kicked a ball in this round of matches yet!

• Like 1

It's all about points on the board, Millwall winning tonight would've been a big problem - I'd say it wasn't a bad night despite how crap it looks right now.

Curious as to how our players react seeing that table tonight though, Will it push them into performing, or will it add additional pressure as this is last chance saloon territory now(?).

They could just be on the PlayStation, of course. :classic_cool:

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nice one Hoggy. 👍 now thats what I call positivity.  Imagine  imagine if that's the way it is after  the games. 💯 % positive threads surely , or is that asking for too much. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Nice one Hoggy. 👍 now thats what I call positivity.  Imagine  imagine if that's the way it is after  the games. 💯 % positive threads surely , or is that asking for too much. 

We can all have a right good moan when the seasons over can't we?! 🙂

Let's not complain about being 11th in the table before we've played our games, all a bit silly.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, hogesar said:

This ^^^ 

We could stay 11th, or we could be 6th. Chances are we'll be somewhere in between, but in 24 hours we could be exactly where we need to be, so it is too early to be declaring it's been a terrible season. It's been a roller coaster alright - and it feels as if there have been more downs than ups - but it isn't over until it's over.

Don't forget Blackburn have a game in hand

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This ^^^ 

We could stay 11th, or we could be 6th. Chances are we'll be somewhere in between, but in 24 hours we could be exactly where we need to be, so it is too early to be declaring it's been a terrible season. It's been a roller coaster alright - and it feels as if there have been more downs than ups - but it isn't over until it's over.

It’s over. We don’t have the goals or the defence to win the remaining games. 

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's been a roller coaster alright

Not sure we've had the highs to even consider it to be a bit of a rollercoaster.

This season has been more like sitting in one of those gunge booths for me, with differing durations between someone dumping **** all over me.  If we're now going up on the roller coaster, however... Belt me in baby!!!!

4 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Not sure we've had the highs to even consider it to be a bit of a rollercoaster.

This season has been more like sitting in one of those gunge booths for me, with differing durations between someone dumping **** all over me.  If we're now going up on the roller coaster, however... Belt me in baby!!!!

We were top of the league 

Unbeaten in 9 - mid-October.

Hard to remember I know.

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Its points on the board that matter! 🙃

So why did you back the theoretical fact we *could* be 6th? My point is that we won’t be 6th with same games played. Look harder- we are 11th having already played the same number of games as all but one team above us. If we do go 6th then all others have a game in hand over us. 

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So why did you back the theoretical fact we *could* be 6th? My point is that we won’t be 6th with same games played. Look harder- we are 11th having already played the same number of games as all but one team above us. If we do go 6th then all others have a game in hand over us. 

Lakey’s blind optimism is always in the face of facts and the obvious. He’s the biggest happy clapper on this site. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was an alias for someone at the club 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't get why people are still surprised or moaning about it.

This season was a write off from the moment we didn't fire Dean Smith when mathematically relegated from the prem.

I hope if Leicester go down they have the brains to sling him out the door as they go.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Lakey’s blind optimism is always in the face of facts and the obvious. He’s the biggest happy clapper on this site. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was an alias for someone at the club 

What a peculiar interpretation of what I write. The label "blind optimism" or "blind faith" is just ridiculous when you actually read my posts properly.  On this thread -

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Its points on the board that matter!

Both common sense patently reasonable posts, no blind faith, no huge optimism, nothing other than common sense. People labelling me "happy clapper" or "blind optimist" are well wide of the mark.

If we are 6th after tonight, then we are in the position where others have to catch us, whether they have games in hand over us or not, so rough season as this has been, this is a huge match this evening.

Edited by lake district canary

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I don't get why people are still surprised or moaning about it.

This season was a write off from the moment we didn't fire Dean Smith when mathematically relegated from the prem.

I hope if Leicester go down they have the brains to sling him out the door as they go.

To be fair, Leicester's owners have been heralded on here as the best possible example of rich owners taking over a football club (and I don't really disagree) but they still felt it was giving Dean Smith a punt, even after his failure here. 

5 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Hard to remember I know.

I think this was a source of disappointment for many at the time, presenting an impediment to beating on with their obsession with getting the manager sacked over actual results.

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

Nope its far worse than that eh Lakeyo.?..he has no vested interest , hes just plain bonkers.!!! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CDMullins said:

But it never felt high in that moment, at least not for me - perhaps other people felt a heightened elation, did you?

The only high point for me was when Wagner came in and we had that run of three scoring 3-4 goals/game, looked like we had a plan, tails where up and I thought here we go, and that was met with the lows of Burnley, Bristol and subsequent injuries.

42 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

But it never felt high in that moment, at least not for me - perhaps other people felt a heightened elation, did you?

The only high point for me was when Wagner came in and we had that run of three scoring 3-4 goals/game, looked like we had a plan, tails where up and I thought here we go, and that was met with the lows of Burnley, Bristol and subsequent injuries.

There is an argument that, I made at the time, we should have been a bit more supportive and not on the players backs so early in that really positive run we had under Smith. I know the football wasn't great but in hindsight it was a run of results that we've not even come close to emulating since.

I remember people saying it was because we were against poor teams but several of those we beat are now above us!

Sheff Utd have basically achieved auto-promotion playing a pretty bland version of football and getting the results.

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Its points on the board that matter! 🙃

but what about the xG?! 🧐

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

There is an argument that, I made at the time, we should have been a bit more supportive and not on the players backs so early in that really positive run we had under Smith. I know the football wasn't great but in hindsight it was a run of results that we've not even come close to emulating since.

Oh 100%, I don't know why it wasn't supportive.  It was frustrating as hell being top of the table and hearing people moaning around the ground.

I didn't get it then, and I don't get it now.

Looking back, I felt there was a downwards feeling from start of the season, for me I think 20m of last seasons signings going out on loan (Rashica and Tzolis), and players like Max and Pukki looking frustrated on the field in those opening games - both expecting to be elsewhere during the window.

I think Smith not embracing the fans as we've been used to was a factor too, I felt more like a spectator under Smith - with Wagner I feel more connected to the team.  I really wanted Smith to do well, too... Infact, I'd go as far to say that we may be higher up the league if he stayed.

But something just felt wrong while he was here., and it's very hard to my finger on it.   Certainly not been a rollercoaster season for me, though!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Nope its far worse than that eh Lakeyo.?..he has no vested interest , hes just plain bonkers.!!! 

Yeah, but bonkers in a good way.......after all, better to try to see a positive than the alternative "we are useless, have no chance, players out, management out, the owners out" kind of attitude. I wonder which is better.......

Yeah, but bonkers in a good way.......after all, better to try to see a positive than the alternative "we are useless, have no chance, players out, management out, the owners out" kind of attitude. I wonder which is better.......

Yup , Bonkers in a good way, i should have been clearer. Apologies.