2 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Who are you to decide whether they are harmless or not?

You've been much quieter this season than last,

But if you don't understand that posting pro unsubstantiated nonsense after each dribbling doesn't goad or wind people up then you have an incredible lack of emotional intelligence 

I'd be very surprised if you can find a post I've written this year that is genuinely disparaging to anyone or winds anyone up, apart from pehaps VAR officials and refs!   

7 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

We need a rebuild, this seasons a write off

Its fine. As long as Webber goes.

You were right about Smith… so you’re right about Webber. 

image.gif

7 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Root and Stem my man

Root and Stem.

Who would you keep from the current squad?

4 hours ago, overthebordercanary said:

Byram won't be here either, so replace with Mumba.

I'm not so sure, we have limited budget and will need Byram as cover when Aarons goes. Wouldn't be surprised if the right price came in to see Mumba sold too, might be a very tight budget unless there's a change at the top.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I'd be very surprised if you can find a post I've written this year that is genuinely disparaging to anyone or winds anyone up, apart from pehaps VAR officials and refs!   

Yes, like I said, you've been very quiet this year, there's only been a couple of 'come on let's be having you' posts immediately after a defeat 

I agree with the OP WE still have a chance and it's within our hands. Sergent has scored a goal, this alone will give him confidence, we need to drop Pukki to the bench and play him as our centre forward. 

The players must be hurting from last night and should and must put things right Wednesday if we win then there's a good chance of playoffs, it's going to go down to the last kick of the season. I just hope somehow Middlesbrough doesn't play us and get knocked out before the final. Or we get one over them after last night. 

We need to get behind them! 

4 winnable games if we go and change formation with Sargeant as lone striker. Had it not been for the injuries pukki wouldn’t have started. 

if by some miracle we get into the play offs and actually win promotion, then I genuinely fear for the summer recruitment. So many changes to the playing personnel is needed whether at prem or champ level but the prem league is so unforgiving and there would be little opportunity for the team to gel and actually compete at the highest level.

17 minutes ago, Tommo said:

4 winnable games if we go and change formation with Sargeant as lone striker. Had it not been for the injuries pukki wouldn’t have started. 

if by some miracle we get into the play offs and actually win promotion, then I genuinely fear for the summer recruitment. So many changes to the playing personnel is needed whether at prem or champ level but the prem league is so unforgiving and there would be little opportunity for the team to gel and actually compete at the highest level.

Or drop Sargent and put a real playmaker behind Pukki.

I agree, though, definitely not both of them. They just get in each other's way and we end up playing a half-baked system which is neither fish nor fowl.

Points from their last five games:

Millwall: 5

Blackburn: 5

Coventry: 8

PNE: 9

Sunlan: 9

Norwich: 5

W Brom: 6

We're not the only team who doesn't much fancy promotion. Or to put it another way, despite everything, we're still in it.

• Like 1

A few things are more likely to happen than us get in the playoffs. 

1. Lord Lucan will be a surprise guest on I’m A Celebrity . 
2. Beyoncé will accept my open invitation for a beer in the Queen Of Iceni

3. Paul Weller will agree to reform The Jam and allow me to play rhythm guitar when headlining at Wembley . 
4 I will wish all of those connected to ITFC the very best of luck. 

Folks - it ain’t going to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/04/2023 at 14:44, lake district canary said:

Glad we agree about the season not being over.

Believe it ir not, a lot of my posts are quite harmless and ordinary, but if some posts jangle a few brain cells, then good - someone has to try and see through a sea of miserablist negativity and redress the balance a bit!  It's too easy for negativity to take over when what is needed is some positivity!

As someone who definitely doesn’t want to see us get promoted, can I just report for you that that’s not ‘negativity’.

On the contrary, sorting the problems the club has is ‘in my mind’ the best way forward to get us back on track!    There’s nothing positive about promotion if (as it will) it prevents a rebuild and doesn’t force the club to change direction.   

We have got to find a solid back 4 combination that works and a defensive screen in front of that. Injuries have cost us dearly unfortunately.