......and Smith must score.

Match Thread : England Women v Germany

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Fancy bringing the match ball on in a Volkswagen😳

It nearly took the ref out, after delivering the ball! 

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

England's centre forward is called White which is the most appropriate name for someone in this team. 

England's Hugill!

Why does the men's game get female officials (that I have no problem with), but the woman's game don't have male ones?

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The footballing dept of the EU showing its colours. England won't be allowed to win this.

Unless UKR need more tanks and missiles instead of Helmets

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

RAF flying over the Germans again I see.. 😉

Lancaster and two Spitfires?

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Why does the men's game get female officials (that I have no problem with), but the woman's game don't have male ones?

It’s equality, innit….but currently seems to be a little bit ‘un’equal.  I look forward to the day when it’s irrelevant. You want the best officials whether they are male, female (or AI).

Incidentally, I saw the commentators being hugely excited the other day that (for the first time ever) there’s more medals for women’s events than men’s at the Commonwealth games…apparently that is fantastic.  Call me old fashioned, but doesn’t ‘equal’ normally mean ‘the same’?  

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Can only imagine they want to avoid any allegations of mansplaining

35 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

England's centre forward is called White which is the most appropriate name for someone in this team. 

What a bizarre observation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What a bizarre observation. 

Alex hasn’t mentioned it 🙂

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Bit odd

What seeing Racism where there’s absolutely none… like each young lady in the starting 11 deserves to be there 

Yup!

43 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The state of this 

47 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

This is some “non-football, crying about Brexit and Donald Trump” shît right here

why don’t you pop back over there, the rest of the nation is enjoying the football, psychopath.

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Weirdly enough, I think that it’s an unintended side effect of the games success. Far more suburban white middle class girls take the game seriously these days rather than it just being random women of all creeds and colours from working class urban community projects.

When I was in school (typical white middle class state school) 20 odd years ago, the stereotype was that the girls played netball then basically gave up on sport when they were teenagers. I don’t think that’s the case these days.

Edited by Tetteys Jig