Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Have we really messed up?

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

Given how little all of the players you mention contributed in terms of goal threat, he arguably should have been playing instead of any of them.

There are numerous tweaks where Tzolis could have come in for Gilmour or Normann with a bit of a shuffle in midfield drop McLean back to number 6 and Tzolis could play number 10 etc. We would have benefitted far more from playing our own players as soon as it was clear we were down.

I repeat again, the coaching staff will have witnessed his performances each day in training. Unless you have evidence that they purposely and unfairly picked on him IĀ fail to see how you, me, or any fan would be in a better position to judge who deserved to be in theĀ starting eleven.

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I repeat again, the coaching staff will have witnessed his performances each day in training. Unless you have evidence that they purposely and unfairly picked on him IĀ fail to see how you, me, or any fan would be in a better position to judge who deserved to be in theĀ starting eleven.

Fair enough, but the coaching staff can be wrong, you know.

17 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Fair enough, but the coaching staff can be wrong, you know.

Indeed they can, but I'd rather put my faith in theĀ considered judgement of coaches based on their day to day contact with players than the speculation of fans who believe that "so-and-so" would be brilliant if he was just given a chance. From the few performances that Tzolis made I saw no evidence that he deserved a place in front of the other players who leapt over him in the pecking order. IĀ doubt that Smith was unaware that not selectingĀ  the Ā£10m (?) Tzolis would be something that would make him unpopular with a vocal section of our supporters.Ā 

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Indeed they can, but I'd rather put my faith in theĀ considered judgement of coaches based on their day to day contact with players than the speculation of fans who believe that "so-and-so" would be brilliant if he was just given a chance. From the few performances that Tzolis made I saw no evidence that he deserved a place in front of the other players who leapt in front of him in the pecking order. IĀ doubt that Smith was unaware that not selectingĀ  the Ā£10m (?) Tzolis would be something that would make him unpopular with a vocal section of our supporters.Ā 

I'm sure he was well aware of its possible repercussions. Indeed, if Smith was as good at developing players as he is at producing PR platitudesĀ saying what people want to hear, he would be a stunning manager. Sadly, he isn't.Ā 

8 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I'm sure he was well aware of its possible repercussions. Indeed, if Smith was as good at developing players as he is at producing PR platitudesĀ saying what people want to hear, he would be a stunning manager. Sadly, he isn't.Ā 

Not sure where you get that from. Perhaps take a look at his record at Villa. After that have a word with Omobamidele, Rowe, Tomkinson, Springett, and Gibbs et al.

18 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Ask Grealish who got the best out of him to make him a 100m player.Ā 

Better still, you don't need to ask because he was very vocal about it on social media and in interviews.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ask Grealish who got the best out of him to make him a 100m player.Ā 

Better still, you don't need to ask because he was very vocal about it on social media and in interviews.

Not to mention the likes of Watkins etc at Brentford...Ā 

No, Smith is useless, stupid and somehow convinced the vast majority of people, including at least fourĀ clubs that he is worth employing as a head coach / manager.

Ā 

last year's video, you can see from 1:06 a copy carbon goal of the second goal he did for twente.Ā 

Ā 

short answer to the question: yes

long answer: you just wasted him a crucial year of his development

really long answer: you f*** up, you got so used to the idea the team only does boneheaded moves you couldnt wrap your head around the idea that this player was something really special.Ā 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Tzol Machine said:

Ā 

last year's video, you can see from 1:06 a copy carbon goal of the second goal he did for twente.Ā 

Ā 

really long answer: you f*** up, you got so used to the idea the team only does boneheaded moves you couldnt wrap your head around the idea that this player was something really special.Ā 

Well given a year out onĀ loan we will either benefit directly or more than make our money back. Special players force their way into teams, Tzolis didnā€™t. He isnā€™t coming back anytime soon regardless so move on until thenĀ 

49 minutes ago, Tzol Machine said:

Ā 

Ā 

Tzolis isn't going to f*ck you mate.

