ricardo

Annual Report

My copy of the accounts arrived through the letter box this morning. Looks like we made a profit of 3 million but lost 26 million excluding player trading.

76 pages, packed with colour illustrations. They've spent a few quid on that this year.

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1

Looking forward to seeing The Guild Of Fag Packet Accountants get stuck into this! 🙂

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Yep, just opened mine. Looking forward to persons more qualified than me picking the bones out of it...

Yes, my fag packet accountancy lapsed when I gave up smoking 50 years ago.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

My copy of the accounts arrived through the letter box this morning. Looks like we made a profit of 3 million but lost 26 million excluding player trading.

With nobody left to sell, no wonder Webber is "ready to leave", just before the brewing sh*tstorm.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Looking forward to seeing The Guild Of Fag Packet Accountants get stuck into this! 🙂

No need.

We're f*cked if we don't sell players. 

Nobody wants Max Aarons and everybody realised Cantwell is a dud.

Therefore we're on the way to being f*cked.

The end.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Sad 1

They've spent a few quid on that this year.

Will save a decent wedge on printing costs if the yank can buy out lots of small shareholders.

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No need.

The end.

Aarons and Cantwells value does seem to be slipping by the month. Would we even get £20m for the pair in January when teams are desperate? 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Aarons and Cantwells value does seem to be slipping by the month. Would we even get £20m for the pair in January when teams are desperate? 

Cantwell can sign a pre-contract in January with any club outside England to join on a free transfer in the summer, so any fee we'd get would be negligible.

Wouldn't blame him if he tried to resurrect his career in the Netherlands and it would probably suit his game. 

I should imagine the up front fee we'd get for Aarons would be pretty small, his form is terrible and he's weak at the back post. These teams who all want him on loan clearly have some concerns, I reckon a deal would be like £8m to £10m up front but with loads of clauses which could take it up to £18m-£20m if he succeeds plus big sell on percentage. 

Clearly there is a reluctance to commit to our valuation, which no doubt would be something like £20m?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

76 pages, packed with colour illustrations. They've spent a few quid on that this year.

What would the lead time be on 76 page glossy brochure, it must've been produced before Mr Attanasio was confirmed as a Director.

Good news for EssexCanary is there is a sheet included for questions, bad news for him is that it's only A4.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Cantwell can sign a pre-contract in January with any club outside England to join on a free transfer in the summer, so any fee we'd get would be negligible.

Wouldn't blame him if he tried to resurrect his career in the Netherlands and it would probably suit his game. 

Just Aarons then, £10m with add ons would seem fair. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just Aarons then, £10m with add ons would seem fair. 

Snap, just edited my post to say £8m to £10m with loads of add ons, great minds!

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

What would the lead time be on 76 page glossy brochure

Probably not long at all as they have a supplier who prints 23+ programmes a season?

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I am still waiting for the advance notice of the EGM on September 12 to drop through my letterbox…🥳

53 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No need.

The end.

No need for further comments from you then. If only…

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I am still waiting for the advance notice of the EGM on September 12 to drop through my letterbox…🥳

AGM November 10th

56 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

No need for further comments from you then. If only…

Award for the least apt username goes to...

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

You can ask for documentation to be sent electronically.

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

The website says,

"Prior to any player trading, the group made an operating profit of £3.0m. However, the club made significant purchases in respect of player trading, therefore the group’s results show a loss before tax of £23.6m"

I haven't looked at the accounts yet, but this implies that the loss is due to player trading. If true, it sort of knocks on the head that the way to stay up is spending more than you have?

If I've understood it correctly also reports that we made nearly £6.5 million on player loans?

So we lost  £23m despite receiving £100 m from TV etc. Am I right in saying that without the TV money we would have lost £123 m ? Overdraft charges would have been interesting!

I see the total basic fees for Sara and Nunez plus the Ramsey loan are put at £10.5m. That would certainly make the Sara basic price less than the £10m-£11m quoted in some reports from Brazil. The total potential add-ons are given as £4.5m.

PS. And it seems someone has bought £10m worth of C-preference shares.

Edited by PurpleCanary

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

So we lost  £23m despite receiving £100 m from TV etc. Am I right in saying that without the TV money we would have lost £123 m ? Overdraft charges would have been interesting!

No, because we wouldn’t have spent money we weren’t getting.😎

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

If I've understood it correctly also reports that we made nearly £6.5 million on player loans?

Haven't got my copy yet but is that income of £6.5m or a profit of £6.5m?

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

With nobody left to sell, no wonder Webber is "ready to leave", just before the brewing sh*tstorm.

What fascinates me about you is you dismiss the validity in the use of statistics to try and evaluate performance and plan for the future, while somehow believing everybody running the club should actually be capable of magic, look into their crystal balls, and see whether any decisions they make will actually work, because that's the standard you seem to judge them by. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Haven't got my copy yet but is that income of £6.5m or a profit of £6.5m?

Income.

image.png.313739cef79e7f3beafd69a10057ab53.png

19 minutes ago, Badger said:

Wages (Staff costs) nearly doubled - £118 million - up from £67 million. 

Breakdown of staff costs -  wages were £91 million, up from £55 million - which excludes loan players as far as I can see.

image.png.b033aa360c1f12ff88dea1ac35610800.png