Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

Footballing geniuses Norwich city strike again

So we wasted 5,000,000 on Hugill and are stuck with him. 10,000,000 on Tzolis and stuck with him. Dimi was also a waste of money although he is of some use. Placeta the same

And now we are looking to let the young and talented Josh Martin go.

Stowmarket Town are run better than we are 

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

We 😂image.thumb.jpeg.f7de390106b99be5eefebf4c7b1b9fcd.jpeg

Lol I knew this was coming I do live in Suffolk just south of Diss, but have been a life long Norwich fan. Just because I'm in despair doesn't make me binner  

Just now, Mullet said:

Lol I knew this was coming I do live in Suffolk just south of Diss, but have been a life long Norwich fan. Just because I'm in despair doesn't make me binner  

Sorry Mullet . If you are a Suffolk Canary then I take it back. I was for many years -even further away from you - in Bury ! 
Don’t despair . At least not until we spend three years in Div 3 

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Sorry Mullet . If you are a Suffolk Canary then I take it back. I was for many years -even further away from you - in Bury ! 
Don’t despair . At least not until we spend three years in Div 3 

They are going to walk the league this year.

Just like last year.

And the year before that.

And even the one before that.

• Haha 1

if you read the Doncaster Manager who wants Martin back he said he is ok for us but not sure of Championship standard 

5,000,000 on Hugill and are stuck with him i would say a very good back up at this level i think he will score anywhere between 5/10 goals this season 

. 10,000,000 on Tzolis i agree total waste can not see us making a profit on i think lucky to get  7,5 mil with sell on fee 

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

if you read the Doncaster Manager who wants Martin back he said he is ok for us but not sure of Championship standard 

5,000,000 on Hugill and are stuck with him i would say a very good back up at this level i think he will score anywhere between 5/10 goals this season 

. 10,000,000 on Tzolis i agree total waste can not see us making a profit on i think lucky to get  7,5 mil with sell on fee 

I wouldn’t write off Tzolis just yet 

• Like 5

Just now, Yobocop said:

I wouldn’t write off Tzolis just yet 

i do not think he has settled 

might just be rumours about a move but i think if anyone is interested in him he will go just my opinion

I think a few of our misfiring players just need a confidence boost to get going. They surely can't be as bad as they look.🤪

Problem is that Smith is still the manager.(blatant wind up). 

13 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Indeed not! But pretty much every other post you have made does raise that suspicion, given their persistent denigration of everything the club does.

Josh Martin was not getting game time for a L1 side last season and the jump from that league to the Championship is huge now days. Hugill is a decent Championship striker, if all bonuses were met then 5m is a bit steep but having someone who offers something different, is happy being backup, is good in the dressing room and would get 10 goals a season if he played every game is not a totally useless squad option. Tzolis I agree was a weird one, he's highly rated but slow for a winger and doesn't look to have great ball control either, but you win some and lose some. Our signings in the last two summers haven't been great I agree but it doesn't mean we're poorly run.

I would like to see us be a bit more adventurous in the transfer market now with where we buy players from. Our model dictates that we take gambles but most of our players are British, Eastern European or Scandinavian and this is a bit boring. I know country of origin doesn't necessarily dictate the qualities of a player and their personalities but it couldn't hurt to look in different areas. If we're going to want to play exciting football why not try for some counties that are known to produce flair players like South America and Spain/Portugal? We also as a squad of personalities are a bit too nice, quiet and unassuming. I wouldn't mind more players like Buendia who have a bit of an attitude and an edge to them and who try to do things a bit differently. 

1 hour ago, Mullet said:

So we wasted 5,000,000 on Hugill and are stuck with him. 10,000,000 on Tzolis and stuck with him. Dimi was also a waste of money although he is of some use. Placeta the same

And now we are looking to let the young and talented Josh Martin go.

Stowmarket Town are run better than we are 

Weird post.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Indeed not! But pretty much every other post you have made does raise that suspicion, given their persistent denigration of everything the club does.

I'm a realist that's all, can you hand on heart say you are enthused by our lack of direction. The club has improved it's training facilities that's all. No stadium or squad improvements. Despite the fortune of PL money we are going backwards. We have lost our identity our Sporting director is a recruitment nightmare and lacks the integrity to admit it. I am fed up I admit it, I can't bury my head in the sand like you have done.

My reference to Stowmarket being better run than us although on a tiny budget.

Their chairman puts some of his personal money in, unlike ours. He is passionate about taking the club forward, Our chairman and board are stale.

Their ground is evolving, they consistently recruit players that enhance the squad. 

They are progressing we are regressing. I say it how I see it and I don't like what I see.

