Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

Today's team

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Not delighted with the lack of changes. Ramsey and Sargent out wide just doesn't work in my view. 

A lot of players out of position in that team on Tuesday night

I'm usually behind Smith but I must say I'm disappointed to see no changes. I thought the Reading game demonstrated a need to freshen things up, and several pegs not quite round enough for their holes.

Even just to get minutes in the legs for those that haven't started in a while, to keep things ticking over going into a very tough sequence.

Edited by Mason 47
  • Like 2

Hugely frustrating with reverting to playing Sargent out of position as I'm sure Josh is too. Guess that's the problem trying to fit two lone strikers in the same team

Edited by AJ
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

Hugely frustrating with reverting to playing Sargent out of position as I'm sure Josh is too. Guess that's the problem trying to fit two lone strikers in the same team

Yes. Agree. I'd rather have one that gets some proper service rather then two with none.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes. Agree. I'd rather have one that gets some proper service rather then two with none.

Rather see us playing two up top with Sargent and Pukki side by side.. God knows Pukki needs support and playig alongside another striker is what helped him become finlands all time top goal scorer 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

I have noticed in the past couple of games Sargent has looked very frustrated. There was one instance where Pukki couldn't quite cut the ball back to him and he was raging, throwing his arms around and everything. Very out of character.

My personal suspicion is that he's been told to keep doing what he's doing and he'll be on the plane for Qatar. And he's then been shuffled out onto the wing, going from match-winning striker to 4 out of 10 wide target man. Pukki is still Championship royalty but I can understand if Sargent is a bit narked off. 

• Like 1

This not only risks wasting Sargent, but also Ramsey. He contributed almost nothing going forward on Tuesday and he also did little to provide support for Byram. 

I also don't know why Hugill gets the cut ahead of Cantwell. We have two players on the field, either of which could take the lone striker role if one of them gets injured. Do we really need Hugill more than someone to link attack and defence?

And when are we going to see Sara?