Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

No Matchday Programmes Next Season ?

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The word is we are joining the ever increasing number of clubs.

Not even a digital one?

• Confused 1

My dad always buys a programme. Then realises he's forgotten his glasses, so can't read it until he gets home.

Moving to a digital version just means he will buy it the day before, and then forget to take his phone instead.

Don't ever get old.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The word is we are joining the ever increasing number of clubs.

Has Zoe received her redundancy notice?

Hopefully the payoff isn't substantial?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Has Zoe received her redundancy notice?

Hopefully the payoff isn't substantial?

Have I missed something?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Thought we were trying to maximise match day income. Do they not generate any profit these days ?

Depends how many they sell vs what they cost to produce.  I'm sure costs are rising and less people purchasing.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Have I missed something?

I don't know. Zoe's programme notes perhaps. More than ironic that she is considering deleting the only public projection that she possesses.

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I don't know. Zoe's programme notes perhaps. More than ironic that she is considering deleting the only public projection that she possesses.

Why are you questioning about her redundancy/ payoff, when it doesn't exist. Unless as I said id missed something. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Why are you questioning about her redundancy/ payoff, when it doesn't exist. Unless as I said id missed something. 

If there is no matchday programme to contain her boardroom notes, what is left of her job?

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

If there is no matchday programme to contain her boardroom notes, what is left of her job?

You really are stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I haven’t bought a programme in years.  In pre-interweb times there might have been some point in having one but these days what do they tell you that you can’t find out elsewhere?  That said, I used to find the fanzines of the 80s and 90s were a good read and were far more entertaining than the official glossy brochure.  Going back further, does anyone remember the “Football League Review” that used to be enclosed with every programme?

I assume (here's hoping) that as I currently receive an included in my ST price 'complimentary' programme on home game match-days. That if the club do terminate production of printed 'hard copy' programmes for next season? Then the price of my season ticket should also be reduced?......(At half-time I don't go and queue for my complimentary 'oink' 'squeal' biccies and beverage - but that's my personal choice).....

4 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I assume (here's hoping) that as I currently receive an included in my ST price 'complimentary' programme on home game match-days. That if the club do terminate production of printed 'hard copy' programmes for next season? Then the price of my season ticket should also be reduced?......(At half-time I don't go and queue for my complimentary 'oink' 'squeal' biccies and beverage - but that's my personal choice).....

I thought it was the light at the end of the tunnel but it just turned out to be an old person with a torch coming to ask for more money..... 

7 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I suggest you look up the definition of complimentary. 

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You've answered your own question here 

Although I do think squits reply is more accurate. 

Just now, Greavsy said:

I suggest you look up the definition of complimentary. 

I suggest you read my post again....I put an inverted comma either end of 'complimentary'....I'm highlighting that they're not really 'complimentary' but the programme cost is included in the price of my ST....Which also, includes in my ST price 'complimentary' biccies and beverage (which I don't indulge in at half-time as I prefer and love the zorbs)....I also park my butt on a 'complimentary' padded pew....Which me unfortunately being 6 foot+....allows me less leg-room than sitting in a medium sized waste paper bin....But it's only slight discomfort for a mere and tolerable less than 2 hours of visual pain and pleasure.... 

20 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I thought it was the light at the end of the tunnel but it just turned out to be an old person with a torch coming to ask for more money..... 

DIGIFLEX Hand Press Torch – Garden Tools -3 Led Dynamo Flashlight for  Camping, Hiking, Autumn and Survival - No Batteries Required, Eco &  Rechargeable : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Hope that torch is one o' these?....Our Club being concerned about the environment an' all that......

15 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I suggest you read my post again....I put an inverted comma either end of 'complimentary'....I'm highlighting that they're not really 'complimentary' but the programme cost is included in the price of my ST....Which also, includes in my ST price 'complimentary' biccies and beverage (which I don't indulge in at half-time as I prefer and love the zorbs)....I also park my butt on a 'complimentary' padded pew....Which me unfortunately being 6 foot+....allows me less leg-room than sitting in a medium sized waste paper bin....But it's only slight discomfort for a mere and tolerable less than 2 hours of visual pain and pleasure.... 

I was blindsided by the lack of a winking emoji!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I was blindsided by the lack of a winking emoji!

I don't do emoji.....I haven't got a sense of 'hoomer'....

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I don't do emoji.....I haven't got a sense of 'hoomer'....

I'd noticed! 😉 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Have I missed something?

Thankyou for asking on behalf of us all Greavsy.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I have over 1200 Ncfc programmes . At least if they stop producing them I won’t have to collect them anymore. Mrs Beard will be very happy indeed. 

Much the same here - though with a fairly large number of randoms from sides more local to me.  I still buy a programme and would be sad to see them go, though do barely ever read them.