Sign in to follow this  
Terminally Yellow

The new manager must be....

...someone on the up, rather than on the way down. Sam Seaman just made this point on the Pink Un youtube show - and it's really struck a chord with me. 

People like Parker, Gerrard, Dyche, Wilder, Bruce (god no) - all should not get a look in. The threads I have read saying "Would you take Warnock until the end of the season?" - you people can **** right off. 

We need to cultivate an atmosphere throughout the club now of us against the world. Norwich, with our meagre resources but good intentions, fighting to show the world that money isn't everything and a club with a good spirit and honest, hard working attitude that puts fans first can be a success in the dirty money world of billionaires and oil states and their disgusting exploitation of others. We need a manager who can cultivate that sort of attitude through his own fire and determination. 

Stuart Webber, this is your time. If you thought your last appointment was important, this is 100x more serious. 

Go out there and bring back Norwich City's next managerial legend. You can do it. 

• Like 1

Disagree that Dyche is on the way down. He is the epitomy of positivity in his personality and has loads to offer.  Your paragraph -

14 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

We need to cultivate an atmosphere throughout the club now of us against the world. Norwich, with our meagre resources but good intentions, fighting to show the world that money isn't everything and a club with a good spirit and honest, hard working attitude that puts fans first can be a success in the dirty money world of billionaires and oil states and their disgusting exploitation of others. We need a manager who can cultivate that sort of attitude through his own fire and determination. 

sums up Dyche pretty well.

On the up... Not sure... But 100% no baggage.  Duncan Ferguson... I quite like the idea... @Terminally Yellow just posted his name and more details here.. 

I would say he is top of my growing list. We need unrelenting passion. 

31 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

...someone on the up, rather than on the way down. Sam Seaman just made this point on the Pink Un youtube show - and it's really struck a chord with me. 

People like Parker, Gerrard, Dyche, Wilder, Bruce (god no) - all should not get a look in. The threads I have read saying "Would you take Warnock until the end of the season?" - you people can **** right off. 

Stuart Webber, this is your time. If you thought your last appointment was important, this is 100x more serious. 

Go out there and bring back Norwich City's next managerial legend. You can do it. 

Yes to most of that. I would add that someone on the way up might mean someone who doesn’t get us back up this season, and that fans need to understand that.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Knutsen rejected Brighton so let's just be realistic and rule that one out immediately.

I know he said he wasn't interested but I have a hard time believing he was their first choice over De Zerbi.

The club have said that the objective remains promotion this season. That rules out most managers on the lists I've seen.

I'm warming to the idea of Dyche.

It won't be a Johnny Foreigner with no idea of English/Championship football. Quote from Webber...

Canaries sporting director Stuart Webber added: "This was a tough decision, but one that we felt was necessary to give ourselves the best possible chance of achieving our objective of promotion to the Premier League this season.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The club have said that the objective remains promotion this season. That rules out most managers on the lists I've seen.

It won't be a Johnny Foreigner with no idea of English/Championship football. Quote from Webber...

Canaries sporting director Stuart Webber added: "This was a tough decision, but one that we felt was necessary to give ourselves the best possible chance of achieving our objective of promotion to the Premier League this season.

Wasn’t this something like ‘this was a tough decision, but one that we felt was necessary to give ourselves the best possible chance of achieving our objective of surviving in the premier league this season’ when we sacked DF? 

Just saying 😂

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well they have to say that, but it doesn’t mean they won’t make an appointment that accepts non-promotion provided they think it is the best longer-term choice.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

That’s because he is a massive Canaries fan 

Haha I'd take it if he was!

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Wasn’t this something like ‘this was a tough decision, but one that we felt was necessary to give ourselves the best possible chance of achieving our objective of surviving in the premier league this season’ when we sacked DF? 

Just saying 😂

Haha, yeah you're right.

I still think it will be a manager with history or form as the cops say.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Knutsen rejected Brighton so let's just be realistic and rule that one out immediately.

He's also come out since and said he's not interested in any offers and is 100% focused on Bodo. 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

He's also come out since and said he's not interested in any offers and is 100% focused on Bodo. 

But he hasn't been invited to Norfolk has he?!

Get agent Tettey on it.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes to most of that. I would add that someone on the way up might mean someone who doesn’t get us back up this season, and that fans need to understand that.

My problem with Smith was not that he wasn't taking us up. It was that I couldn't see any progress towards a competitive PL team at all. Would much prefer the latter to the former, even if it takes a while. In fact, you could argue it's better for us not to be promoted until Attanasio is firmly at the wheel.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Well they have to say that, but it doesn’t mean they won’t make an appointment that accepts non-promotion provided they think it is the best longer-term choice.

To make an appointment in our current position that accepts non-promotion is an absurd notion. 

Edited by Hook's-Walk-Canary

42 minutes ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

To make an appointment in our current position that accepts non-promotion is an absurd notion. 

Agreed. I'm not buying into that. 

May as well have kept Smith. 

• Like 1

I think playoffs and a return to having a style of play are the requirements now. Actual promotion through playoffs obviously desirable but they're 'a lottery'. A top 2 finish is possible but ublikely.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

May as well have kept Smith. 

No because he didn't have a style of play and we would have likely ended up way out of the playoffs had we kept him.