Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Why do I feel sorry for Worthy?

I was just browsing though the worthy out website and for some reason i felt very guilty. Now don''t get me wrong, I do want him to leave for reasons that are obvious (Awful team performance, Low League Position, No clue when it comes to new players, loanees and Youth and his talent to waste money i.e. Etuhu & Hughes) but i still feel sorta sorry for him! I keep thinking if I was him, I''d feel really down when he saw the worthy outers, the protest etc. In my mind I keep thinking that he may ruin the club with his "best" effects! Has anyone else felt like this or am i just too caring?

There is good enough reason to feel sorry for him. The way some people go on its as if they want something dreadful to happen to him. Imagine having your face on the back of car windows and protests to get you out. It cant be nice at all.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]There is good enough reason to feel sorry for him. The way some people go on its as if they want something dreadful to happen to him. Imagine having your face on the back of car windows and protests to get you out. It cant be nice at all.[/quote]

I bet you''d probably do what they told you though

If it bothered him that much he would resign, Besides he''s not poor from the job is he? The only reason he is still here is to get a big payoff, So no I dont feel sorry for him at all! His signings tactics and hard work ethic have drove me to despair. I am Angry at the sound of his voice during his crap and dull post match interviews. I honestly also believe that if he were at any other club in the country he would of been sacked by now!

I dont hate the man and appreciate what he did, but every day that he spends here now makes me begin to dislike him more, I only hope that he is gone soon.

As a person he comes accross as a honest hardworking and nice man - its

now clear he isnt a gd manager 4 our club right now 5 years ago

brilliant and i am sure that i speak for most of the people in that i

wish him the best of luck at his next job.

I do feel sorry for him in some respects because he obviously is trying his best but sadly its not enough. I don''t feel sorry however due to his attitude to the fans... "I don''t care what the fans think" etc etc.

I feel no sorrow for worthy, he sent Mackay, Nedergaard., Eddy, Svennson on their way quick sharp what goes round comes round. He has earned a lot of money from our club and is well off, you get paid the money if you don''t deliver you get the chop. I thank him for his efforts, but the longer he stays the worse he will be remembered, especially if a new manager can''t turn around the problems he has created.

Can you imagine going into next season with fans turning up at the first game with Worthy Out T Shirts on!!! It is a total disaster waiting to happen due to the short sightedness of the board.  Every dog has its day, and worthy probably needs a new challenge as much as we need rid of him.

Let me assist in your malady

That man gets paid a considerable amount of folding each and every month to manage a football team successfully.  No what your definition of success might be one thing is for certain, the last 18 months have been a total and abject disaster.  What is it, 18 or 19 wins in 70 games or something like that?

If he was a man of honesty and principle as he’s have us all believe surely to god he would have done the honourable thing by now and resigned?  The last time I could be bothered to look he was still coming up with half baked semiliterate drivel in the local press and is still very much the bloke that is being paid to **** up our football club on a weekly basis.

What’s more, that man actually dares to stick two fingers up at the fans on an increasingly regular basis and quite a few don’t even realise it.  Take the public criticism of Huckerby for ‘show boating’ as an example.  Strangely enough Nige me old mate that why I come to Carrow Road, it’s that thing called entertainment which you fail to grasp.

That man is blighting a part of my life I hold dear and spend a fair bit of wedge following and I want him gone and I want him gone now.

I feel not one gram of pity for him

I have a lot of sympathy for ol Nige. Regulars will know that i have posted a fair few WO posts for a while now, but I do not have a bad word to say about the bloke non-footballing wise. At the end of the day he is a great bloke who has unfortunately taken us to an unacceptable position on the pitch. I certainly do not blame Worthington for his continued stay, would you walk out on a 12 month contract?????? Like everyone else, he has a family and needs to support them. I blame the board for not sacking him and making him take more and more flack. I feel for the bloke though, and the thought of his kids getting stick at school and stuff makes me very unhappy. My anger goes to those who keep him in situ, not Nige for staying put. Besides the rot at this club is far deeper than the manager, if he resigned what about the others?