• Haha 1

Just giving this a revisit as Tzolis last looked good be Bournemouth in the cup. I can see he has okayed a solid collective 20 mins in the 2 games that followed his scoring exploits against the minnows. Twente saw fit to play him for 13 then 7 impact minutes in the next two. He made no impact. Hope he improves of course but just to temper that reactionary ā€˜have we messed upā€™ panic with a bit of balanceĀ 

• Like 1

On 12/08/2022 at 07:20, Richard Richard said:

Is this guy Tzolis' agent? šŸ¤”

I feel he's the guy who sold Aly Dia to Southampton šŸ¤£

On 14/08/2022 at 17:25, Tzol Machine said:

You're his mum aren't you?Ā 

Look, Farke destroyed his confidence, just as he did with Todd Cantwell and Adam Idah. Farke paid with his job, clearly we did "wrap our heads" around that, its a large part of the reason why he isn't here.

Dean Smith came into a mess, this loan is intended to rebuild his confidence, and it will probably work.

Cantwell, Idah, and Onel Hernandez are all being given, and taking, another chance under Dean Smith, and so will Tsoliz. Can probably add the other Greek to that, who clearly went into this season as our first choice left back. Another player that Farke couldn't find it within himself to put full faith in.

Its not the end of Tsoliz here.

On 14/08/2022 at 18:15, hogesar said:

Tzolis isn't going to f*ck you mate.

I wouldn't be so sure, they already have their tongue firmly planted in christos' Ć”rseĀ 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I wouldn't be so sure, they already have their tongue firmly planted in christos' Ć”rseĀ 

**** talk on a Wednesday morning, Iā€™m trying to enjoy my breakfast.Ā 

18 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

**** talk on a Wednesday morning, Iā€™m trying to enjoy my breakfast.Ā 

You're eating breakfast at 11am on a Wednesday? What decadence.Ā 

Edited by king canary

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

You're eating breakfast at 11am on a Wednesday? What decadence.Ā 

Theyā€™ve changed our shift patterns. 7am until 7.30pm now, Iā€™m loving them.Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I should bloody well hope not, its his mum isn't it? Surely?

Yeah,Ā  theyre from Greece,Ā  not IpswichĀ 

• Haha 1

On 12/08/2022 at 09:14, Branston Pickle said:

Thatā€™s just aĀ load of rubbish, shame you wasted all those words, they deserve better!

To be fair, the way English football, Premier League level at least, seems to have introduced VAR with the least positive impact on outcomes of decisions compared to any other sport seems very hard to exlplain to me, unless you entertain the possibility that the refereeing is just plain corrupt.Ā 

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

To be fair, the way English football, Premier League level at least, seems to have introduced VAR with the least positive impact on outcomes of decisions compared to any other sport seems very hard to exlplain to me, unless you entertain the possibility that the refereeing is just plain corrupt.Ā 

There's also the possibility (that maybe goes hand in hand with potential corruption) that VAR has deliberately been implemented badly to undermine it and give an excuse for getting rid in a couple of years with a "we tried but it just doesn't work in football" justification...

• Like 1

On 24/08/2022 at 11:46, Haus said:
On 24/08/2022 at 09:36, TeemuVanBasten said:

I should bloody well hope not, its his mum isn't it? Surely?

Christos' mum is called Shirley?Ā  So she did have a Baby with that waiter all those years ago.Ā 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Christos' mum is called Shirley?Ā  So she did have a Baby with that waiter all those years ago.Ā 

Well thats niche.

Christos ValentineĀ 

• Thanks 1

In the interest of balance, Tzolis scored and played a few more minutes of late. Looks like he is settling in with Twente now. Just waiting for him to turn water into wine and then Iā€™m convertedĀ 

9 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

In the interest of balance, Tzolis scored and played a few more minutes of late. Looks like he is settling in with Twente now. Just waiting for him to turn water into wine and then Iā€™m convertedĀ 

Is the Dutch league any good? I canā€™t say I know much about it. On par with Championship?

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

Is the Dutch league any good? I canā€™t say I know much about it. On par with Championship?

I reckon about that. Big hitters like Ajax, PSV, etc areĀ above championship and would be very comfortable in EPL but it thins out a bit below the top 3-4. Generally culturally they play the game the ā€˜right wayā€™ but as with any league they have their s***housers.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tzol Machine said:

Tzolis is really displaying his finishing talents.Ā 

All 3 goals so far are pure quality beating the goal keepers clean.Ā 

Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Tzol Machine said:

Tzolis is really displaying his finishing talents.Ā 

All 3 goals so far are pure quality beating the goal keepers clean.Ā 

Yeah, I hate a dirty goal šŸ˜‚