Sign in to follow this  
PockthorpePete

Plymouth at Colney

Fair dues to Town fans though - almost 30,000 at the game yesterday. They will be back on a roughly level footing with us one day. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

Fair dues to Town fans though - almost 30,000 at the game yesterday. They will be back on a roughly level footing with us one day. 

About 2k Plymouth fans I read. Thats a decent effort given the massive return trip.

Yup, fair dues to them too.

To the “Binner” comment. 😍. Clubs like ours - Norwich. Ipswich, Plymouth represent all that is good about English football. We should celebrate their success wherever it is occurring. 

Edited by Surfer

13 minutes ago, Surfer said:

To the “Bonner” comment. 😍. Clubs like ours - Norwich. Ipswich, Plymouth represent all that is good about English football. We should celebrate their success wherever it is occurring. 

Ipswich don’t represent anything good about English football!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Grando said:

Only the sweet smell of stagnation 

13 minutes ago, astro said:

Only the sweet smell of stagnation 

Have they still got a tree growing in thier stadium in their little village- Sorry, town?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

“We have a good relationship with Stuart Webber (sporting director) and the loans manager, Neil Adams, so they let us (use the training ground). 

Just a point of order but Neil Adams is our assistant Sporting Direcor and Andy Hughes is our Loans Manager but whoever it was that was indeed a masterstroke to let Plymouth through the gates.

Edited by TIL 1010

53 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

“We have a good relationship with Stuart Webber (sporting director) and the loans manager, Neil Adams, so they let us (use the training ground). 

Just a point of order but Neil Adams is our assistant Sporting Direcor and Andy Hughes is our Loans Manager but whoever it was that was indeed a masterstroke to let Plymouth through the gates.

Thought Hughes was a coach now, he was sitting with Wagner yesterday.

10 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

Thought Hughes was a coach now, he was sitting with Wagner yesterday.

He is. He will be doing both roles until the end of the season at least, according to Webber.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Have they still got a tree growing in thier stadium in their little village- Sorry, town?

Apart from filming a mad max movie there I can’t think of any reason we shouldn’t offer it to Putin for target practice.

11 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Apart from filming a mad max movie there I can’t think of any reason we shouldn’t offer it to Putin for target practice.

A bit sick as usual

Just now, daly said:

A bit sick as usual

I’m just saying, if you’ve got to nuke somewhere….

would anybody notice?

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

To the “Binner” comment. 😍. Clubs like ours - Norwich. Ipswich, Plymouth represent all that is good about English football. We should celebrate their success wherever it is occurring. 

Yes it’s not as though they go about ripping off local business and then going into administration. Well not all of them anyway!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grando said:

Come on plucky little Ipswich buying the Leuage with tons of money via a dodgy pension fund..  what a fairy tale! 🤮🤮

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Come on plucky little Ipswich buying the Leuage with tons of money via a dodgy pension fund..  what a fairy tale! 🤮🤮

"the Leuage "...................Probably all they will buy, as the wheels on the tractor have become lose once again. As ever seems to be the case

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I’m just saying, if you’ve got to nuke somewhere….

would anybody notice?

Yeah they would. House prices would likely go up

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

Tell you what Surfer. You go and celebrate the Binners getting a point at home against Plymouth . If it’s all the same to you I’ll take the pïss out of them as long as I have any breath in my body . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Yes it’s not as though they go about ripping off local business and then going into administration. Well not all of them anyway!

Well, there is that... but y'know live and let live... Not everyone from Suffolk is bad. 

10 hours ago, Surfer said:

Clubs like ours - Norwich. Ipswich, Plymouth represent all that is good about English football.  

..... I'm confused as to what you think is good about English football.