[quote user="Ian Farrow"]

If it bothered him that much he would resign, Besides he''s not poor from the job is he? The only reason he is still here is to get a big payoff, So no I dont feel sorry for him at all! His signings tactics and hard work ethic have drove me to despair. I am Angry at the sound of his voice during his crap and dull post match interviews. I honestly also believe that if he were at any other club in the country he would of been sacked by now!

I dont hate the man and appreciate what he did, but every day that he spends here now makes me begin to dislike him more, I only hope that he is gone soon.

[/quote]Pay off? Where have you people been for the last three and a half months! He is on a one year rolling contract - even when we were promoted. That means they renew it once a season which I should imagine would be in the summer like with all of the players contracts. That means it would not be a big pay off just as all of the board have already said.Which leads me to my second point. Why didn''t anyone make a fuss when Doncaster said that? Surely that was a hint to Worthington to pick up the results to - remember where you stand sort of thing.Hysterics is madness dressed up with a little bit of panic!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I feel no sorrow for worthy, he sent Mackay, Nedergaard., Eddy, Svennson on their way quick sharp what goes round comes round. He has earned a lot of money from our club and is well off, you get paid the money if you don''t deliver you get the chop. I thank him for his efforts, but the longer he stays the worse he will be remembered, especially if a new manager can''t turn around the problems he has created.

Can you imagine going into next season with fans turning up at the first game with Worthy Out T Shirts on!!! It is a total disaster waiting to happen due to the short sightedness of the board.  Every dog has its day, and worthy probably needs a new challenge as much as we need rid of him.

[/quote]Nedergaard went of his own accord, I think he even stated that he had wanted to retire prior to his last couple of seasons!!! Eddy we know about - he says he wanted to stay but did not accept the original contract and took to long over the second he was offered. From what it looks like to me he wanted more money so we said fine but only one season deal then. He took his time deliberating whilst also looking at offers from elsewhere and the club (not just Worthy) decided to pull the plug - fair play.Svensson defenitely left of his own accord - no doubt about it. He wasn''t forced out at all. As for getting paid a lot of money for us I wouldnt say he gets anymore than any other manager and at least he was honest and fair enough to sign a one year rolling contract. You guys really do have to make up dirt to throw don''t you?Can''t you just be happy with the fact that this season is poor result and performance wise and that is the sole reason for him to leave?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Ian Farrow"]

[/quote]

Pay off? Where have you people been for the last three and a half months! He is on a one year rolling contract - even when we were promoted. That means they renew it once a season which I should imagine would be in the summer like with all of the players contracts. That means it would not be a big pay off just as all of the board have already said.

Which leads me to my second point. Why didn''t anyone make a fuss when Doncaster said that? Surely that was a hint to Worthington to pick up the results to - remember where you stand sort of thing.

Hysterics is madness dressed up with a little bit of panic!
[/quote]

He is on a rolling 12 month contract - he always has 12months left -

Chicken,suffering from birdflu are we?I think you`ll find that a years rolling contract means exactly that i.e effectively Worthy has one year to go on his contract each time he gets up for work.

[quote user="Johnny Hill"]He doesnt have to put up with it. Any other normal thinking person would walk. So worthless leave, before you wreck our club!!![/quote]That is just it though. Thats why he should be given more respect that he is by a lot of outers.Keegan for all his greatness would have walked. Rednap love him or hate him, would have walked. Dave Jones, would walk. Paul Jewell would walk.All of those great managers records wise and yet when the heat gets turned by they pack their bags and are off before you can say coward!Worthington is at list trying to put things right. Like I have said before if we are to get someone in it has to be someone better - in every department.Someone who is going to get the team to work hard and committed as Worthington has done untill recently, and also someone who is prepared to stick at it if success is not instant.When that is found then fine I would accept that Worthington should go, and I do now but not untill the board is sure that they have the RIGHT replacement. Worthington has been more committed to this club than many of the players we have seen over the last few years and I would not mind seeing him in charge next season if the right man or ment could not be found to replace him.Bowen would be a good prospect, Crook and even our very own Neil Adams would also look promising for the future. We have to make sure that it is not a short term manager who is not prepared to work at it otherwise we will be looking at another six years in the wilderness which I dont think anyone wants.

