Report this

Dean Smith is a loser, and if you continue to support him regardless I don’t really know what to tell you, but you’re a loser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Abuse???? 😂😂😂My word you must live the most sheltered of lives up there in the Lakes 🙄

I'm well aware what is abuse and what isn't. The first line of the op says it all.

Just now, lake district canary said:

I'm well aware what is abuse and what isn't. The first line of the op says it all.

A wise man said once

”You’re a c@&t Webber”

and he was right

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Abuse is abuse. No need for it.

Anger, disappointment, frustration yes, I understand it and feel some of it too - but I don't want to read abusive posts.

no abuse is good but webber did abuse some fans outside Carrow road Also so if you give it out you must take it 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Oooh, you know how to disuise a banned word. Aren't you clever.

Not.

I am pretty clever tbf 😂

It's ridiculous the flack Webber gets. All those so adamant that Farke had run his course now make a scapegoat out of Webber for doing what they wanted and it not working. Maybe they should take a look in the mirror if they're looking for scapegoats. 

Lesson to take from this is that any future DoF should never ever do press interviews; leave that to the head coach. 

Liked Robin Sainty's piece this morning, which added a bit of perspective to yesterday's disappointment. 

Overall, there are glimmers of something good in there. If the stupid mistakes are ironed out then this can still be a good season, so unless a really really tantalising managerial candidate comes knocking then may as well stick with it in my view. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's ridiculous the flack Webber gets. All those so adamant that Farke had run his course now make a scapegoat out of Webber for doing what they wanted and it not working. Maybe they should take a look in the mirror if they're looking for scapegoats. 

Lesson to take from this is that any future DoF should never ever do press interviews; leave that to the head coach. 

Liked Robin Sainty's piece this morning, which added a bit of perspective to yesterday's disappointment. 

Overall, there are glimmers of something good in there. If the stupid mistakes are ironed out then this can still be a good season, so unless a really really tantalising managerial candidate comes knocking then may as well stick with it in my view. 

This^^^ 

It makes any abuse he gets even more ridiculous. Criticism is fine, but abuse is just ugly.

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Spot on! But you will, no doubt, get flak for being balanced and rational. That's a cardinal sin on this site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if this American 'takeover' ever happens if they will bring in someone new to replace Webber? I get the feeling his heart isn't really in it any more, hence all this mountain climbing ****. There was a time when he was the rising star being linked to the top job at Manchester United but with two immediate Premier League relegations on his CV I doubt any big club would be interested now.

He's presumably on good money with his wife on the board and he's altogether too comfy here. Despite all his "I'm leaving in a year" rubbish (how many years ago was that now?) I expect he'll be here until he's sacked.

24 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Where is this please?

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It's a slippery slope. Once one person thinks it's ok to be abusive, then others soon join in. And yes I think the words he used in the op are unacceptable - and don't come across as light hearted either. It's abusive.

All I can say Lakey is if you think my OP is "abusive", don't ever look at twitter, bless your sheltered little cotton socks. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I think it was understandable that Webber would have wanted to oversee a Premier League survival after the failure of 19/20. I’m sure two relegations will have damaged his stock, of course they will. But like Farke - who was another of his  successes - I’d prefer in years to come to reflect upon the success Webber has helped bring. 

Given the cyclical nature of things, there will of course be an end to the Webber era. I hope things pick up before that comes around and his time ends on a positive note. 

Even if it doesn’t - targeted, personal abuse is always a step too far (and likewise with Smith & Shakespeare); step back and separate the professional from the human doing the job. I don’t rate Smith particularly, but I’m certainly not going to start dropping C-bombs on him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrdi said:

I think it was understandable that Webber would have wanted to oversee a Premier League survival after the failure of 19/20. I’m sure two relegations will have damaged his stock, of course they will. But like Farke - who was another of his  successes - I’d prefer in years to come to reflect upon the success Webber has helped bring. 

Given the cyclical nature of things, there will of course be an end to the Webber era. I hope things pick up before that comes around and his time ends on a positive note. 

