Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Today’s games

Some important games for us tonight - maybe the biggest is Millwall v Swansea with Middlesbrough v Stoke…both currently 0-0.

Meanwhile Man City got the benefit of a pretty tough handball penalty - the guy inexplicably got a yellow card for it too.

Reading updates on BBC. Can anyone tell me what the "half space" is ? 

"The awareness to be in the half-space and follow in for Haaland is fantastic."

Watford winning is the biggest blow. They'll improve under Wilder, and they've got a strong side which will be a threat in the Playoffs. And if we both end up in there, I'd be a bit anxious as our recent record against them is awful; seven defeats in the last eight, if I'm not mistaken?

21 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Meanwhile Man City got the benefit of a pretty tough handball penalty - the guy inexplicably got a yellow card for it too.

Indeed, even on the slow motion replays it's difficult to see a handball. You can only spot it on the super slow motion from one particular angle; harsh in the extreme. 

Millwall goal up, just said on talksport that they're yet to play the bottom 3 too.... Not looking too rosey.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Indeed, even on the slow motion replays it's difficult to see a handball. You can only spot it on the super slow motion from one particular angle; harsh in the extreme. 

I think I'm almost done with football if that is seen as a legitimate handball. People have hands, they cannot disappear. Unless they actively try to handball it (and I include making yourself bigger in that by putting your arms out, but I don't include when sliding or jumping having an arm slightly up), they should never be given. I'm watching it in a different country with non-English commentary, so I can't tell if they agree or not but it's outrageous in my opinion.

On the replays I can't even be certain that it actually touched him either, let alone any intent!

Edited by All the Germans

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I'm watching it in a different country with non-English commentary, so I can't tell if they agree or not but it's outrageous in my opinion.

Even the English commentators and pundits think it is harsh. 

Except Peter Walton, obviously, but he made himself look an absolute pillock last week so he's lost whatever little credibility he had, and that was barely any.

Milwall 2 up now, and Coventry gone a goal up and leapfrogged us.  Sunday's result is really infuriating.

Watching the ManC game. Haaland has five and 39 goals for the season. Can he make 50?

I have seen some great strikers over the years but he looks the most complete. Tap ins, headers, long shots, always wins one on one chases.  Maybe  Brazilian Ronaldo had nearly all but I don't know if he won many headers.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Watching the ManC game. Haaland has five and 39 goals for the season. Can he make 50?

I have seen some great strikers over the years but he looks the most complete. Tap ins, headers, long shots, always wins one on one chases.  Maybe  Brazilian Ronaldo had nearly all but I don't know if he won many headers.

hall.jpg

44 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Going to have to be a form of strait jacket for defenders soon. Ridiculous.

Crazy decision. They have to make adjustments to this rule. Defender only had his arm in the air as part of the normal movement to jump and had no idea of the trajectory of the ball.

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Stoke looked very good second half.  Thank god we haven't got them at the weekend! :classic_blush:

Means **** all in the Championship; Sunderland got spanked 5-1 at home (to Stoke, funnily enough) the weekend before we played them and look what happened.

The vast majority of sides in the Championship, ourselves included, are wildly inconsistent.

55 minutes ago, vos said:

Crazy decision. They have to make adjustments to this rule. Defender only had his arm in the air as part of the normal movement to jump and had no idea of the trajectory of the ball.

As much as I get your view the letter of the law is the defender had their hand in the air in a completely unnatural position and handled it after an attackers header. I can completely see why it was given

20 minutes ago, AJ said:

As much as I get your view the letter of the law is the defender had their hand in the air in a completely unnatural position and handled it after an attackers header. I can completely see why it was given

AJ We will have to beg to differ. In no way do I see this as an “unnatural position”. Having played a lot of sport when you are jumping about your arms are never tucked in by your side. Actually when you see defenders placing their arms across their chest that definitely is not natural.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vos said:

AJ We will have to beg to differ. In no way do I see this as an “unnatural position”. Having played a lot of sport when you are jumping about your arms are never tucked in by your side. Actually when you see defenders placing their arms across their chest that definitely is not natural.

I'm not disagreeing in that it is not a ludicrous law that results in very ludicrous decisions. I'd be incensed if that got given against us, but by the law the ref was right to give it

Totally forgot about these games!

4 clubs chasing 6th now, not looking good. Hopefully Onel and Max can get fit for tonight.

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Fair play to Blackpool for giving themselves some hopes of staying up.

If they can keep it going it could make for a very interesting last game of the season.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If they can keep it going it could make for a very interesting last game of the season.

I mean if you ask me I would rather see Blackpool stay up and Cardiff go down

... At least Blackpool are English

It,s all in our hands, if we do not take it it is Webbers fault.  Many more Wigan is Sunderland performances forget it.  10 Millwall and we will get in Play Offs.