Sign in to follow this  
VAUX

SHACKS IS A CANARY HERO

Apparently on the radio after the game wothy played down shackell''s participation against Sheffield, However having just watched the game again on the box. I though he was truly magnificent and deserves every possible bit of praise that we as fans can offer him. He made Leon’s goal, hit the bar and then saved us against Akinbi at the death. At the next home game he will be getting my biggest cheer and we must move mountains to secure this players future at Carrow Road. Well done shacks, can anyone think up a chant????

He is our John Terry and must be the Captain for the 06/7 season as I believe he will thrive in the role.

He made an excellent run to lose his marker to make McKenzie''s goal then just shrugged and ran back to his place.

Top drawer player currently worth 3 million plus.

He is by far one of our best players and I agree he should be captain next season, he shouts and organises the team. A John Terry in the making.

after watching it on tv this morning, it made me realise just how amazing the tackle on Ade Akinbiyi was, amazing tackle!

Yep, he should be earmarked for the captaincy but you dont want too put too much pressure on him at a young age. I believe he could turn into a top premiership quality defender. He was amazing yesterday and wasnt outclassed in the prem last year.

I would be surprised if Worthy made Shacks captain because I am not convinced he is enough of a ''worthy man.''

However, watching Shacks organising the defence and trying to make them play further up the field a promotion would give him greater authority.

Next season would be perfectly fine.

He was great, I also think that having Leon back on form helped us to maintain a higher line. The opposition defence just don''t get the opportunity to relax and build against us from the back when he is running and harrying. I thought there were a lot of positives to take from yesterdays game.[:)]

Love shack, baby love, shack he''s our best defender!!!!! Needs a bit of work but like the idea would certainly complement Saf''s and macca''s chant.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]After WLYPM how about a version of ''Loveshack'' by the B52''s I think? Any ideas?[/quote]

Has potential

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]After WLYPM how about a version of ''Loveshack'' by the B52''s I think? Any ideas?[/quote]''Cos we loooove Shacks, he''s a very tall lad and, there is no-one betteeee-eeerrLove Shacks baby! Love Shacks baby!

[quote user="seahawk"]He is by far one of our best players and I agree he should be captain next season, he shouts and organises the team. A John Terry in the making.[/quote]

Exactly, we are definitely missing a leader to shout instructions and organised our defence! Shacks surely the next Malky MacKay!!! :)

[quote user="Marmite"]Shacks was indeed superb. The Guardian website gave man of the match to someone called Lee Shackell though.[/quote]

According to sufc.co.uk, Shackell was a substitute! What a bloody mistake!!!

Shacks should be City captain next season, look what its done for Reo Coker down at West Ham. Hes about the same age as shack. Pardew saw the potential and didnt care about age despite them being in the premiership.

[quote user="Jimaldinho"]Shacks should be City captain next season, look what its done for Reo Coker down at West Ham. Hes about the same age as shack. Pardew saw the potential and didnt care about age despite them being in the premiership.[/quote]

You are right about Reo-Coker, being a captain not only give responability to the young man, also it''s a pride to him if he always play for his shirt -- that exactly what Shackell was!!!

re the song, here''s two possibles to the start of the B52''s:We''ve a very special sideDown at Caa-row RoadWe''ve got Ten Good Menand The Looove ShackLove Shack baa-by yeahLove Shack Baby!or:You can see a centre-halfDown at Caa-row RoadHe''s the best by farhe''s the Looove Shack!Love Shack baa-by yeahLove Shack baby!

[quote user="Jimaldinho"]Shacks should be City captain next season, look what its done for Reo Coker down at West Ham. Hes about the same age as shack. Pardew saw the potential and didnt care about age despite them being in the premiership.[/quote]

Agreed. I thought he was a standout at the tail end of last season, and im glad he is continuing his good form. A class player in the John Terry mold, lets do our best to keep him quiet from the premiership clubs.