cambridgeshire canary

Do you think Hugill will score against us on Monday?

Do you think Hugill will score against us on Monday?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Hugill will score against us on Monday?

• Yes
    • No

Seems to be written in the stars.. Scored twice against Brom, we now have two of our starting centrebacks out injured.. Never thought I would be worried about Hugill scoring against us yet here we are

Probably, I'd be confident of shutting him out if Hanley were fit as he's best at winning defensive headers, not to mention a lot faster than Hugill.

If Hugill gets up against Gibson or Lungi he'll really fancy his chances. Omo probably has to mark him on set-pieces.

I have always said about Hugill that he does what it says on the tin. It doesn't say much, mind you.

He will hustle and bustle and get on the end of a couple of crosses, but, quite frankly, if we are afraid of Jordan Hugill then we don't deserve even a sniff of the play-offs.

He and Rotherham are made for each other.

I suspect he'll get a good reception at Carrow Road, for no particular reason other than he seemed a likeable sort who always gave his all. 

After yesterday, perhaps for once, the team will play with a confidence and a panache befitting the gap in fees and wages between the two squads. However, we've been there before after Millwall, so it is difficult to build up hopes.

Yet?

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Thanks 1

I don’t care that much as long as we go on to win.  Our home form has been pretty ordinary this season, we need to make sure we find some way to win the remaining games at CR if we are to have a realistic chance.

Actually hope he does score against us, if only to stick one to those of our fans who rubbished him the whole time he was here.....so yes, hope he does.......but only if we win too.

Of course he won’t score against us! Rotherham’s new captain isn’t good enough for Sunday league according to the resident pinkun experts remember! We’re safe as houses.

You missed out the following options:

-Maybe

-I don't know

-can you repeat the question? 

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

A few weeks ago he was being labelled as a terrible signing and L1 standard. Now people are worried about him. Weird.

Always supported him. The hatred against him was bizzare.

• Like 2

If we hadnt been obsessed with constantly playing an out of form Pukki and used him as an impact sub I think Hugill could have got goals when we went to hitting hopeful balls into the box. 
Its fate that he will score on Monday. 

7 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I have always said about Hugill that he does what it says on the tin. It doesn't say much, mind you.

He will hustle and bustle and get on the end of a couple of crosses, but, quite frankly, if we are afraid of Jordan Hugill then we don't deserve even a sniff of the play-offs.

He and Rotherham are made for each other.

I suspect he'll get a good reception at Carrow Road, for no particular reason other than he seemed a likeable sort who always gave his all. 

After yesterday, perhaps for once, the team will play with a confidence and a panache befitting the gap in fees and wages between the two squads. However, we've been there before after Millwall, so it is difficult to build up hopes.

Yet?

Hugills better than Idah!

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Unironicly correct

Just thought I had to stick up for Hugill cause the poster I qouted doesn't rate him so I put it into perspective!

The fact that some people are now clutching their pearls and worrying that Jordan 'great in the dressing room' Hugil is going to score against us is just another sign of how far we've fallen this season.

He's scored 4 goals in 18 League games this season and that was 2 braces, and one of them being against QPR who were absolutely dire at the time.

Some of you lot really need to get a grip of yourselves.

5 minutes ago, kingsway said:

Just thought I had to stick up for Hugill cause the poster I qouted doesn't rate him so I put it into perspective!

Not too many did when he was here I seem to recall. Popular .... Yes. Rated .... Not really.

Having said that I would be less fearful of our defense having to face Adam Idah on Monday than I would of them having to contend with Jordan Hugill at his boisterous best..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Unhinged Canary said:

The fact that some people are now clutching their pearls and worrying that Jordan 'great in the dressing room' Hugil is going to score against us is just another sign of how far we've fallen this season.

He's scored 4 goals in 18 League games this season and that was 2 braces, and one of them being against QPR who were absolutely dire at the time.

Some of you lot really need to get a grip of yourselves.

True, and if we'd have, for once, scraped through last season it would have been Erling Haarland against our defence.

Twelve months ago we were facing Harry Kane and Mo. Salah.

27 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

True, and if we'd have, for once, scraped through last season it would have been Erling Haarland against our defence.

That's a terrifying prospect!

Loved Hugill when he was here. He was a strange signing but I guess gave us a different option. Pukki was always going to play if fit but Jordan have everything whenever he got an opportunity.

• Like 1