Sign in to follow this  
goldfishandgravel

Which of our players would work as player manager?

Who should be player manager?  

37 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who should be player manager?

• Tim Krul
    • Pukki
    • Grant Hanley
    • Nunez
    • Sara
    • Sargent
    • Kenny McClean
    • Todd Cantwell

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/23 at 16:04

I think Tim Krul - he seems like an intelligent guy and could see all the action unfold between the sticks. He could spot defensive mistakes because he'd be a few inches away from them. 

30 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I voted for Todd Cantwell, because we'd finally have a manager who won't give up on Todd Cantwell.

Are you sure about that?  I think the managers had faith for quite a while after Todd started struggling.

Definitely not Pukki. Definitely remember him being in one of those videos for Dafabet (think it was with Onel) and he said he'd not fancy being a manager.

Onel for me, OK he seems totally ignorant as to how football should be played( or if he knows, cant actually carry it out), but has a nice smile  and fans love him. That puts him ahead of Deano.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Definitely not Pukki. Definitely remember him being in one of those videos for Dafabet (think it was with Onel) and he said he'd not fancy being a manager.

Even so I  still think he's the one I'd trust to do the job. Maybe I'd go for our Nordic paring of Sorensen and Pukki,

12 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Even so I  still think he's the one I'd trust to do the job. Maybe I'd go for our Nordic paring of Sorensen and Pukki,

I also voted Pukki. The broadest footballing experience we have and arguably the highest footballing intelligence in the squad.

1 hour ago, Newtopia said:

Are you sure about that?  I think the managers had faith for quite a while after Todd started struggling.

Think it might have gone over your head.

28 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Onel for me, OK he seems totally ignorant as to how football should be played( or if he knows, cant actually carry it out), but has a nice smile  and fans love him. That puts him ahead of Deano.

I think Onel is more suited to be the Children's entertainment so I'd put him in the canary costume.

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

From the limited glimpses of their personalities that we can see, Lungi's got "number 2" all over him for me. Probably a very good assistant as he looks mature and diligent, but he looks too introverted and ill-at-ease in the spotlight to be a manager. 

No mention of ex players as I think Zimmermann would make a good transition into being a decent manager.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

From the limited glimpses of their personalities that we can see, Lungi's got "number 2" all over him for me. Probably a very good assistant as he looks mature and diligent, but he looks too introverted and ill-at-ease in the spotlight to be a manager. 

Pretty much exactly my line of thinking.

I was close to picking Byram for the assistant job but even less than Sorensen he doesn't have the voice for it. He can be the coach with Sargent rounding out the team as fitness coach.

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

No mention of ex players as I think Zimmermann would make a good transition into being a decent manager.

He's the obvious choice. One I'd love to see back here in a management role one day.