I think it might have been for the sarcastic cheer when he cleared the ball forward, after we kept playing it across the back four, instead of getting the the ball up the pitch quicker in the final few minutes. Might be wrong though. 

Just now, Top corner said:

I think it might have been for the sarcastic cheer when he cleared the ball forward, after we kept playing it across the back four, instead of getting the the ball up the pitch quicker in the final few minutes. Might be wrong though. 

It was after the whistle had gone in direct response to the completely warranted booing.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

It was after the whistle had gone in direct response to the completely warranted booing.

Maybe he agreed with the booing and was just showing his appreciation. He prob thought we were carp too.

Wouldn't mind if he goes in the summer. He is not a patch on what Krull was a few years ago. We need to replace and improve on all 11 current players, although I realise that cannot and will not happen. We do need better players in all positions, unfortunately. 

Edited by Conrad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

Why on earth do you hope Angus Gunn moves on?!

Because I don't believe that he is as good a goalkeeper as Krull was a few years ago. Therefore this is another position in which we have gone backwards. As I said, we need improvements in all areas, but unfortunately that is not possible. 

4 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Because I don't believe that he is as good a goalkeeper as Krull was a few years ago. Therefore this is another position in which we have gone backwards. As I said, we need improvements in all areas, but unfortunately that is not possible. 

I think Gunn has come on leaps and bounds this year. Krul was in his prime a few years ago. Gunn is some years off his prime but is performing well already. I'd happily take him forward into the next season - wherever that is 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"I don't believe he's as good of goalkeeper as Krul was years ago" 

Well I hate to break it to ya buddy, this isn't years ago and as of this season Gunny has been better

• Thanks 1

He's been one of our best, if not the best, players this season.

Still no excuse for that display of arrogance at the end.

• Haha 1

The paying public are perfectly entitled to show their annoyance - we spend huge amounts of ££ following the club.  The players are more than happy to take the plaudits when we win and have to take it when we put in a ropey showing, too. 

8 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

I think Gunn has come on leaps and bounds this year. Krul was in his prime a few years ago. Gunn is some years off his prime but is performing well already. I'd happily take him forward into the next season - wherever that is 

Gunn is 27, I'd say that is prime years even if keepers sometimes play longer.

Booing today, as a player, I can understand it's hard to take as on paper we should have won. We created enough to win the game but couldn't hit the target. 

That said I don't think we played that well, we should be beating these kinds of team comfortably, especially at home. We just look so disjointed all over the pitch. 

18 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

He's been one of our best, if not the best, players this season.

Still no excuse for that display of arrogance at the end.

I'm delighted he reacted to our fans, not sure the booing was warranted at all. Understand frustration but we didn't take our chances. Boo Pukki Booo. BOOOOOO TZOLIS..

45 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Wouldn't mind if he goes in the summer. He is not a patch on what Krull was a few years ago. We need to replace and improve on all 11 current players, although I realise that cannot and will not happen. We do need better players in all positions, unfortunately. 

Absolute 🔔 end. Where the hell do think the money is coming from to upgrade the entire squad. Angus Gunn is quality. 

Gunn is one player who I wouldn’t get rid of, we will get money from the sale of Max, we have two financial assets in Sara & Sargent. I wouldn’t be surprised if one or both were sold if we didn’t get promoted (just an opinion), plus we will get a few million from the sale of Maddison & possibly the sale of a few of our other players. Add them all together & it gives us quite a lot of spending money. 

Edited by Top corner

28 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

"I don't believe he's as good of goalkeeper as Krul was years ago" 

Well I hate to break it to ya buddy, this isn't years ago and as of this season Gunny has been better

I didn't say that Gunn wasn't the better player this year. What I said, if you read my post, is that this is an area where we aren't as good as we were previously 

I also recognise, assuming that Gunn isn't sold as one of our sellable assets, that he will be our first choice goalkeeper next season. What I would ideally like to see, but it cannot happen for lots of reasons, is an improvement in all areas including goalkeeper. 

8 minutes ago, Ashwood said:

Absolute 🔔 end. Where the hell do think the money is coming from to upgrade the entire squad. Angus Gunn is quality. 

Read what I said. I recognise that we don't have the money to replace everyone. 

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Ironic clap and thumbs up to the crowd after the whistle due to the booing.

What a weapon.

He’s human, he will react to constant negativity from the fans 

I suppose he could have done a Wayne Rooney when England faced Algeria in the 2010 World Cup and berated the fans instead? That would surely have gone down well.

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm delighted he reacted to our fans, not sure the booing was warranted at all. Understand frustration but we didn't take our chances. Boo Pukki Booo. BOOOOOO TZOLIS..

Yes, but you subscribe to the weird notion that millionaire players need to be motivated by people paying to watch them play.

The first 15 minutes showed that the crowd will get up to it with a bit of effort and quality. As soon as that disappeared, so did the noise.

All on the players. And to react that sensitively to justified frustration and/or anger is pathetic. And to be delighted for the poor little millionaire? I'm not quite sure what that is to be honest.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Ironic clap and thumbs up to the crowd after the whistle due to the booing.

What a weapon.

The performance didn't deserve booing.

The effort was there. At this rate, the only reason players will come to Norwich is for a paycheck if they can't do better.

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The effort was there. At this rate, the only reason players will come to Norwich is for a paycheck if they can't do better.

Lol.

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Why else do players come to Norwich if it isn't for the paycheck? After all we have one of the biggest wage bills in the division. We have heard for years about the difficulty in attracting players to Norwich as it is out of the way and not a 'big' City. Once they are here on the other hand... 

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Hate to break it to you  , you eternal egotist, sorry optimist, but pretty much every one of our players are here because we pay them , not because they love Norwich. 

• Like 1

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Hate to break it to you  , you eternal egotist, sorry optimist, but pretty much every one of our players are here because we pay them , not because they love Norwich. 

Well there you go then. Why are you still a Norwich critic... supporter sorry?

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

Well there you go then. Why are you still a Norwich critic... supporter sorry?

Because of a thing called free will , you plonker. Awful thick for a preachy know all arent ya.?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Because of a thing called free will , you plonker. Awful thick for a preachy know all arent ya.?

Do you get off on being abusive when they lose, regardless of effort maybe? That, at least, would demonstrate some rationality on your part.