Even if it doesn’t - targeted, personal abuse is always a step too far (and likewise with Smith & Shakespeare); step back and separate the professional from the human doing the job. I don’t rate Smith particularly, but I’m certainly not going to start dropping C-bombs on him. 

My initial feelings regarding player recruitment this season is pretty positive. Nunez in particular looks a steal for his free kicks alone, but he does also look pretty sound in general.  

It does reinforce the point that the poor recruitment last year was probably more down to the loss of key people in the recruitment chain at a terrible time rather than Webber suddenly forgetting how to recruit players effectively. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

All I can say Lakey is if you think my OP is "abusive", don't ever look at twitter, bless your sheltered little cotton socks. 

Just because twitter is full of abuse, there is no need to put it on here as well.  Would you go up to Webber and say the first line of your op to his face? 

No? well that makes you a bit of a coward.

Yes? Well that makes you a rather thuggish personality. 

Either way it doesn't look good.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Just because twitter is full of abuse, there is no need to put it on here as well.  Would you go up to Webber and say the first line of your op to his face? 

Mate I called him a "turd", I haven't kicked his cat. Move on.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Then there's no pleasing you. 

Webber IS a turd, and a egotistical little man who should be shipped back to Leeds.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

It's tiresome but I think the answer is to simply leave the forum to them on matchdays moving forwards.

Now we all know as far as you are concerned hoggy that is never going to happen especially with two games coming up in four days. 😜

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I literally would say it to his face btw if he actually turned up at games anymore after running away after that guy called him a c&£t

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I literally would say it to his face btw if he actually turned up at games anymore after running away after that guy called him a c&£t

Ran out of the likes so you get a double 👍👍 (as I'd happily say it to his face also) 

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Whilst there is never a good way to tell somebody they are fired, the way the sacking of Daniel Farke was handled was unpleasant. The appointment of Dean Smith was a weird one, not even a potential replacement at the time of the sacking as he was still in a job and not the progressive, continental replacement we were lead to believe would be the case. The appointment looks unplanned and does not tie in with the succession planning Webber is so keen to talk about.

His spat with the fans was very unprofessional and his ongoing relationship with us is very poor.

You cannot doubt that in terms of the non football element of the club he has done a good job, we are financially secure, have a great training facility and an excellent academy.

Personally I think overall he has failed in terms of player recruitment and he needs to do something to improve that.

He is using the Huddersfield template at Norwich City but personally it appears to me that he has not learned the lessons from that project and we are now on the same trajectory as them.

So in a nutshell I am one of the fans that believe he should be criticised and he should be blamed/take responsibility for the poor run of results and I say that as someone who is by no means a rabid club basher............

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Whilst there is never a good way to tell somebody they are fired, the way the sacking of Daniel Farke was handled was unpleasant. The appointment of Dean Smith was a weird one, not even a potential replacement at the time of the sacking as he was still in a job and not the progressive, continental replacement we were lead to believe would be the case. The appointment looks unplanned and does not tie in with the succession planning Webber is so keen to talk about.

His spat with the fans was very unprofessional and his ongoing relationship with us is very poor.

You cannot doubt that in terms of the non football element of the club he has done a good job, we are financially secure, have a great training facility and an excellent academy.

Personally I think overall he has failed in terms of player recruitment and he needs to do something to improve that.

He is using the Huddersfield template at Norwich City but personally it appears to me that he has not learned the lessons from that project and we are now on the same trajectory as them.

So in a nutshell I am one of the fans that believe he should be criticised and he should be blamed/take responsibility for the poor run of results and I say that as someone who is by no means a rabid club basher............

Your opinions have always struck me as very level-headed.

Last year's recruitment was a disaster, but there was mitigation for that in the loss of key recruitment personnel in the summer transfer window. Early signs are that recruitment this last window was a lot better. 

We don't really know the ins and outs of the decision to sack Farke.We do know that it had been made before the game, we know that results had been awful, the play on the pitch was looking pretty horrific, and we also know that there was a very vocal, increasingly toxic, contingent (no matter what the revisionists say) convinced he couldn't take us any further, but possibly another manager (any manager) could. Personally, if he had to go, I'm happy that it happened after a win with people in good spirits instead of screaming that he was a 'clueless clown', which came up a lot in reference the Farke the preceding games. 

