Sign in to follow this  
mccanary

Another (almost) perfect day

We win and that lot down the road lose in no little part due to an ex canary......

If you fancy watching meltdown in action, take a look at TWTD this evening.

OTBC 

Mac

• Like 3

..... always good value over there. Amazingly, after 3 seasons in Division 3, they still think that they have a divine right to beat every opponent,  based on their history alone, like that makes a difference. 

It's looking like play offs for them now, although there are plenty of games still to be played, they've hit a sticky patch and the chasers are closing in.

Here's hoping that they finish 7th 🙏

15 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

..... always good value over there. Amazingly, after 3 seasons in Division 3, they still think that they have a divine right to beat every opponent,  based on their history alone, like that makes a difference. 

It's looking like play offs for them now, although there are plenty of games still to be played, they've hit a sticky patch and the chasers are closing in.

Here's hoping that they finish 7th 🙏

Not just beat every opponent, but they seem to think they have a devine right to be in the PL or at least challenging for it, even though they've been no where near it for 20+years. 

• Like 2

When it comes to football, “Town” fans are mostly tössers. I should know having lived in Suffolk most of my life. All fans are brought up with black and white photos of Mick Mills winning in stadiums that were knocked down years ago. For reasons only Ipswich fans understand , this gives them a god given right to assume they are great. 

Fück ‘em. 

• Like 4

Disappointingly, I thought most of the posts that I saw weren’t that deluded, although this one was a gem:

”The concern is how do the new owners see getting a return on their money, If we get into the Championship we have to break through the 'yo yo' clubs who now dominate promotion.  

Assume we can, as with Forest, all the money is needed to have a chance of staying up. The only way to earn big is to get into Europe, something that requires a fair bit of money to compete against the top six or so with incomes of £400 plus per annum “

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Disappointingly, I thought most of the posts that I saw weren’t that deluded, although this one was a gem:

”The concern is how do the new owners see getting a return on their money, If we get into the Championship we have to break through the 'yo yo' clubs who now dominate promotion.  

Assume we can, as with Forest, all the money is needed to have a chance of staying up. The only way to earn big is to get into Europe, something that requires a fair bit of money to compete against the top six or so with incomes of £400 plus per annum

I think even my income is above £400 per annum - top six here I come. 🙂 

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Assume we can, as with Forest, all the money is needed to have a chance of staying up. The only way to earn big is to get into Europe, something that requires a fair bit of money to compete against the top six or so with incomes of £400 plus per annum “

I particularly enjoyed the poster who claimed their problem was that they'd built a championship/premiership squad which struggles with the simpler teams they faced...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I particularly enjoyed the poster who claimed their problem was that they'd built a championship/premiership squad which struggles with the simpler teams they faced...

Also that the “smaller” clubs come to Portaloo and raise their game as it’s their cup final. Like  Plymouth who are 10 points clear of them. 

Most of the TWTD posters seem quite realistic to me. They had a poll yesterday which showed 70% of them think they won't be promoted. 

Meanwhile on this forum yesterday we had a poster who thought Smith was unlucky and had been badly treated and we have more than one who think Mumba should be recalled to play at full back despite the fact that the Plymouth manager says he isn't good enough defensively in League 1. And of course he's 5ft 5.

Which all goes to show there's at least one on every forum. 

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Most of the TWTD posters seem quite realistic to me. They had a poll yesterday which showed 70% of them think they won't be promoted. 

Meanwhile on this forum yesterday we had a poster who thought Smith was unlucky and had been badly treated and we have more than one who think Mumba should be recalled to play at full back despite the fact that the Plymouth manager says he isn't good enough defensively in League 1. And of course he's 5ft 5.

Which all goes to show there's at least one on every forum. 

Plus this forum features consistent posts about us only signing all our ex players and managers, especially the really rubbish ones. And replies to those posts discussing the merits of said re-signings like they’re a genuine happenstance.

something I’ll never understand about Norwich fans is their lack of comprehension about people in football who haven’t been employed by Norwich.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cornish sam said:

To be fair they've spent more than double any other team in leauge one on players and wages. Not going up after doing that would be a disaster.

33 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

To be fair they've spent more than double any other team in leauge one on players and wages. Not going up after doing that would be a disaster.

Yes it will be won’t it ? 😄😄😄 Laughing emojis 

Edited by FenwayFrank

I hadn’t realised that the ref spoke to both managers and said that if it was abandoned after 75mins the score would stand (at 1-1) - seems the binners pushed to carry on as they wanted to (try to) get the three points. It obviously didn’t turn out so well…no doubt it’ll go down in their supporter folklore that they were robbed of a point, but it seems it was largely their own doing.

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Yes it will be won’t it ? 😄😄😄 Laughing emojis 

Has the disappearing emoji problem now got so bad that we now need to use captions?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I hadn’t realised that the ref spoke to both managers and said that if it was abandoned after 75mins the score would stand (at 1-1) - seems the binners pushed to carry on as they wanted to (try to) get the three points. It obviously didn’t turn out so well…no doubt it’ll go down in their supporter folklore that they were robbed of a point, but it seems it was their own doing.

I had a look at the highlights and visibility was nearly as bad as the famous League Cup Semi-Final against Chelsea at CR, which was abandoned.

A bonus being that those around them all won. As for us, Watford and Blackburn both dropped points, and Boros defeat at Sunderland puts us into 5th. Not too important given how tight things are outside the top two, but Boro dropping all three points is helpful.

17 hours ago, cornish sam said:

It's not the 'simpler teams' that is their problem ..............it's their 'simpler' fans 🤣