1 minute ago, Mullet said:

I'm a realist that's all, can you hand on heart say you are enthused by our lack of direction. The club has improved it's training facilities that's all. No stadium or squad improvements. Despite the fortune of PL money we are going backwards. We have lost our identity our Sporting director is a recruitment nightmare and lacks the integrity to admit it. I am fed up I admit it, I can't bury my head in the sand like you have done.

Their chairman puts some of his personal money in, unlike ours. He is passionate about taking the club forward, Our chairman and board are stale.

Their ground is evolving, they consistently recruit players that enhance the squad. 

They are progressing we are regressing. I say it how I see it and I don't like what I see.

You have your answer; go support the mighty Stowmarket.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Doesn't everyone think they are a realist? Even those that are being sensationalist and negative? "I'm a realist man!".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

You have your answer; go support the mighty Stowmarket.

Too right I'm not lining the pockets of our arrogant money wasting club, I threw my season ticket after the Watford, Leeds home games. 

4 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Too right I'm not lining the pockets of our arrogant money wasting club, I threw my season ticket after the Watford, Leeds home games. 

Sounds like we're better of for it, at least.

1 minute ago, Mullet said:

Good idea! The Watford away game was much more fun. Although it does seem a bit odd to have thrown the same season ticket away twice. Next time get really serious and don't attach it to a boomerang. 

Just heard that an emergency wall has now begun construction around the  town of Stowmarket.

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Good idea! The Watford away game was much more fun. Although it does seem a bit odd to have thrown the same season ticket away twice. Next time get really serious and don't attach it to a boomerang. 

Your're being pedantic I went the Watford game, didn't go to the Chelsea 7-0 but gave up before the Leeds game. 

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Josh Martin was not getting game time for a L1 side last season and the jump from that league to the Championship is huge now days. 

Sorry but you're wrong on this point..he joined Donny in January made 20 apps scoring 4 goals and made 3 assists in a side that were ultimately relegated. I believe that he's still only 20 too. I think that suggests potential to play at championship level

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Sorry but you're wrong on this point..he joined Donny in January made 20 apps scoring 4 goals and made 3 assists in a side that were ultimately relegated. I believe that he's still only 20 too. I think that suggests potential to play at championship level

Absolutely agree with you Sean, many Donny fans I know really think they were extremely lucky to have him.  If only the rest of the team were up to his capability they may have survived.

horsefly.jpg.03b060402eb9ea94581afc621b340e2c.jpg

14 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Just heard that an emergency wall has now begun construction around the  town of Stowmarket.

5 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Your're being pedantic I went the Watford game, didn't go to the Chelsea 7-0 but gave up before the Leeds game. 

I thought you threw your season ticket away after the Leeds game. You seem to be a bit confused. Maybe you're picking up on a Boris Johnson vibe when it comes to the recollection of events.

2 minutes ago, Mullet said:

horsefly.jpg.03b060402eb9ea94581afc621b340e2c.jpg

Just had a look to see if I could find your season ticket. Nope! it's not there.

• Haha 1

Just now, shefcanary said:

Absolutely agree with you Sean, many Donny fans I know really think they were extremely lucky to have him.  If only the rest of the team were up to his capability they may have survived.

The one Donny fan I knows thought he was great and the numbers back that up. He won't be on much of a wage and is only 20, not sure why we would let him go permanently at this point. Also expressed a determination to impress our current manager when talking in March

• Like 1

Doncaster’s manager himself doubted whether Martin was Championship standard - there’s a big gulf.  We surely want players who most definitely are Championship (or above).

This entire thread is weird and on a pretty daft premise: we bought players who maybe didn’t work out, the binners let one go for who’s worth £12m and will see a fraction of it.

Apparently the Ipswich ground is constantly evolving (really - it was still **** when I went last year) and they invest in players who enhance their squad…which is obviously why they finished 11th.  Fantasy land, isn’t it. 

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Doncaster’s manager himself doubted whether Martin was Championship standard - there’s a big gulf.  We surely want players who most definitely are Championship (or above).

This entire thread is weird and on a pretty daft premise: we bought players who maybe didn’t work out, the binners let one go for who’s worth £12m and will see a fraction of it.

Apparently the Ipswich ground is constantly evolving (really - it was still **** when I went last year) and they invest in players who enhance their squad…which is obviously why they finished 11th.  Fantasy land, isn’t it. 

No one is talking about Ipswich I was talking about Stowmarket. And to say we bought players who maybe didn't work. I'd say they 100% haven't work out. Just one example 10 million on Tzolis who played what, 5 games and they are trying to ship him out and recoup their money. Who in their right mind is paying anywhere near that

This would be the same Josh Martin who couldn't get a game for MK Dons would it?? Alrighty then.......