If you sack a manager, it will always come down to who you can get to do the job. Lampard was approached and didn't want it, presumably because he (rightly in my view) thought there was no chance of survival. Other names were rumoured to be in the mix but didn't want it. Smith decided he was interested in the challenge of trying to keep us up against the odds. In my opinion, keeping us up last year was simply impossible, so if Farke could be forgiven for the poor start last season (he could in my view) then Smith can definitely be forgiven for not improving things enough for us to survive in the Premier League. 

The template we have has resulted in consistent organic growth over several years against the odds. Even if this season doesn't go well, we have additional parachute payments coming to keep the club afloat, so there is no desperate urgency to our situation while it's clear that there are an awful lot of positives to take from the performances and new signings in spite of the disappointing results so far. 

There is a distinction to be made between making a criticism and making a criticism as ammunition to make a case for sacking people, which is the agenda of a lot of critics. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

I bumped into Mr Webber VERY near Carrow road less than two weeks ago. 

Its not fair on him to say where, or what he was doing (nothing illegal or immoral), but appeared to be a normal bloke enjoying some 'down time' with some work colleagues. He has hardly fled Carrow Road  as you suggest. 

I think he was at some of the friendlies too - but I recall he missed one as he was away for the signing of Sara (possibly Nunez).

But you keep going Bore - im sure he would listen to you if you wanted to call him something to his face! 

Did you go to the recent Fans Forum with Deano and Shakey - where you could have asked them directly your questions, and swelled the CSF pot by a fiver too. Every one is a winner

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's a Saturday night on the Pinkun forum when we've just lost and are bottom of the league. People are going to let off a bit of steam, it's all part of the experience. 

Great post Wolfie. Exactly right . This a football messaging board. I’ve trawled through the guff today - a mix of ranting, pseudo intellectual clap trap (mostly about stats) and petty squabbles between brave anonymous posters would wouldn’t dare say such things to peoples faces  .

We are bottom of the league . We have 1 point from three games that Smith would have targeted far more from when the fixtures came out . 

I’m thoroughly fùcked off by it all. 

And if anyone wants to tell me to chill out - please supply your true identity to us all and I will personally tell you to fück off at the next home game on Tuesday night . Because I will be there - upper Barclay . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Mate I called him a "turd"

Says it all. If you think and a few others think that is acceptable, so be it, but I don't look on here to see abusive language whether it's towards me or anyone else.  Just keep it civil. 

And @Graham Paddons Beard yes it's a football forum, we can all be pIssed off at the way the football is going, but gutter style name calling is not necessary nor justified.

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

but I don't look on here to see abusive language whether it's towards me or anyone else.  Just keep it civil. 

I didn't realise that this forum is all about you and your experience, is your middle name Karen?

The fans have a diversity of ideas and opinions, and the one I've expressed in the OP resonates with a proportion of them.

Personally I thought my post was an olive branch, an acknowledgement that all might not be lost for Webber, as long as he accepts quickly that Dean Smith just isn't 'the one'. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I don't believe I have ever initiated abuse on here. I may have reacted badly after a bad loss but that would be toward the club. But apart from some abusing employees of the club there are also some posters who personally abuse others who are considered abueive. So its endless.

Hoggy and I could argue over the stones in the hedgerow and it isn't good so I have him on the ignore button. He is passionate in his way, me in mine so its best to avoid each other.

But its natural that some people express their displeasure in more controversial ways. And their inconsistency is because of that passion that is so close to the surface.

I was shocked at Webber's reaction to supporters. He shouldn't have done it. He is working in an industry where success and failure, profit and loss and importantly supporters love can change on one game.

I think a bit of forgiveness toward others and a little less of the I'm the only one right iscalled for but if Tuesday doesn't go well I might be wasting my breath.

8 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Report this

Dean Smith is a loser, and if you continue to support him regardless I don’t really know what to tell you, but you’re a loser.

Careful mate, I think I did actually get banned for calling somebody a loser.

(Yes @Greavsy I did also fake a Greavsy quote for sh*t and giggles, and that may have contributed, just to save you the effort of typing that out).