TeemuVanBasten

I do feel a bit for Billy Gilmour

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

No need for that, I don’t know what’s wrong with people.

I do Nuffo. They confuse what's going on on the pitch with what's going on in their lives. They are sad feckers, and feel much better after 90 mins of abusing someone.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Don’t feel sorry for him, he is on fantastic wages and has great life to look fwd to, whatever division he ends up on

You are very naive if you think he's guaranteed to have a ' great life' , plenty of examples of footballers who didn't.  

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

No need for that, I don’t know what’s wrong with people.

The usual answer to that question is "breathing". 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You are very naive if you think he's guaranteed to have a ' great life' , plenty of examples of footballers who didn't.  

I didn’t gtee it , but I think it’s very likely, he has had it great so far

There's a big difference between some chants and yells and widespread "vitriol." The former is a normal part of every player's career at some point. The latter I have not seen any evidence of?

2 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Sorry, I'm not reading 7 paragraphs on wee Billy.

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes, a bit much to read on a hot day - but if the gist is feeling a bit sorry for the guy, then yes I’m probably with you.  Transfers don’t always work out though, such is life.

Why are you logging on to a web forum where we communicate in the form of written posts if don't want to read?? 

Weird. 

1 hour ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Stop it. He's a privileged adult getting paid well to play a game for a living. He was terrible and deserved criticism. If he can't take it he's in the wrong damn profession.

There's a significant difference between criticism and 

This is frankly a disgrace to sing at your own player in any circumstance. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Why are you logging on to a web forum where we communicate in the form of written posts if don't want to read?? 

Weird. 

7 long paragraphs?  I don’t have that much spare time at work!

7 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Not a "disgrace" to me. It's not overly personal or mean or wishing injury or ... I don't know ... I don't have much problem with it.

Singing "**** off" to a 21 year old isn't disgraceful to you? You don't think it isn't personal either?

You sure about that? 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 1

I said it at the time and I'll say it again, we could probably have forgiven the absolutely pony performances and the loan signing gone wrong were it not for every tom dîck or  harry and their mum's telling us across all social media, talksport, motd and even fëcking carrier pigeons how "lucky we were to have a world class player" and billy was too good for us and how we're the ones ruining his career etc. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

7 long paragraphs?  I don’t have that much spare time at work!

That's fair enough, Branston, I can see that might be the case when at work. 

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Signing "**** off" to a 21 year old isn't disgraceful to you? You don't think it isn't personal either?

You sure about that? 

It's not. Maybe that's just me. Obviously people can disagree.

It all got a bit overblown with the hype and the expectations but the overall point was that to get a high profile player from a club like Chelsea, most of us were thinking we were getting someone who could really influence the team's fortunes in a good way.  That just didn't happen and although it was not his fault, he knew what he was coming into and what the expectations would be. 

So a mistake by Chelsea to send him to us, mistake by Norwich in thinking we needed a diminutive player when all the talk was that we needed more physical players.

I don't condone abuse, but the negativity I can understand - and anti-chelsea chants are common. The "**** off back to Chelsea" chants were not nice, but not a surprise and really it is a measure of the mistake made by both clubs in thinking the move would be a good one. 

Just now, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

It's not. Maybe that's just me. Obviously people can disagree.

I think picking him out of a team of eleven and singing that makes it particularly personal, myself. But fair enough, you're entitled to your view.

6 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Weird. 

I go to the library and Waterstones too. But I don't want to read everything on their shelves.

14 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I go to the library and Waterstones too. But I don't want to read everything on their shelves.

Yes because you can also browse in a library and Waterstones. Enjoy the shop. Eat and drink at cafes. 

You can only read here. There is no other choice. 

1 hour ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

There's a big difference between some chants and yells and widespread "vitriol." The former is a normal part of every player's career at some point. The latter I have not seen any evidence of?

You may have been in America at the time.

Didn't his mother make a big thing of not touching the green on our scarf? Nothing is ever black and white.

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Didn't his mother make a big thing of not touching the green on our scarf? Nothing is ever black and white.

She absolutely did. 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I don't condone abuse, but the negativity I can understand - and anti-chelsea chants are common. The "**** off back to Chelsea" chants were not nice, but not a surprise and really it is a measure of the mistake made by both clubs in thinking the move would be a good one. 

So if the fans had sung fcuk off back to Germany to Farke you would have been ok with that and accepted it as being not nice?

I got the frustration of away fans last season, but singling out a young player when the whole team was diabolical is frankly an embarrassment for the club. Billy and his family had every reason to be upset by it.

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

So if the fans had sung fcuk off back to Germany to Farke you would have been ok with that and accepted it as being not nice?

I got the frustration of away fans last season, but singling out a young player when the whole team was diabolical is frankly an embarrassment for the club. Billy and his family had every reason to be upset by it.

Whilst I don’t feel the chants were acceptable, there is a big difference between chanting to ‘go back to Chelsea’ and chants saying ‘go back to Germany’. The latter is of course worse because it’s bordering on xenophobia but if Farke was told to ‘go back to Dortmund’ then that’s not nearly as offensive  

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yes because you can also browse in a library and Waterstones. Enjoy the shop. Eat and drink at cafes. 

You can only read here. There is no other choice. 

Ok, you're clearly on a wind up.

So I'll leave you to read every single post on this message board. While the rest of us browse at our leisure.

25 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Ok, you're clearly on a wind up.

So I'll leave you to read every single post on this message board. While the rest of us browse at our leisure.

So browsing isn't reading? 

Just think a bit about what you're trying to say, thickwad. 

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

So browsing isn't reading? 

Just think a bit about what you're trying to say, thickwad. 

Oh dear. Resorting to petty insults now, are we?

4 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

There's a significant difference between criticism and 

This is frankly a disgrace to sing at your own player in any circumstance. 

PDpboB9.png

If he listened few might have had a few more points tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

PDpboB9.png

If he listened few might have had a few more points tbh.

image.thumb.png.eaa8d6a70d282a4ca424a14f011796f7.png

Because a "few more points" would have made all the difference to us last season, wouldn't it? 

Eye Rolling Robert Downey Jr. | Know Your Meme

I don't think we'd have stayed up just not playing him but we'd have gotten a lot closer. I believe even the GD was significantly better when he wasn't playing (despite the fact he missed the chelsea drubbing)

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Charlie Chaplin. But I get your point. A friend of mine died last year, he came from a large family if staunch Republicans, he asked for everyone at his funeral to wear something orange. 

Edited by wcorkcanary