Sign in to follow this  
Coneys Knee

Give the local journalists a hand…

No, not that kind of hand, but maybe we could give them some ideas? 

If you could ask one sensible question to Stuart Webber and one sensible question to  Dean Smith, what would they be?

I’d like to ask Stuart Webber about head coach succession planning and what he saw in Dean Smith that would offer the continuity in philosophy/style that he talked of when he first took over.

To Dean Smith, I’d like to ask why it is he believes Pukki is misfiring despite scoring 30 a season in each of his previous championship seasons.

Considering Webber has cut ties with local media the first part of that is moot. If we ignore that fact I'd like to ask him an open ended question. What's changed?

To Dean Smith I'd ask where he sees this team being tactically in 3 and 6 months time. 

I think a lot of the early Farke/Webber buy in was about embracing what they were trying to build. We have none of that now.

I’d ask Dean what his line to signify success or failure was, with a time frame and whether he would walk away should the latter be realised. 

Id ask Webber whether he feels his player recruitment for the last two years has proven successful on balance with regard to value added and contribution to the first team’s position 

6 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’d ask Dean what his line to signify success or failure was, with a time frame and whether he would walk away should the latter be realised. 

Id ask Webber whether he feels his player recruitment for the last two years has proven successful on balance with regard to value added and contribution to the first team’s position 

I think he’d answer something along the lines of “we can’t judge those players until they’ve had a fair crack in League One”

• Haha 1

I’d ask Smith how he felt when C&A left the high street. 

As for Webber it would have to be what imaginary job was he offered that would have tripled his wages. 

I'd like to ask Stuart how quickly can we expect to see further investment from the US and a change in ownership?

For Dean, why is Max Aarons not attacking as much as he used to and why are we not playing with typical wide players?

I’d ask Dean why we never play the way he talks about us wanting to play? 

I’d ask Webber why we haven’t been able to attract more established players at the levels we play at even though we’ve clearly spent big money for us on unknown players. 

14 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

No, not that kind of hand, but maybe we could give them some ideas? 

If you could ask one sensible question to Stuart Webber and one sensible question to  Dean Smith, what would they be?

I’d like to ask Stuart Webber about head coach succession planning and what he saw in Dean Smith that would offer the continuity in philosophy/style that he talked of when he first took over.

To Dean Smith, I’d like to ask why it is he believes Pukki is misfiring despite scoring 30 a season in each of his previous championship seasons.

I'd ask Dean Smith does our defence give him actual nightmares.

I'd ask Webber does he waste his personal money as easily as he does his employers. Does he drop £20 in street and think ah fcuk it I can't be bothered to bend down to pick it up. When the cashier at Sainsburys says that will be £90 please sir does he say, I tell you what I'll give you £120. I doubt it, It's easy to be wasteful when it isn't yours. TOOL

Edited by Mullet

6 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'd ask Stuart Webber whether he is comfortable taking 100% of his pay for 90% effort.

Has he started putting in 90% effort then? 🤔

Do they acknowledge that the amazing togetherness between fans, players, manager and owners has been sadly eroded and even more sadly is becoming toxic?