Edited by daly

Don’t we just,  doesn't  help the situation though 

Edited by daly

19 minutes ago, daly said:

Some on here are really delusional 

Probably around 3 could make the  starting 11 in the top 10 Championship teams

Most are Div 1 at best

£30000 to £40000 a week they really are taking the ****

They are, remember when we signed Hayden and they all beamed ‘proven EPL performer!!!!!’    Of course he isn’t, he’s pretty ropey at that level but most rely on comments by others to form opinions rather than having the wherewithal to see it for themselves!  

These players aren’t taking the **** though, they we given a contract, it’s not there fault!    That rests with the club!   

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, daly said:

Most are Div 1 at best

Daly - I agree with you twice in one day, what's going on?!

I really don't understand people praising our squad and the "we've won two championships with most of this squad" argument.

Look at the table, look at the performances - they speak for themselves and you can only blame a manager to a certain extent.

Give Wagner a chance to have a ruddy good sort out but don't expect miracles with these players.

OTBC

10 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

Daly - I agree with you twice in one day, what's going on?!

I really don't understand people praising our squad and the "we've won two championships with most of this squad" argument.

Look at the table, look at the performances - they speak for themselves and you can only blame a manager to a certain extent.

Give Wagner a chance to have a ruddy good sort out but don't expect miracles with these players.

OTBC

That's why this fanciful talk of 'promotion' is just that - pure and utter fantasy. Much as I as a fan would love promotion, it would be an unmitigated disaster of gargantuan proportions. Remember Project Restart? Well do you really want that for 38 league games!!??   

• Like 1

I'd say Watford have the best team on paper as well as the best two players in Sarr and Pedro. Burnley are a bit better than us but we are at least as good or better than the rest if we could find a system that works for us and play consistently well in most games. Shows how important the manager/head coach is and how important it is to have the right mix of players who compliment each other. I see very few players at Sheff utd/Blackburn/Boro who I would swap with ours but they have teams that have been managed better and there looks like there's been a plan in building a team that works as an effective unit.

I said it in another thread but do Pukki/Sargent or Idah compliment each other? Do our attacking midfielders suit playing through balls to Pukki or crosses to Sargent? Do we have midfield runners who can play off Idah and get into the box to create chanes of their own? 

If the plan was to go with Pukki this year we should have signed another no.10. Sargent out wide wastes him and he doesn't create chances for Pukki either. I don't see a plan with the squad we've gone with this year. Were Nunez and Sara expected to play those through balls from deep as well as playing well as all round midfielders? That's a hell of an ask, you need top quality players to do that, how many Championship level midfielders can play killer through balls from deep? Not a lot. Why are we using Sinani and Dowell? What do they offer in terms of providing chances for the types of strikers we have? If Sargent plays up top who is beating a man to whip crosses in for him? If it's the full backs we don't have a defensive midfielder to cover those gaps. I could go on and on about the lack of cohesion in this squad. Just having players who are 10% better than the opposition in each position isn't enough and it's why we struggle to create chances. We do have one of the best squads in the division in terms of individual quality though, but it just doesn't work as a whole. 

I think in appointing Wagner we're now looking at trying to out work the opposition and force them into mistakes to open up chances. Trying to create problems for them in a tactical sense but that will not be as effective as having a natural chemistry between players like a Buendia-Pukki, Holt-Hoolahan or Huckerby-Crouch/Ashton

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

As I said elsewhere too many on here with yellow and green tinted glasses believed all the hype spouted at the beginning of the season when in truth it’s a squad full of aging players or journeymen! 

if it was that good why aren’t people being touted with moves as in previous windows?

1 hour ago, daly said:

Most are Div 1 at best

I've seen passages of play from these players that no other team in this division are capable of. So yes, we do have the players. 

What we need is a manager who's up to the job of getting them to perform consistently over 90 + minutes. 

I'm hoping Wagner is that man. We'll find out over the next weeks & months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, daly said:

Most are Div 1 at best

No.. it was all Smiths fault. And will continue to be when the results don’t come, because he’s ruined them all as players….. I think that’s how some on here put it..…

..I agree and have done for some time. Too much baggage and players should’ve been moved on in the summer whilst some residual value remained. 

Webber remains the fall guy. It’s his squad.

The lack of offers for our players speaks volumes. Lots of them are either over the hill or bang average. That said this squad should be top 5 as division is poor this year

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ron obvious said:

I've seen passages of play from these players that no other team in this division are capable of. So yes, we do have the players. 

What we need is a manager who's up to the job of getting them to perform consistently over 90 + minutes. 

I'm hoping Wagner is that man. We'll find out over the next weeks & months.

Suspect Burnley fans would have quite a chuckle at that!   They are well worth a watch this season!    

4 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Suspect Burnley fans would have quite a chuckle at that!   They are well worth a watch this season!    

I've seen Burnley on streams a few times. My comment still stands.

Not the best but certainly one of the best and should be right up there scrapping with the top two. As I've said all along (and Darren Eadie did too on the wireless yesterday) we are a squad bereft of confidence and belief, unfortunstely the previous manager's methods dragged the players down into a rut which is going to take some getting out of but there are enough games left for a top six finish if Wagner can get us going.

That said there is an imbalance and we really could do with a CDM and a couple of wide players before the end of the month.

We are so very fortunate to have such a team of talented treasures....both on and off the pitch....

At this moment in time during this January transfer window, our club (and Webbo in particular) are probably relentlessly batting away seriously head hunting interested parties from the upper echelons of professional club football, as promotion, is still our primary target....

Well, that is probably until all the season ticket deadlines have passed....

It's debatable whether we had the best squad in the league on both the last two occasions we won it. We probably had one of the best players in Buendia, with a decent enough supporting cast and a good finisher, but I would argue that last time out Bournemouth probably had a better squad and the time before that Leeds did.

It's more about getting them to play as a team with each individual playing to their own strengths. That's what Farke was so good at and Smith was so bad at. Square pegs in round holes never works.

We don't have the best squad this season either. But we do have some good players, who should be performing much better than they are.

Arguably last time round we had a few of the best players in Pukki, Buendia, Skipp and Krul giving us an incredible spine to the team. This team, however, has no spine so it certainly isn't worthy of the top two. Just ask yourself, how often have you seen any of our XI in the team of the week this season? Pukki and Buendia were virtually ever present last time around

19 hours ago, daly said:

Most are Div 1 at best

I've been saying this all season. Maybe when posters run out of those they want sacked the penny may drop.

If Wagner can get them motivated the top six is still achievable. If they get there it's just 3 games...