Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Five consecutive wins...

And there's no threads about the current team and their performances. Except the one moaning about the first 25 minutes of the second half.

Perhaps we're all closet miserableists ...

🙃

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

And there's no threads about the current team and their performances. Except the one moaning about the first 25 minutes of the second half.

🙃

Feel free to come out of the closet Nigel 

😎

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

I'm out there in the open Nutty, fimly in the "it'll never last" group.🤣

Big test on Friday that's for sure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Big test on Friday that's for sure.

Seems a funny thing to say but  Burnley are the first real decent footballing side we've faced this season. Burnley Decent Football. The world has truly gone upside down.

• Haha 2

I see Ashley Ward's been added now. Make hay while the sun shines because defeat on Friday will leave no room for such trivialities 🙃

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

🙃

The official match thread was still only 6 pages long about an hour after full-time, I thought the forum must've been down...

• Haha 1

🙃

Cambridge gets stick if he starts new ones. 

Have you seen Les Miserables? (Also known as the City Stand).

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

The official match thread was still only 6 pages long about an hour after full-time, I thought the forum must've been down...

We were all back in the closet🙃

Win 5 games = "Proves nothing about Dean Smith"

Lose 1 game = "See told you Smith is rubbish"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Win 5 games = "Proves nothing about Dean Smith"

Lose 1 game = "See told you Smith is rubbish"

🤣 I think your spot on . Beat Burnley and everybody on here will be so happy🙃

• Like 1

🙃

Come, come Nutty.......you know I'm way out in the open 😀

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I get stick regardless of what I post😉

You love it though 😂

11 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Come, come Nutty.......you know I'm way out in the open 😀

You could start a thread "what 5 wins on the trot means to me"🙃

🙃

I started a thread right after the game with a largely positive analysis of the performance. And I'm pretty negative much of the time... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I started a thread right after the game with a largely positive analysis of the performance. And I'm pretty negative much of the time... 

More shame on us closet miserableists🙃

Edited by nutty nigel

28 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You could start a thread "what 5 wins on the trot means to me"🙃

I could do but my thoughts on our current winning streak are already posted on the ‘ Do You Actually Want Promotion ? ‘ thread.

Page 7.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I could do but my thoughts on our current winning streak are already posted on the ‘ Do You Actually Want Promotion ? ‘ thread.

Page 7.

You'll be thankful I keep bumping that up after every win. Will I have to take a break on Friday? 

My take on that is that I only went once in 20/21 in a small crowd when we beat Sheffield Wednesday so that season was the least enjoyable of all our promotions. Probably the least enjoyable of my previous 53 seasons (even the relegations). So a promotion winning season would be most welcome to me.

5 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

🙃

It’s all a bit weird Nutty I reckon. Much of last season I was surrounded by very angry fans who were keen to get rid of Farke and very angry we weren’t competitive saying how can we be expected to watch this week in week out . 
Winning 1-0 against Coventry they’d nearly all disappeared by 40 minutes to get a drink and missed the second goal. Didn’t seem too bothered .

After the sheer bloody misery of last season , only missed a few games , me and the people I go with promised ourselves to fill our boots  if we start winning again. We are and it’s bloody marvellous. 

So that’s what we’re doing , and I’ll be in the cricket club pre Burnley getting the pints down us doing just that .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You'll be thankful I keep bumping that up after every win. Will I have to take a break on Friday? 

My take on that is that I only went once in 20/21 in a small crowd when we beat Sheffield Wednesday so that season was the least enjoyable of all our promotions. Probably the least enjoyable of my previous 53 seasons (even the relegations). So a promotion winning season would be most welcome to me.

You know I don’t want us to lose Nutty but you know a personal matter affected me badly albeit not helped by what happened on the pitch. We all know your  enthusiasm seems unbounded but I suspect even you are weary of it all as you post a lot less than previously.

If it floats your boat do keep bumping that up and I hope you can do so forever and a day.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

More shame on us closet miserableists🙃

You need something to cheer you up. A bit of entertainment. A west end show, perhaps. A musical to sing along to.                Less Miserable should do the trick.🙂

Edited by PockthorpePete
  • Haha 1