Being one of those behind the website .. I too feel sorry for him. not one of us have any joy left anymore. I don''t want those excellent memories at City Hall  to be lost forever swallowed up by what happened after.

There can not be any sentiment in football ask Malkay (twice it happened to him) Iwan.. and some of the others who got paid well but gave their all to get us there. to deemed not good enough by the manager. and now the manager is deemed not good enough by many supporters (note I am not saying all supporters) 

he has done a good job for our club  but now ... I do feel a little sympathy for him.. and admire his belief in himself.. sadly I cannot share in that with him anymore...

[quote user="chicken"]

Nedergaard went of his own accord, I think he even stated that he had wanted to retire prior to his last couple of seasons!!!

Eddy we know about - he says he wanted to stay but did not accept the original contract and took to long over the second he was offered. From what it looks like to me he wanted more money so we said fine but only one season deal then. He took his time deliberating whilst also looking at offers from elsewhere and the club (not just Worthy) decided to pull the plug - fair play.

Svensson defenitely left of his own accord - no doubt about it. He wasn''t forced out at all. As for getting paid a lot of money for us I wouldnt say he gets anymore than any other manager and at least he was honest and fair enough to sign a one year rolling contract. You guys really do have to make up dirt to throw don''t you?

Can''t you just be happy with the fact that this season is poor result and performance wise and that is the sole reason for him to leave?
[/quote]

All I am saying is he shipped people out easily enough so why should we feel bad if he gets shipped out.....  not putting any form of blame to him over why they left, in this case.

i posted on saturday that i feel sorry for worthy and how this season has turned out. it can''t be a pleasant experience for him, if it was me i''d be long gone by now.  i can''t say i feel guilty - my loyalty is to norwich city, and as far as i''m concerned we need a new manager.  it happens in football and in life, that things just run their natural course - its not being nasty to nigel to say, look old mate - thanks for what you''ve done and all that, but in the best interests of all, maybe its time to move on.  if worthy was a player, he''d been dropped by now and possibly given a free transfer - the performace has been that poor.  holt was a loyal servant, but when he played like he had 1 lung instead of 3, we thanked him and he had the guts to step down 2 divisions - typical of the man to recognise at what level his talents were - no b/s.  imo, worthy has come up short getting the best out of quality players - fair dues he got average players to gel and play above their normal level of ability, but i''ve been saying it for a while now, not the decent pro''s. I don''t know why this is, and probably he doesn''t if not he could change it.  

spot on bury green , how much longer do we have to stand this mish~ mash ?, can i take you back to one of his buys in the transfer markets ? paul crighton , goalkeeper from burnley res 30 yr + 1.50k fee , i thought this a bit strange , as they give you as many as you can take for free , it later transpired he was an old mate of good old nigel ,a nice pick up of 15 grand , with poor old city picking up the bill, i could go on with the transfer of neil emblem from wolves but i think it would be to painful for all to take .do you remember when the job was open at sheff wed ? nigel put him self forward through the local press," i must listen if i am offerd the job" we had the city board running round like wild eyed rabbits, with contracts coming out of their ears, of course sheff wed did not want him , if they had i would have given him a ride to sheffield in my old van and i would have found room for livermore and foley in the back , if i had run out of diesel 3 miles from the stadium i would have willingly pushed them , it would have meant good old nigel leaning over steering ,providing he could do it. 

[quote user="garydohertylegend"]

check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwich_City_F.C.

it shows what Worthy has done for the club.

[/quote]

exactly doc whart he has done in the past...   Not what he is doing to the club at the moment.  As barry skipper said 1 week is a long time ini football..  2 years of losing matches is an incredibly long time.

I challenge you to name 2 good performances in 2006??  I challenge you to tell me what he has fixed in the half a year since our dire start in september??  What problems has he recognised that he will be fixing??  what is the difference between Saturdays no show and the wolves debacle 4 months ago?? or prestoin at home 2 months ago or even Fulham away 10 months ago?? what improvements has he made in this time and 40 or so matches?? he has even brought in 3 premiership players - what has changed??

I will tell you what he has acheived..  NOTHING, nothing has changed, nothing has improved, in fact its getting WORSE as every week goes by.....