Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Anyone know how many we're taking to Brizzle?

Myself and Mrs Wolf are going Thursday-Sunday to make a long weekend of it... a bit classier than our last away weekender to Blackpool by all accounts! Anyone got any idea how many tickets we've sold?

I've been having a chat with some of their fans on the BCFC forum, they seem a friendly bunch – if anyone's looking for food/drink recommendations, they've been very forthcoming.

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Can you report back on the taps please Wolfie! 

Sure. I'm looking forward to this one in particular.

• Haha 1

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Myself and Mrs Wolf are going Thursday-Sunday to make a long weekend of it... a bit classier than our last away weekender to Blackpool by all accounts! Anyone got any idea how many tickets we've sold?

I've been having a chat with some of their fans on the BCFC forum, they seem a friendly bunch – if anyone's looking for food/drink recommendations, they've been very forthcoming.

ZaZas is a very good buffet restaurant near the floating dock. Excellent price and food from all around the world. Some cracking hotels as well. Pubs aren't the greatest. We are going up by train from Cornwall so will take our own on the train. have to dash after the game though. Train leaves just after six.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sure. I'm looking forward to this one in particular.

I'll expect a full report, signed off by Mrs Wolfie, of course. 

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

have to dash after the game though. Train leaves just after six.

That's a shame KGD I'm sure Wolfie said he was getting a round in! 😊 😊 

Just now, Greavsy said:

I have tried to persuade her to post on here, but she has steadfastly refused so far. No sign-offs, though – I edit my own work 😉

Just now, Greavsy said:

That's a shame KGD I'm sure Wolfie said he was getting a round in! 😊😊 

I already got a round in... April 2009, it was.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

I already got a round in... April 2009, it was.

You'll notice the price increases now, my friend! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

ZaZas is a very good buffet restaurant near the floating dock. Excellent price and food from all around the world. Some cracking hotels as well. Pubs aren't the greatest. We are going up by train from Cornwall so will take our own on the train. have to dash after the game though. Train leaves just after six.

We're just staying in the Ibis in the centre because it's cheap and cheerful... will take a look at ZaZas, thanks. From what the locals have shared, sounds like there's no shortage of decent pubs, but it depends what you look for in a pub, I suppose! Fingers crossed for a strong performance and result.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I have tried to persuade her to post on here, but she has steadfastly refused so far. No sign-offs, though – I edit my own work 😉

We are a friendly bunch, usually. 

She would be most welcome. 

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

We're just staying in the Ibis in the centre because it's cheap and cheerful... will take a look at ZaZas, thanks. From what the locals have shared, sounds like there's no shortage of decent pubs, but it depends what you look for in a pub, I suppose! Fingers crossed for a strong performance and result.

If you tell me what you look for in a pub I will ask my beer drinking friend that knows Brizzle very well for recommendations.............

52 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Should be done by the end of the month then Greavsy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Should be done by the end of the month then Greavsy.

I won't be passing it to the club for feedback, Tilly! 😉

As a Bath based exile, I'll be in the The Rose of Denmark, preceded by The Cottage and the Pump House on my way walking from Temple Meads station and I'll be wearing subtle shades of green and yellow and not my NCFC shirt.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

There are 2 Ibis hotels reasonably central to Bristol - lost my room key on a stag do and whilst I had the right room number when I persuaded night staff to let me into the room, it was the wrong hotel….

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Fifty said:

There are 2 Ibis hotels reasonably central to Bristol - lost my room key on a stag do and whilst I had the right room number when I persuaded night staff to let me into the room, it was the wrong hotel….

Did the jury buy that excuse? 😛 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

If you tell me what you look for in a pub I will ask my beer drinking friend that knows Brizzle very well for recommendations.............

Cheers! I'm very much into my keg craft ales, and Mrs Wolf likes stouts and sours. We've already got Small Bar, Wiper & True, Left Handed Giant, Bristol Beer Factory and Little Martha on the list.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Did the jury buy that excuse? 😛 

Miraculously managed to not disturb the deep-sleeping couple in the room. Could have been very dodgy in hindsight

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Cheers! I'm very much into my keg craft ales, and Mrs Wolf likes stouts and sours. We've already got Small Bar, Wiper & True, Left Handed Giant, Bristol Beer Factory and Little Martha on the list.

Looking forward to a first away trip of the season myself.

Attached is the Good Beer Guide for Central areas (as good a photo as I can get given the centre bind).

20230207_111416.jpg

20230207_111355.jpg

• Thanks 1

Bristol pubs and restaurants are part if what the city is known for!

You are close to the Urban Tandoori which does a fine curry. Get into the Old City and King's Street for lots of hidden and not so hidden old pubs. Its on your doorstep.

Also Wrapping Wharf, five minutes away for Wild Beer and container cafes. Obs Clifton Village.

The ones recommended are all good shouts particularly match day.

Me and my sons will be making an afternoon of it. We will wear our colours and feel safe.

• Thanks 1

We used to drink at a small pub called the Nova Scotia, about a 10 minute walk from Aston Gate.  Had to be mindful of how many cloudy ciders to have if you wanted to have any memories of the game!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Bristol pubs and restaurants are part if what the city is known for!

You are close to the Urban Tandoori which does a fine curry. Get into the Old City and King's Street for lots of hidden and not so hidden old pubs. Its on your doorstep.

Also Wrapping Wharf, five minutes away for Wild Beer and container cafes. Obs Clifton Village.

The ones recommended are all good shouts particularly match day.

Me and my sons will be making an afternoon of it. We will wear our colours and feel safe.

That's great to hear! Although wife informs me that Wild Beer is closed at the moment, which is a shame as it was one we were looking forward to visiting.

28 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Here you go mate...

Thanks for this! I do follow DH on Twitter, but I'm not on there much so I tend to miss things like this. Sounds like it'll be another fantastic trip for the yellow army, looking forward to it immensely!