Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Anyone know how many we're taking to Brizzle?

On 08/02/2023 at 20:22, Rivvo said:

I haven’t read through the whole thread but there are 4 or 5 good craft beer bars around King St, and Left Handed Giant taproom is epic, expect London prices 

51 minutes ago, Scot-e-dog said:

It's a local thing.  It's how it sounds when Bristolians refer to Bristol and it's become a bit of a local joke.   I have lived here now for 30+ years and along with "gurt lush" and "cheers drive" is one of the local things.

I love cheers drive.

In the Pump House pre match.  Lush.

Edited by The Bristol Nest

1 hour ago, Scot-e-dog said:

It's a local thing.  It's how it sounds when Bristolians refer to Bristol and it's become a bit of a local joke.   I have lived here now for 30+ years and along with "gurt lush" and "cheers drive" is one of the local things.

A bit like us calling Norwich “Nodge” I guess

On 06/02/2023 at 18:24, Feedthewolf said:

Myself and Mrs Wolf are going Thursday-Sunday to make a long weekend of it... a bit classier than our last away weekender to Blackpool by all accounts! Anyone got any idea how many tickets we've sold?

I've been having a chat with some of their fans on the BCFC forum, they seem a friendly bunch – if anyone's looking for food/drink recommendations, they've been very forthcoming.

I salute all of the travelling fans today . Brilliant effort everyone . The players should hang their heads in shame along with anyone who thought some of these players were anywhere near good enough to get us up. 
I would list them but what’s  the point .

Safe journey home you guys. You bloody well deserved  better than that . 

From a culture (pub and other) a great City to visit. A superb lively metropolis without the northern chip on the shoulder.

As for the match we played some good cultured football in the first half then lost our way in the second. It raises the issue of whether the culture club that we seek can work or whether we do need to be more pragmatic and ugly.

As for the away end, the steps were steep enough for everyone to get a good view of the action. £33 per seat and empty seats whilst the home team sells adult tickets at £15 under the guise of seemingly expanded family areas. Gives the impression that Clubs don't want to encourage away fans

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, essex canary said:

From a culture (pub and other) a great City to visit. A superb lively metropolis without the northern chip on the shoulder.

As for the match we played some good cultured football in the first half then lost our way in the second. It raises the issue of whether the culture club that we seek can work or whether we do need to be more pragmatic and ugly.

As for the away end, the steps were steep enough for everyone to get a good view of the action. £33 per seat and empty seats whilst the home team sells adult tickets at £15 under the guise of seemingly expanded family areas. Gives the impression that Clubs don't want to encourage away fans

£6 a pint in a breast implant at the Guinness hub was a bit steep as well.

Edited by keelansgrandad

23 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

A bit like us calling Norwich “Nodge” I guess

…and Ipswich a sh!thole - though that’s a more universal thing…

• Like 1

On 06/02/2023 at 18:24, Feedthewolf said:

Myself and Mrs Wolf are going Thursday-Sunday to make a long weekend of it... a bit classier than our last away weekender to Blackpool by all accounts! Anyone got any idea how many tickets we've sold?

I've been having a chat with some of their fans on the BCFC forum, they seem a friendly bunch – if anyone's looking for food/drink recommendations, they've been very forthcoming.

If you follow Daniel Houlker on twitter he usually posts updates of how many away tickets are sold. Worth a follow as interesting to know this stuff (also posted updates on Preston and Coventry)

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Houlker

So you asked on 6th Feb, so admittedly he hadn't updated at that point.

On 7th Feb he said 2158 sold from an allocation of 2522, then on 11th Feb said that 2300 were sold, so a couple of hundred unsold.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Thanks 1