Sign in to follow this  
Yellow and Green

Team vs Rotherham

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

The team played well today, but Sargent in his favoured role was clearly the worst player, at least until Idah came on. Your point about centre backs may be correct but if both are injured what exactly do you suggest we do?

Play Omobamidele and one from the U21s. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Sorensen there because throwing in a youngster is a huge risk, but I'd still be reluctant to start meddling too much with multiple players out of position. 

3 hours ago, Monty13 said:

While it’s a shame Im not sure personally. Hugill will need to be managed, I think Sorensen will do a better job of that personally, he’s way more experienced and cool under pressure.

I know what you mean, but I just don't think we should be adjusting our team to cope with Rotherham at home

If we pick a balanced team with a proper midfield we should be able to control possession and starve Hugill of chances while creating plenty of our own

We should be backing ourselves to win comfortably 

• Like 1

Another way of looking at it is it's Rotheram at home. You would hope that Warner or Hills could step up in that environment.

If we fudge the line-up and lose because of a weakened midfield we'll wish we tried. We should still have enough quality to beat them. 

If at half-time it clearly isn't working then change it then.

Are a half fit Hayden or Byram an option?

21 hours ago, Newtopia said:

For me I would play our next best centre back..  Who I believe is Warner.

Gunn

Aaron’s Warner Omobalidele Gianoulis 

Sara Sorensen

Marquinhos Gibbs Hernandez 

Sargent

I'd go with this (minus the apostrophe in Aaron's).

Pukki against tiring legs is a huge weapon, and that midfield three with Gibbs pushing on looked excellent against Blackburn.

Bench: Krul, McCallum, Byram, Tzolis, Idah, Pukki, Kamara/Rowe (if fit). A very top-heavy bench with no midfielders, but with Nunez, McLean and Dowell all injured it's either that or a CM from the academy.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Pukki against tiring legs is a huge weapon, and that midfield three with Gibbs pushing on looked excellent against Blackburn.

Bench: Krul, McCallum, Byram, Tzolis, Idah, Pukki, Kamara/Rowe |(if fit). A very top-heavy bench with no midfielders, but with Nunez, McLean and Dowell all injured it's either that or a CM from the academy.

There are more greengrocer's than lettuce's around the'se day's.

It make's me de'spair for the Engli'sh language.

Just now, Cowboy said:

There are more greengrocer's than lettuce's around the'se day's.

It make's me de'spair for the Engli'sh language.

I'm a proofreader/editor by profession so I try not to be too much of a pedantic git when I'm out in the wild... but I just don't understand where that apostrophe comes from. So many people do it, and it drives me up the wall!

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

I'm a proofreader/editor by profession so I try not to be too much of a pedantic git when I'm out in the wild... but I just don't understand where that apostrophe comes from. So many people do it, and it drives me up the wall!

Sometimes it's the auto-complete function, with its (see what I did there) built-in logic, as in the case of Aaron's where the possessive form of Aaron makes more sense than a multitude of Aarons, or Aarons as a standalone singular proper noun. Other times it's just illiteracy and the desperately poor educational standards of a failing country. I know it's not important really!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Sometimes it's the auto-complete function, with its (see what I did there) built-in logic, as in the case of Aaron's where the possessive form of Aaron makes more sense than a multitude of Aarons, or Aarons as a standalone singular proper noun. Other times it's just illiteracy and the desperately poor educational standards of a failing country. I know it's not important really!  

Very good point, let's blame the auto-correct rather than the educational standards of our fellow posters. When I'm not at work, I don't care about typos and grammatical errors; the only purpose of communication is to make oneself understood, so as I long as I can understand what message the other person is trying to convey, the minutiae aren't especially important.

For those clutching at the Tomkinson straw……..NO he can’t be recalled. Since DW name checked Jayden Warner as the just in case extra man at Blackburn, it’s a fair guess that he will be on the bench, if not in the starting line up.

I think we need to play Sorensen in midfield so we need to find a CB from somewhere. 

no idea if Byram or Hayden are fit enough, failing that could McCullum play there? He’s always looked ok in the air. 

6 hours ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

i suspect that Hayden might just make the subs bench

Is that literally? Unaided all the way from the changing room? 🤔 😚

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

For those clutching at the Tomkinson straw……..NO he can’t be recalled. Since DW name checked Jayden Warner as the just in case extra man at Blackburn, it’s a fair guess that he will be on the bench, if not in the starting line up.

I've moved on to clutching at the free agent straw. Let's get Timmy klose's knees, ankles, hips, hamstrings all bandaged up and give him a PAYG (by the minute) deal.

Gunn

Aarons, Omadamidele, Sorensen, Giannoulis

Hayden

Sara, Gibbs

Marqinhos,  Sargent, Hernandez.

Bench Krul, Mccallum,  Byram, Idah, Pukki, Kamara and 1 another to aid midfield don't know who.  Maybe two if not Kamara.

Hayden to give added height to the defence a bit short felt for Sargent, might as well play him as will get injured soon enough.

Same comments 're injury apply to Byram

1 hour ago, makham said:

Is that literally? Unaided all the way from the changing room? 🤔 😚

Apparently he's sent a sponsorship form around the squad, such is the challenge 😉

11 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Bench: Krul, McCallum, Byram, Tzolis, Idah, Pukki, Kamara/Rowe (if fit). A very top-heavy bench with no midfielders, but with Nunez, McLean and Dowell all injured it's either that or a CM from the academy.

Tbh the apostrophe was an autocorrect when I typed in Aarons on my phone.  It is a shame none of the midfielders seem to be pushing for a squad place.

• Thanks 1