Sign in to follow this  
unique

From Riches to Rags……

2021/22 Season

Maddison           2454 minutes played     12 goals     11 assists

Buendia              1887 minutes played       4 goals          6 assists

Rashica, Lees-Melou, McLean, Norman, Gilmour, Dowell, Rupp, Placheta, Tzolis, Rowe……collectively….

13388 minutes played        5 goals          9 assists

Did I read somewhere that DS believes there are far more goals to come out of this squad?

Is this the most feeble group of midfielders ever assembled by a PL team?

We finished bottom of the league with a minus 61 goal difference, honestly, you don’t need to go looking for any other ways of saying “we were shìt”; it’s patently obvious. 😉👍

• Like 4

I'd like to think it's pretty wrong for a Norwich fan to invest time into finding another way to demonstrate how bad their own side is.

But then we'd have a very inactive forum.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Great. Another self-flagellation topic. 

I think the season deserves it.

Even worse is a transfer and rumour thread…….so full of misplaced hope and misguided optimism…..

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, unique said:

Even worse is a transfer and rumour thread…….so full of misplaced hope and misguided optimism…..

Bet you're the life and soul of every party, aren't you?

1 hour ago, unique said:

2021/22 Season

Maddison           2454 minutes played     12 goals     11 assists

Buendia              1887 minutes played       4 goals          6 assists

Rashica, Lees-Melou, McLean, Norman, Gilmour, Dowell, Rupp, Placheta, Tzolis, Rowe……collectively….

13388 minutes played        5 goals          9 assists

Did I read somewhere that DS believes there are far more goals to come out of this squad?

Is this the most feeble group of midfielders ever assembled by a PL team?

This is, of course, a seriously flawed statistical "analysis". For it to begin to be relevant you would need to total all the returns from every Villa midfielder, ditto every Leicester midfielder (goals per minutes would probably significantly change). But then, I don't think you really intended this to be overly serious.

13 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Bet you're the life and soul of every party, aren't you?

Is that the best you can do? The season we've just endured and you still have no better argument other than insults.

noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora

1.a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Offering your opposing view would be a bit more appreciated.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

This is, of course, a seriously flawed statistical "analysis". For it to begin to be relevant you would need to total all the returns from every Villa midfielder, ditto every Leicester midfielder (goals per minutes would probably significantly change). But then, I don't think you really intended this to be overly serious.

Are you for real? You want Barnes, Tielemans, Lookman, Coutinho, Ramsey, McGinn etc brought into the equation?

Best not go there……

5 minutes ago, unique said:

Are you for real? You want Barnes, Tielemans, Lookman, Coutinho, Ramsey, McGinn etc brought into the equation?

Best not go there……

I was talking about your stats. Either you want them to be accurate or you don't. You clearly don't, but of course the point of your post was only really concerned with finding something to bash the club with, as others have pointed out. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Feel that infamous Derby side would give them a run for their money 

When we get promoted next season, then we'll give that Derby side a run for its money!    9 points anyone!  Riches to rags indeed!

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

I'd like to think it's pretty wrong for a Norwich fan to invest time into finding another way to demonstrate how bad their own side is.

But then we'd have a very inactive forum.

I did that yesterday inadvertently; I read an article that Michael Bailey published on The Athletic and some of the statistics genuinely made me think that we were worse than I thought last season. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

I was talking about your stats. Either you want them to be accurate or you don't. You clearly don't, but of course the point of your post was only really concerned with finding something to bash the club with, as others have pointed out. 

The stats are accurate. They show that our entire midfield contributed a tad more in goals and assists than Buendia on his own, and nowhere near as many as James Maddison. Hence the headline.

DS has stated, I understand, that his current squad have more goals in them. I beg to differ.

As for finding something to bash the club with? The last year in the life of NCFC doesn’t leave room for much else.

Poster says how cràp the season is .

More posters say how cràp the poster is . 

Then a few more posters will be along to say they are slightly less cràp than other posters , and whatever happens we should be grateful because we aren’t Burnley who will definitely be really cràp next season . 

I think that covers it? 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Then a few more posters will be along to say they are slightly less cràp than other posters , and whatever happens we should be grateful because we aren’t Burnley who will definitely by really cràp next season . 

I think that covers it? 

The amount of work to find how to post a letter with an accent above just for the word crap. Admirable.

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The amount of work to find how to post a letter with an accent above just for the word crap. Admirable.

Doesn’t take long on an iPad:  ãåàáäâæ

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Dôddlè èàśŷ pëášŷ. 

You should try it . V therapeutic 😴

8 hours ago, unique said:

Have you ever looked at TWTD? 🤔

50 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Then a few more posters will be along to say they are slightly less cràp than other posters , and whatever happens we should be grateful because we aren’t Burnley who will definitely by really cràp next season . 

I think that covers it? 

I’ll think I’ll just read this post every few days until the next season starts and not bother with the rest of the forum. Will probably save me a couple of days of wasted time. 

Perhaps you could do another succinct summary for the “our signings are crap; give them a chance; no, they’re definitely not showing the ambition of [insert rival name here]” transfer threads too GPB?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, unique said:

The stats are accurate. They show that our entire midfield contributed a tad more in goals and assists than Buendia on his own, and nowhere near as many as James Maddison. Hence the headline.

DS has stated, I understand, that his current squad have more goals in them. I beg to differ.

As for finding something to bash the club with? The last year in the life of NCFC doesn’t leave room for much else.

Nope! Your stats are farcical, not because they not individually inaccurate but, because you are not comparing like with like. It's the easiest game in the world to select stats to prove whatever you want. As a wise man once said, "He uses statistics like a drunk uses a lamppost, for support rather than illumination". Kalvin Phillips scored 1 goal this season so obviously he's rubbish compared to Maddison, Ollie Skipp didn't score any, so he must be really sh*ite.

No one is denying we had a crap season, but making anomalous statistical comparisons is not remotely helpful. I think we have all worked out that not enough goals were scored from midfield, without the need to compare our players with Maddison.