Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Arsenal v Man City

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Pep going to be crying about VAR later I think...  🙂

You're right, but there's no reason too. He was marginally offside, but notwithstanding that it looked like he had a grab of Gabriel's shirt before the foul that the penalty was given for anyway.

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

notwithstanding that it looked like he had a grab of Gabriel's shirt before the foul that the penalty was given for anyway.

Not to mention the elbow he just got away with shortly after!

Good game though, puts the Champions League in the shadows tonight.

Why wasn’t the Man City keeper sent off for the penalty? He’d already been booked and if he fouled as given it should have been a second yellow! When Haaland’s penalty was awarded the yellow can straight out! This whole league is corrupt, it’s driven by gambling and making sure there’s a good run in for TV.

Don't care, Man City are 3-1 to the good and are seeing the game out.....Makes the race to be the Champions more interesting....

Pundits said at half time that the ref probably didn't want to ruin the game.  Which was an odd comment to make.

It's all about selling a product for the highest price, to the wealthiest market I guess.

Every time I see Nathan Ake I think of him in the FA Youth Cup Final playing against us for Chelsea....Done well when you think of the other lads that also played in that game....and I wonder what they're doing these days to earn a crust?.....

Well we know how Josh an' Jacob progressed....

There's no better motive than thinking the rest of the footballing world are out to get you, too.  Ah well, things can soon change - was a proper 6 pointer tonight.

10 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Pundits said at half time that the ref probably didn't want to ruin the game.  Which was an odd comment to make.

Exactly. If the player fouls bad enough to be sent off it's their stupidity/recklessness that has ruined the game not the red.

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

There's no better motive than thinking the rest of the footballing world are out to get you, too.  Ah well, things can soon change - was a proper 6 pointer tonight.

It is entirely possible that the rest of the footballing world is against them, probably quite rightly too. But I suspect that there are one or two clubs at home and abroad that are watching on nervously!